DVDVR Message Board

ALL IN - 9/1/2018 - Post-Show Thread

I have never seen six guys have to rush so much to get through a match. Maybe cut out the Joey Ryan and Bully Ray stuff and you'd have had the time. Okada and Scurll aren't to blame.

• Like 3

First of you fuckers to trot out "Cody, The Bucks, and Kenny are going to WWE in January" after THAT get's an ignore.

I went in not expecting much, expecting an easy pay day for the BC and their boys.  I got a pretty damned amazing Pro-wrestling show that entertained me start to finish and left me feeling something I haven't felt from a US show in a LONG time.  I'm not a fan of BC, but damn if they didn't put on one hell of a show.

Cody/Aldis was probably the greatest tribute to Dusty ever.

Omega/Penta was a fucking spectical that hasn't been seen in a while.

Omega/Scurll was match of the night and Okada went out and gave Scurll a title defense level match.

The main was a nice little sprint, but I would've like to seen what they could do if they weren't up against the time wall.

The Page/Ryan segment was the greatest thing I've ever seen in pro-wrestling.

• Like 4

When they were hollering about going home and everything was being rushed I knew something was up. Then Rey yelling shit at the lucha guys in Spanish to hurry things up. Be glad Rey was there to help with that. Ibushi just knows at this point, so you don't need to tell him where to be.

There was plenty of fat that could have been trimmed to give the main event an extra 5-10 minutes, but a fantastic show overall.  I don't know how many people who tuned in were the sort who never watched wrestling outside of WWE, but this would be a great event to show people that there's other wrestling out there that's worth seeing.

The Main Event suffered but on a whole this show was great. I know we were in for something special but this exceeded expectations.

From to to bottom a shit ton of fun.

Black Machismo. Jericho all the legends on the show. It was cool to see Magnum.

Okada and Scrull had a fucking match Okada had his working boots on and Scrull proved he belonged there.

I had a blast and watched since Zero Hour. 5 hours of wrestling is a lot but i enjoyed it.

Briscoes and SoCal set the tone.

• Like 1

Page/Janela and Flip/Lethal ought to have been shorter, even if you don’t consider the post-match stuff. But honestly... that was pretty much exactly what I wanted the main event to be. It was a sugar rush; and sometimes a little desert is better than a lot, when you’ve had a huge meal. 

It’s pretty hard not to feel generous, in any case. Basically everything was better than I expected—even when I expected a lot—and that was overall a tremendous production. (Felt way more major league than New Japan’s stand alone US shows, for example.)

9 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Like I said elsewhere, Cody booking himself to win the NWA title is  the most Dusty thing ever.

I think Billy realized that while the 10 Pounds of Gold YouTube series is nice, Aldis brings little to the table.  In Cody, the NWA can hook themselves to the Bullet Club train and ride the positive press for as long as they want.  Cody and the Bullet Club bring the name recognition the NWA needs at this point in time if they are to bring themselves back into relevance.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

First of you fuckers to trot out "Cody, The Bucks, and Kenny are going to WWE in January" after THAT get's an ignore.

I went in not expecting much, expecting an easy pay day for the BC and their boys.  I got a pretty damned amazing Pro-wrestling show that entertained me start to finish and left me feeling something I haven't felt from a US show in a LONG time.  I'm not a fan of BC, but damn if they didn't put on one hell of a show.

Cody/Aldis was probably the greatest tribute to Dusty ever.

Omega/Penta was a fucking spectical that hasn't been seen in a while.

Omega/Scurll was match of the night and Okada went out and gave Scurll a title defense level match.

The main was a nice little sprint, but I would've like to seen what they could do if they weren't up against the time wall.

The Page/Ryan segment was the greatest thing I've ever seen in pro-wrestling.

Agree with all of this though I came in with high expectations thinking that none of the key figures involved wanted this to be anything but a true spectacle and the lesser known guys saw it, rightfully, as a huge proving ground. I appreciate that Scurll/Okada had a built in story that they leaned into extensively and helped elevate it from a really good match between a very good wrestler and one of the all time greats to a truly special match. And that Omega/Pentagon was kind of a huge greatest hits match from each guy with a bit of character work really shows the difference between Okada and Omega and why Okada is just a bit better than Kenny (whom I love to death and all that). Jericho running in, Mysterio's Wolverine gear, inflatable human-sized penises, the craziness of Janela, Flip's big challenge, and perhaps the greatest pre-show in the history of pre-shows make this such a great damned show. I feel for Nick and Matt but even just that third of the match they wanted to tell was still really wonderful. Massive success from an "artistic" perspective. I hope the PPV did really well and we get more. Cut the MJF match (and I think he's a very good Miz clone) and maybe a few minutes from the ROH title match and Earl Hebner anxiously rambling and we'd have a much tighter show. There were some production issues but nothing glaring. And holy shit did Paul Turner look like he was going to have a heart attack out there yelling at Marty to go home. 

Oh yeah, having Jay Lethal (presumed innocent, I realize) do a creepy force-himself-on-the-valet sequence was really freakin' tone-deaf and having Flip work Hogan spots on Lethal was not that much better.

Good things - Kenny Omega/Penta was the kind of dream match stuff that took me back to a happy mid-00's indy-sorta place! And Cody sleazing it up and putting himself over felt *right*. I actually hope Aldis is perturbed by it all and there's some storyline follow-through.

• Like 2

My feed on Fite TV was really fucking bad. I tried on my laptop, tablet, and phone. It would play for a little bit, then buffering, play, buffering, which sucks because I enjoyed the hell out of what I saw. Not only did Fite TV refund my money for All In, but also Joey Janela's Lost in New York, eventhough I had no issues for Lost in New York. I'll watch the replay on New Japan World. At least I don't have to worry about stream issues for the MSG show.

Gotta say that Honor Club had crystal clear image quality/sound and no streaming hiccups after their initial fuck up. Two for two from them so long as you don't freak out over the odd drop (Supercard) or somewhat problematic starts (tonight).

I will also say, should they do this again, and I hope they do now, because wrestling NEEDS this, is Matt needs to learn to time out a show or get someone who can do it.  I mean, you had Callis right there and they hit the post, that shouldn't have really happened.

Decent show, but a bit too much fat to trim.  Felt like the could have cut the first match to give the main event more time.  Other than that, Omega/Penta was the best match of the night, but was a little too spotty for my liking.  And if this was truly a Dusty inspired show, the NWA title match should be overturned because of Brandi's interference.

• Like 1

Prichard was in town too just saying.

Cody vs Aldis was fun too it went 22 minutes but hey it was well executed sports entertainment.  Cody as NWA Champ should be fun, he will bring a ton of recognition and that Title will be all over television (Syndication and AXS). I wonder who he is booked against at the 70th Anniversary show.

Say what you want maybe it was tone deaf but I thought Jay confusing Brandi as Liz was fun. Brandi played it off great.

Page-Jonela was rowdy and Joey Ryan getting an Undertaker entrance but with Penises was so bonkers it worked.

• Like 2