DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - REST OF THE REGULAR SEASON

RIPPA

The Triple A affiliation musical chair game has begun

Mets will move to Syracuse (This has been known since the end of last year since the Mets bought the team) (Nationals had been in Syracuse. Mets were in Las Vegas)

Athletics will move to Las Vegas (They had been in Nashville)

Astros will move to Round Rock (Rangers had been here - This is the team owned by Nolan Ryan)

Brewers will move San Antonio (SA is a new city. Colorado Springs lost its AAA designation so the Brewers are just moving along with the team)

This leaves the Rangers and Nationals fighting over Nashville and Fresno (Fresno is where the Stros were). Nashville is roughly the same distance for both franchises. Clearly I am rooting for the Nats to be stuck with Fresno

The next Os loss will set the franchise record for losses in a season (well at least since they have been in Baltimore)

If they happen to lose all their remaining games - they will tie the 2003 Tigers with 119 losses

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The Yankees are going to lose the Wild Card game because Sanchez couldn't stop an old lady crossing the street.  Mark my words. 

No they are going to lose because Boone is continuing the Girardi tradition of thinking Betances is a closer

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No they are going to lose because Boone is continuing the Girardi tradition of thinking Betances is a closer

But they can't get to the closer if Sanchez is giving up runs because he's a high school level catcher.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Victor Martinez will play today and tomorrow and then is retiring.

He's been out of shape and injured for much of the time under his latest contract but VMart was really, really good from 2011 to 2014.  He hit .337 in 2014 with 2 strikes, the second-best 2-strike average since 1914 (thanks Wikipedia).  He had a really nice career, much of it in a Detroit uniform.  Enjoy your retirement, VMart.

I know we are all old when players are retiring who we recall the rookie seasons of. ?

I'll trust Wiki on this obscure stat, though I was sure that the answer would have been "Eddie Murray", Eddie was nothing short of ferocious with two strikes. 

Okay, got in my old school reference, my work here is done.

This has been a lost season, but I'm really liking the young talent on the Blue Jays. Gurriel, Jansen, Tellez and a few other position players have shown some flashes of real potential, with Vladdy, Bichette, and Biggio on their way. Same can be said for Pannone, Gaviglio, Barucki and Reid Foley on the mound. Sunnier days are hopefully ahead.

Yanks clinch a Wild Card spot.

Mariners will be eliminated with their next loss so basically the only team that can catch Oakland is Tampa (and they are like 7 GB)

In fact - Tampa has a shot at winning 90 games (while finishing third in the division)

The Arizona Diamondbacks, who were in first place in the NL West on April 1, May 1, July 1, August 1 and September 1, have been eliminated.

They rolled over and died against COL, and then immediately after today's game announced that Robbie Ray is starting against LAD tomorrow.

Salty bitches. They want so badly to be a real rival to the Dodgers, but they can't seem to be good enough for any kind of extended period of time to actually do that.