DVDVR Message Board

My NXT project

Yo-Yo's Roomie

8/26/15

This episode was taped in Brooklyn before Takeover.

Enzo and Big Cass and The Hype Bros Vs Dash and Dawson and Jason Jordan and Chad Gable: Crowd is super into Enzo and Cass. This is a fun old match with a hot crowd and everyone getting a bit of shine. Feel good stuff. The babyfaces get the win with Enzo picking up the pin.

Backstage, Neville asks William Regal for a spot in the Dusty Rhodes classic. Regal says he's in.

Eva Marie Vs Carmella: This is probably the most over Carmella has ever been. Big heel heat for Eva, who, to her credit, does better this week than she did in her last match. Eva wins with Sliced Bread #2.

Devin is in the back interviewing Regal about the Dusty Rhodes Classic. Baron Corbin walks in and demands to be in the tournament. Regal says Corbin will team with Rhyno, and next week they will face The Ascension in the first round. Corbin is happy with this. Regal is booking this thing on the fly.

Bull Dempsey Vs Elias Samson: It's the re-debut of Dempsey but, more importantly, it's the debut of The Drifter. Bull is pretty over in his hometown. Oh, I get it now. BullFit sounds like bullshit. Dempsey wins with a vertical splash off the top rope.

Emma Vs Dana Brooke Vs Charlotte Vs Becky Lynch: Big hype for this throughout the show. Each lady gets a comprehensive video package, and we get two sets of promos, one from the heels, one from the babyfaces, to build it up. The problem is, this big match apparently has no stakes at all. I assumed it was a number one contenders match, but no. I really like Emma's new entrance music. Dana Brooke is so ridiculous. She has, like, 5 different signature poses and she just does them incessantly on a loop like it's some kind of nervous tic. Single bicep flex, run hand down outstretched arm, gesture to waist with finger snap, double bicep thrust, run hands down body and around groin area, point to fan and do 'break' motion with hands, motion someone to come towards her and then do 'stop' gesture, repeat. It's hypnotising when you notice it. Like a real life video game glitch. And I kind of love it. This match is fine, but seems to have a botched finish. Emma hits the corner splash she does on Becky and then just pins her with it, which surprised her and surprised me too. The replay shows that Becky definitely never kicked out though, so if it was a botch it was her fault. I was glad Emma won anyway, but then fucking Charlotte had to get her heat back by attacking Emma and laying her out. She covered her and counted three, so maybe that was supposed to be the finish. In which case, thank God for botches. Then Becky and Charlotte locked their submissions on Emma and Dana. The show ends with Charlotte and Becky standing tall.

Episode MVP: This was a fun show, but pretty throwaway, with lots of promos and highlights from Takeover. It was an hour and a half long show, but really the extra half hour was just all the video packages. No-one particularly stood out, so I'll give the MVP award to Emma for her big win that means absolutely nothing.

9/2/15

Baron Corbin and Rhyno Vs The Ascension: The Ascension get a warm welcome back from the idiots at Full Sail. They're playing babyface in the match, and are actually more interesting that way. Corbin and Rhyno get the win to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Classic. 

Alexa Bliss Vs Blue Pants: This is unfortunately, but understandably, a squash win for Bliss. Is that the end of Blue Pants? I kind of feel like it should be.

In the back, William Regal is in his office with Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano (!). Tyler Breeze barges in and demands a spot in the Dusty. Regal called Ciampa and Gargano two of the hottest free agents in sports entertainment, and says they're in the tournament. He puts Breeze in with Bull Dempsey as his partner.

Apollo Crews Vs Martin Stone: Squash win for Crews.

Eva Marie Vs Billie Kay: This is billed as Kay's debut, and she has her own entrance. She seems to be playing a generic spunky babyface. This match was going surprisingly well until Eva Marie forgot to kick out of a move, but the ref stopped counting anyway. That put huge heat on the match. Eva won again. I'm already sick of hearing Corey Graves saying 'All Red Everything'. And you'd think someone whose catchphrase was 'all red everything' would wear red gear.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable Vs Neville and Solomon Crowe: This is a pretty fun first round Dusty match. The regular team of Gable and Jordan picked up the win to advance.

Episode MVP: Chad Gable.

9/9/15

Carmella Vs Peyton Royce: Like Billie Kay, Peyton has her own entrance now. Can't be long before NXT gets Iconic. Royce is playing a babyface. Carmella wins with the Code of Silence.

Samoa Joe and Finn Balor are in the back getting ready for their Dusty Classic match against The Lucha Dragons. Then we see highlights of Enzo and Cass and Dash and Dawson winning first round matches at NXT live events.

