DVDVR Message Board

ALL IN - 9/1/2018 - Post-Show Thread

I mean what reason do they really have to inflate the attendance number? It’s not like there’s much of a difference between 10,541 and 11,263. They have maintained for months that they sold 10,541 tickets and when they set up the stage, there could’ve easily been extra space for a several hundred more seats. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I caved and decided to watch this as I'm already signed up on NJPW World... I blame @Oyaji.

Love or hate these guys, this definitely felt like a big deal. Great production value and a very lively crowd as it's to be expected. I thought this would feel more so like a bigger budget ROH show with a bigger crowd, but it didn't come across that way; felt like a show entirely different from that. Skipped Christopher Daniels/Stephen Amell (I find Daniels to be one of the most boring wrestlers ever), women's 4 way, Kazuchika Okada/Marty Scurll (yeah, not watching a 20+ minute Marty Scurll singles match) and the ROH world title match (Flip Gordon, sigh...).

I thought the opener was fine and it's unfortunate MJF wasn't the NWA world champ in there against Cody and the six man tag was by far the most entertaining match, although it wasn't great and there's dozens of New Japan Jr. multi man tag matches and Michinoku Pro matches I'd take over this. The rest of what I saw was exactly what you'd expect it to be, which I'm not a fan of, but kudos to Kenny for actually having Penta put together something that wasn't a thigh slap heavy super kick fest with multiple Canadian Destroyers and 0 Miedo taunts.

6 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Skipped Christopher Daniels/Stephen Amell (I find Daniels to be one of the most boring wrestlers ever), women's 4 way, Kazuchika Okada/Marty Scurll (yeah, not watching a 20+ minute Marty Scurll singles match) and the ROH world title match (Flip Gordon, sigh...).

You skipped two of the three best matches on the show man.

• Like 3