DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - REST OF THE REGULAR SEASON

RIPPA

Clinching in AZ is a longshot, but if LAD sweeps and PHI takes the first three, that will do it. 

Although after game 3 of the NLDS last year they had cops on horseback to keep the pool safe. If there is any chance of a clinch this week, I'd imagine they do the same thing.

All that really means is that if LAD is going to win the West again this year, they will likely have to clinch it in SF, and that's some grade A shit anyway.

Oh they should jump in the pool even if they don't clinch.  They should jump in the pool in mid-April too.  And they should continue to jump in the pool when they start being a sub .500 team again (feel free to start any time plz).

Puig should come out for pre-game warmups wearing water wings.

Arizona is hot and dry you have to stay hydrated down there and if they're going to be so generous as to provide that pool it'd be rude not to use it... :)

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:52 AM, OSJ said:

I know we are all old when players are retiring who we recall the rookie seasons of. ?

I'll trust Wiki on this obscure stat, though I was sure that the answer would have been "Eddie Murray", Eddie was nothing short of ferocious with two strikes. 

Okay, got in my old school reference, my work here is done.

I would've went with Hubbie Brooks myself.

Here's what remains to be decided

AL West

A technicality since Houston clinches with their next win or Oakland loss

2nd Wild Card Berth

A technicality since Oakland clinches with their next win or Tampa loss

AL Home Field Advantage

A technicality since Boston clinches with their next win or Houston loss

Wild Card Home Field

Yanks lead Oakland by 1 1/2.

Yanks play 4 games @ Tampa, 3 games @ Boston

Oakland plays 3 games @ Seattle, 3 games @ LAA

NL Central

Cubs lead Milwaukee by 2 1/2 games, St Louis by 4 1/2

NL West

Dodgers lead Rockies by 1 1/2 games

Wild Card Berths

Brewers currently have the 1st WC, lead Cards by 2 games

Cards currently have 2nd WC, lead Rockies 1 1/2 games

NL Home Field Advantage

Cubs lead Braves by 3 1/2 games

Remaining Schedules for that mess

Braves: 3 @ Mets, 3 @ Philly

Cubs: 4 vs. Pitt, 3 vs. Cards

Brewers: 3 @ Cards, 3 vs. Tigers

Cards: 3 vs. Brewers, 3 @ Cubs

Dodgers: 3 @ AZ, 3 @ San Fran

Rockies: 4 vs. Philly, 3 vs. Nats

Astros clinched the AL West

Brewers will clinch a WC if they complete the sweep of the Cards today. They are also only a 1/2 game behind the Cubs for the NL Central.

The Rockies meanwhile have moved into the 2nd WC spot and they too are only a 1/2 game back in the division race

Oh BTW there is still technically the possibility of there being a 4 way (and even a FIVE way tie) in the NL

If the Brewers go 0-4, the Dodgers go 3-1, the Cardinals go 4-0 and the Rockies go 4-1 -- voila! -- there's the kind of chaos this dual Wild Card format (which so far has only given us one tiebreaker game, back in 2013) has never seen before.

And, unlikely as it may be, if the NL Central-leading Cubs drop their next two games to the Pirates as this scenario plays out, things would get really weird. In that case, the Cubs would also finish at 91-71, giving us a truly chaotic five-way tie in the NL that we'll address in more detail if the Pirates play their part in the coming days.