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa Vs Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey: The in-ring debut of Gargano and Ciampa. I'm not well-versed on these guys at all, so let's see what they've got to offer. They look like low-rent indie guys. Bull gets 'Bull is gorgeous' chants, which gets under Breeze's skin. Indeed, this match is more an angle to set up a Breeze/Dempsey feud. Bull accidentally knocks Breeze off the apron, and that gives Gargano and Ciampa the chance for a roll-up victory to advance to round 2. Breeze then beats down Bull.

Another backstage interview with the Hulk Hogan/Gene Okerlund of NXT, Dana Brooke and Devin Taylor. Actually, Dana as NXT's Hogan could work. She already has the incessant posing down. Brooke basically says she's targeting the women's title, and that playtime is over.

Dana Brooke Vs Billie Kay: They mention on commentary how Kay essentially pinned Eva Marie last week, when Eva forgot to kick out. Dana with the win. The women's division is in a bit of a transitional period right now. They're running the Nia Jax intro vignettes pretty hard, so that's something I guess.

We see a cute video of Izzy getting a tour of the performance center with Bayley, and Bayley will return to Full Sail next week.

Finn Balor and Samoa Joe Vs The Lucha Dragons: Weirdly, this match is taking place in Providence, RI, at what looks like a Main Event taping, with Tom Phillips and Jimmy Uso on commentary. So, when Joe and Finn were in the back earlier getting ready to head to their match, they were actually about to hop on a plane? This match is pretty fun. Lots of fast-paced offence. Balor and Joe get the win to advance.

Episode MVP: Samoa Joe.

13 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa Vs Tyler Breeze and Bull Dempsey: The in-ring debut of Gargano and Ciampa. I'm not well-versed on these guys at all, so let's see what they've got to offer. They look like low-rent indie guys.

That remains true for one of them.  I'll let you decide which. 

9/16/15

The show starts with Tyler Breeze set for action. Adam Rose comes out wearing glasses and basically saying the WWE Universe shit on his gimmick, so now he's going to shit on the WWE Universe. It's unclear whether he is Breeze's scheduled opponent. It doesn't matter, because Bull Dempsey comes out and he's looking for revenge on Breeze. Rose gets in Dempsey's face, and Dempsey beats him down. Breeze attacks Dempsey, but Bull fights back and Breeze retreats. In the back, Breeze says he'll face Bull next week. This was kind of weird with how Adam Rose was interjected into this.

Tye Dillinger Vs Martin Stone: Quick, the Dillinger push is back on. I'm waiting for Stone to be anything other than a job guy.

Apollo Crews Vs Solomon Crowe: Crews continues to rack up the wins. They should just turn Crowe heel at this point. Or release him.

We see an escalade pull up in the back, and Sasha Banks gets out. 

Rhyno and Baron Corbin Vs Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano: Ciampa and Gargano have really annoying names to type. This is a decent match pitting the strength of Rhyno and Corbin against the skill of the other two. Lots of Johnny Wrestling chants, so the crowd is obviously familiar with Gargano at least. Corbin picks up the win for his team, and they advance to the semi-finals which will take place at the next Takeover.

The Vaudevillains are doing an interview in the back about the Dusty Rhodes Classic and are interrupted by Blake, Murphy and Alexa. Alexa says her boys are invoking their rematch clause next week.

Bayley Vs Sarah Dobson: Bayley is back at Full Sail and does a victory lap, including bringing Izzy into the ring with her to celebrate. I see now that Dobson is Sarah Logan. I don't think I would have noticed that without someone mentioning it before. Dobson gets quite a bit of offence in here before falling to Bayley. Bayley was going to cut a promo after the match, but Sasha hit the ring. Sasha says that Bayley earnt her respect, and tells her she was great at Takeover, but that was only one night, and she still isn't the Boss. She says she just has more to prove now, and doesn't just want to beat Bayley, but wants to beat her again and again. Crowd starts chanting 'iron woman'. They know what's up. William Regal comes out and says it's clear they have something special on their hands. He tells them that they will be the main event of the next Takeover show, Respect, and that they will compete in an iron man match. The crowd pops huge. Sasha and Bayley shake hands. This was a fire segment. Sasha cut a really good promo, putting over Bayley, but doubling down on her Boss persona. Regal was really good too. Bayley stumbled a bit, but her earnestness came through and it works for her. The only thing I didn't like was Sasha seemed to genuinely lose it at one point and get emotional when the fans were chanting 'match of the year' at them. I guess Sasha never could keep her real emotions in check, huh? #boobooface

We also get a promo for Asuka, saying she's coming next week. That was sudden. They're going hard with the Nia Jax vignettes too. Change is coming in the women's division.

Episode MVP: Definitely Sasha. She was great in that closing segment.It's funny. People say she can't promo, but I've found her promos to be quite strong in NXT when she's given a purpose.

