DVDVR Message Board

ALL IN - 9/1/2018 - Post-Show Thread

I am laughing at the penis druids well over two hours later. That was immense. I love this show. Going to watch again with a bud tomorrow. Can't wait.

Oh, and if the big rookie mistake out of this production was them being too generous with undercard match times, I think that says a lot about their coordinating skills and the prep that went into this beast. Fantastic! And they'll become more callous with that issue in the future after that.

• Like 2

I hope there was some ROH official backstage to offer MJF a contract dude has it and is on the rise get him while you still can.

If Chelsea Green is available they should pick her up too.

Battle Royal was a blast too. 

The women put on a show they made sure they left there mark. Incredible wrestling from top to bottom

Amell out did himself as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

That was a pretty damn good show. I didn’t have a single problem with Fite.tv, but if I did, I wouldn’t care, it didn’t cost me a dime. That sucks it crapped out on some of you. 

Petrol knows why I had feed problems.

• Like 3

I suspect they chose the main event in part because it was best suited to a sprint, and they didn’t want any of the big singles matches to get that treatment. So you could argue The Bucks putting themselves on last was actually pretty generous and responsible both. (I’m not sure I would argue that, but it’s plausible.) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I hope there was some ROH official backstage to offer MJF a contract dude has it and is on the rise get him while you still can.

If Chelsea Green is available they should pick her up too.

I love MJF. I get an EC3 crossed with Alex Shelley vibe from him. I really liked the hype video and his match against Nate Webb at Lost in New York. From what I was able to see, I liked his match against Matt Cross.

If she isn't going to WWE, ROH absolutely needs to sign Chelsea Green. I really liked the women's match from what I saw. I also liked Britt Baker's theme being the old entrance theme for Adam Cole/The Kingdom.

I think Tessa Blanchard is going to be the best woman on the planet not hailing from Japan very quickly. She fackin' lays her shit in and I love it. Her stuff looks so crisp, particularly when contrasted with her peers' strikes. I thought her match at Slammiversary was fine but her performance tonight was very impressive. Chelsea has some great character work and one of the raddest missile dropkicks I've ever seen. There's a lot of potential there. I thought the match was a decent little 4-way spotfest but nothing much beyond that. 

• Like 5

The opening bit was fun, Nick saying every major show needs a random legend cameo is the truest statement. I loved Billy & Austin Gunn in the battle royal plus Bully's antics but was disappointed in the end that the show was gonna have just a regular old ROH title match instead of a different/unique challenger as I otherwise have no interest in Lethal. Happy for Cody to get his big moment, Aldis had done nothing for me and felt like the NWA took a massive nosedive taking the title off Tim Storm. Looking forward to Cody bringing back some relevance.

21 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Hopefully after her performance in the Battle Royal Jordynne Grace gets signed by Impact or ROH. It would be great if Callis could convince Chelsea to come back to Impact. 

Does Jordynne Grace have any connection to Michael Elgin? This was my first time seeing her, and came off like a female Elgin, even down to the similar looking tights.

I was really hoping Austin Gunn was going to eliminate his dad. I liked Jimmy Jacobs ring attire and his nod to his ex-employer.

Grace would be great addition to Women of Honor.

Omega vs Pentagon was cool too forgot to mention it. Kenny is one a whole other level right now. Pentagon is the perfect type of opponent for Kenny.

And the Jericho surprise that was really awesome. I thought they blew a power fuse.

37 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I think Tessa Blanchard is going to be the best woman on the planet not hailing from Japan very quickly. She fackin' lays her shit in and I love it. Her stuff looks so crisp, particularly when contrasted with her peers' strikes. I thought her match at Slammiversary was fine but her performance tonight was very impressive. Chelsea has some great character work and one of the raddest missile dropkicks I've ever seen. There's a lot of potential there. I thought the match was a decent little 4-way spotfest but nothing much beyond that. 

I agree 100%. I was really disappointed that WWE didn't keep her because that was right around that transition period for the women's division and they could have really gotten behind her as another opponent for Asuka.

That's fine though, because now she looks like she's learning a ton more and she's tearing it up everywhere she's at.

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Does Jordynne Grace have any connection to Michael Elgin? This was my first time seeing her, and came off like a female Elgin, even down to the similar looking tights.

Only that she's also a powerlifter like Elgin is. She's married to Jonathan Gresham and tags with Lufisto as Team PAWG. 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I agree 100%. I was really disappointed that WWE didn't keep her because that was right around that transition period for the women's division and they could have really gotten behind her as another opponent for Asuka.

That's fine though, because now she looks like she's learning a ton more and she's tearing it up everywhere she's at.

Tessa was never contracted to WWE. She also supposedly has attitude issues.