DVDVR Message Board

ALL IN - 9/1/2018 - Post-Show Thread

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

Matt said the PPV ended with 3 seconds to spare. 

On Comcast, the PPV was blocked out for 3:30-12:00 midnight. If they had all that time available, how did they get that close to running over? I ordered it hella late, caught the end of the main, it then immediately restarted and at 1145 I am pretty deep into Okada - Scurll. 

7 hours ago, ChrisM said:

Like I said elsewhere, Cody booking himself to win the NWA title is  the most Dusty thing ever.

No, that would be Cody booking himself to win the title only for the result to be overturned via Dusty finish. ?

I want a Brian Cage/Punishment Martinez match asap.

Marty/Okada dragged in the middle but the finishing stretch was great.

Penta and Kenny gelled really well for two wildly different styles.

The women's four way was fantastic.

I really don't like this Flip/Brandi story, but that outfit was something.

This show was tremendous.

Man, Billy Gunn is huge. Like, in my mind, he was a slightly above average sized guy, but he was the biggest guy on the show tonight. His son hit a fucking awesome arm drag into a neckbreaker

• Like 2

Cody winning the NWA belt is the best thing for everyone. Gives the NWA a champion people care about, who cab draw, for the first time in years. Gives Cody the title his dad chased for most of his career, adds to his modern meets old school vibe. Gives ROHa chance to both book Cody as the World's Champion and keep their belt off him. Adds to the BC/BTE belt collection.

Plus, it was THE emotional moment of the night. The match was nothing special, but it got the memorable moment thing. 

Also, Matt Cross still has the prettiest SSP I've ever seem.

• Like 3

I had no idea Billy Gunn had a kid who was wrestling. He looked good from what I could tell in the battle royal. Looks better in the ring than Hall's kid anyway. I've been watching some of his NOAH stuff to make him on Fire Pro and he lumbers around the ring like frankenstein (and he's been working like 5 or 6 years now)

• Like 1

One of the reasons I stopped watching ROH was Bully Ray so that stuff will clearly infuriate me.

Isn't Cody's contract with ROH exclusive? The reason I am asking is just trying to figure out how the NWA Title defense will work, etc..

Thought it was a really good show. Unfortunate they had to rush through the main event but it was still entertaining. Okada/Scurll is my pick for match of the night, omega and pentagon was pretty amazing as well. The presentation was great, looked like a major league show. 

8 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

On Comcast, the PPV was blocked out for 3:30-12:00 midnight. If they had all that time available, how did they get that close to running over? I ordered it hella late, caught the end of the main, it then immediately restarted and at 1145 I am pretty deep into Okada - Scurll. 

Comcast had it 6:30pm to 3 am so the replay started at 11pm and the show finished at 10:59 pm. 

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

IMan, Billy Gunn is huge. Like, in my mind, he was a slightly above average sized guy, but he was the biggest guy on the show tonight.

Or 99% of the indy guys are vanilla midgets.

12 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Omega v. Penta and Scurll v. Okada were the only matches that weren't way too long and overbooked to hell.

Whoever agreed to that fucking dick bullshit should be excommunicated from the business.   Fuck all of that.

Worth it just to hear Jim Cornette rant about it, though Hangman Page might have become his favourite wrestler for murdering Ryan.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, Billy Gunn is huge. Like, in my mind, he was a slightly above average sized guy, but he was the biggest guy on the show tonight. His son hit a fucking awesome arm drag into a neckbreaker

Billy Gunn is one of the few professional wrestlers I have met/seen in person, and the one thing I remember is yes he is quite big, in that "average for a basketball player is Fucking Huge for The Average Joe" sort of way.

Most indie guys are (I suspect) closer to average joe height (albeit in better shape), so I'm not surprised Billy towers over guys now.

• Like 1