• Thanks 1

9/23/15

Eva Marie Vs Carmella: So, it looks like they're making an angle out of Eva not kicking out against Billie Kay the other week, as they show a replay of it here. Then, during the match they do a similar spot where Carmella covers Eva, and the ref stops counting at 2 despite Eva not kicking out. In the confusion, Eva attacks Carmella on the floor and Carmella ends up getting counted out. A replay shows that, in fact, Eva got a foot on the ropes and it was a good call by the official. Not sure where they're going with this. Eva's beauty makes referee good at his job?

Tyler Breeze Vs Bull Dempsey: Bull is pretty over with the Full Sail crowd. I still don't like this angle, but good for him, I guess. It added a few months to his NXT career. Breeze gets a cheap victory here with his feet on the ropes. Breeze can't be much longer for this roster now. 

William Regal is in the ring, and welcomes Kana out to sign her NXT contract. Really weird seeing Asuka coming out in a business suit and heels and bouncing around like a giddy schoolgirl. She gets a good pop from the crowd. She signs her contract, but then Dana Brooke and Emma's legs march to the ring. They tell Asuka that they are in charge here, and that she may as well just leave. Asuka hangs her head and leaves the ring. She walks up the ramp as Dana and Emma laugh, but then stops on the stage and looks back with a smile on her face. Interesting approach to this, holding off on Asuka unleashing her fury. I'm looking forward to this.

A backstage bit with Breeze running into Apollo Crews in the back. Crews acts like a bit of a dick, refusing to get out of Breeze's way, and then says he's only messing around, and that they have a match at Takeover. 

We go to the Dusty Rhodes Classic control center, and see highlights as Dash and Dawson knock off the Vaudevillains at a live event to advance to Takeover.

The Vaudevillains Vs Blake and Murphy: Tag team title match. Alexa gets involved early on, and Blue Pants is in the house to chase her off! Yeah, Blue Pants! Decent match. Simon Gotch is a surprisingly good hot tag. The Vaudevillains retain with the Whirling Dervish. 

Episode MVP: Simon Gotch.

9/30/15

Finn Balor and Samoa Joe Vs Enzo and Big Cass: Dusty quarter final. Last week they cut promos for this match and Joe looked like he was going to be sick pretending that he was friends with Enzo and Cass. This is decent enough. Best when Joe and Cass are squaring off. Joe and Finn end up with the win. They advance to face Dash and Dawson at Takeover.

Apollo Crews Vs Johnny Gargano: Have they run out of lower card heel for Crews to beat already? His last two matches have been against other faces. This is okay. Gargano gets some shine before Apollo puts him away with his gorilla press/moonsault combo.

Regal is in his office with Dana Brooke and Emma. He tells Dana that she will be facing Asuka at Takeover. Dana laughs it off, but then Regal shows her some footage on his laptop, presumably of Asuka in action, which wipes the smile off Dana's face. I'd rather we get Emma/Asuka, but this isn't a bad way to debut Asuka.

Emma and Dana Brooke Vs Billie Kay and Peyton Royce: The first on-screen teaming for the future Iiconics. Pretty standard win for Emma and Dana.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable, who we were shown beating the Hype Bros in the Dusty Classic at a live event, are doing an interview in the back. They say that they are better than the other teams in the final four. The Revival happen to overhear this and the four of them start throwing insults at each other. I'm taking this as a soft face turn for Gable and Jordan, since 2 of the other 3 teams in the semi-finals are heels. 

Tyler Breeze Vs Tomasso Ciampa: This was set-up earlier when Breeze heard Gargano and Ciampa talking about how they consider Apollo Crews a friend of theirs. Back and forth match with Breeze prevailing, and debuting the Unprettier as his new finisher. That makes sense for him. Not sure about the commentators pretending they've never seen the move before though.

The show ends with a really good video package on the ironman match between Bayley and Sasha. Takeover is next week, and on paper, seems very much like a one match show. Well, I guess I have some interest in the Asuka debut. The Dusty Classic is a nice idea, but I don't think it's lead to any really compelling television. It's nice that they elevated the Revival out of it, expect that none of their matches were shown on TV. Crews/Breeze is the epitome of thrown together. Let's see if they can continue their streak of really good network specials.

Episode MVP: Tyler Breeze.

26 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Apollo Crews Vs Johnny Gargano: Have they run out of lower card heel for Crews to beat already? His last two matches have been against other faces. This is okay. Gargano gets some shine before Apollo puts him away with his gorilla press/moonsault combo.

I can see why they'd book this as they were in Evolve together and may have wrestled each other.  But from what I've seen of Apollo then he's good but best as a cocky sonofabitch.  I still would love for him to turn heel and really ramp up the cockiness.  I think at that point he'll achieve a good amount of success.

And Takeover Respect was largely a one-match show but hot damn was that a helluva match.  You're in for a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

NXT Takeover: Respect

Finn Balor and Samoa Joe Vs Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder: We're kicking off with the Dusty Classic semi-finals. Pretty good tag match. Joe and Balor both take a turn playing face-in-peril. Balor gets his leg worked over. Balor tags himself in for the finish, delivering a coup de grace to advance. Signs of dissension?

Rhyno and Baron Corbin Vs Jason Jordan and Chad Gable: This is maybe an even better match. Gable and Jordan are really good. I can't wait for a long Gable/Jordan Vs Dash/Dawson match. Rhyno and Corbin pick up the win after Corbin delivers End of Days to Gable.

Asuka Vs Dana Brooke: Emma is with Dana as always. Oh my God, Asuka mocks Dana's poses. A billion stars for that spot. This match is disappointing though. Dana gets way too much offence in. Asuka should have just run through her. And Asuka's offence didn't look all that good anyway for the most part. Asuka wins with the Asuka Lock, and then stares down Emma, who looks away in fear. 

Apollo Crews Vs Tyler Breeze: Decent match between these two. Very workrate-y but a good showcase for Crews. The fans are really into it. Crews wins with a powerbomb.

Samoa Joe and Finn Balor Vs Rhyno and Baron Corbin: The final of the Dusty Classic. Nice touch to have Brandi Rhodes on ring announcing duties for this one. Balor is still selling his leg from the earlier match. Corbin and Rhyno dominate a lot of the match, and Joe eats a Gore, but Balor breaks up the pin attempt. In the end the Muscle Buster/Coup de Grace combo seals the win for Joe and Balor. Cody and Dustin Rhodes, along with their sister, come in to present the trophy. Cody pays tribute to Dusty, and the crowd chants 'thank you Dusty'. Joe and Finn pose with the trophy. I was waiting for Joe to turn on Finn, but I guess that comes later. The tournament was fine, but that's all really.

Bayley Vs Sasha Banks: Here we go, the ironman match. I've actually seen this match a couple of times before, so I knew what I was getting here. Stephanie McMahon, Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Lita are watching from ringside. Great atmosphere for this before the bell even rings with the fans chanting 'women's wrestling' and 'you deserve this'. That hiptoss early on where Sasha lands on her neck was nasty. They're respectful early on, going for quick pinfalls, but this soon gets heated. Sasha with the eye rake for the cheap first pinfall, but Bayley gets her back with the Bayley-to-Belly. Then this kicks into another gear completely with Sasha attacking Bayley on the floor, and stealing Izzy's headband. Izzy crying while Sasha mocks her in the ring and Bayley gets counted out is just next level stuff. 5 star heeling from Sasha here. I don't know if this is better than the Brooklyn match. Brooklyn was awesome, but this has so many callbacks and such great storytelling that it's at least its equal. Stuff like Bayley attacking Sasha's hand like Sasha did to her in Brooklyn, and Sasha reversing the poison rana. Bayley countering Sasha's dive into a Bayley-to-Belly on the floor, and Sasha getting her foot on the ropes from the top rope B2B are also great moments. And the finish with Bayley gutting out the Banks Statement and countering it into a sub of her own, with Sasha tapping, was perfect. The whole NXT roster comes out onto the stage to applaud the two women, which I didn't so much mind this time as it's Sasha's NXT swansong so she doesn't have to come back and be a heel after this. Is that Sylvester LeFort on the stage? He's still there? Triple H gets in the ring to raise Bayley's hand while Sasha is being consoled/congratulated on the ramp by Steph and the other Horsewomen. Really good stuff all around.

Show rating: Well, it pretty much was a one-match show as I thought. The tag matches and Apollo/Breeze were all okay, but nothing memorable. And the Asuka match was disappointing. But that one match was pretty transcendentally great, perhaps the best match in NXT history to this point. I think that's enough to earn the show a 4-star rating.

Show MVP: Who else but Sasha Banks. Bayley is an awesome babyface in this match, but Sasha's heeling was proper next level stuff. Sasha's locked in as wrestler of the year at this point.

4 1/2 star match: Bayley Vs Sasha Banks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I was waiting for Joe to turn on Finn, but I guess that comes later.

I believe a lot of people were waiting for the turn to happen here and were surprised it didn't.  I think with it being the first Classic they wanted to play it straight and not do anything like that.  It all worked out for the best though I kind of wished an established team won.  But once they had Finn/Joe in it it was a mostly foregone conclusion.

10/14/15

We start with Bayley hitting the ring. She cuts a standard babyface promo about making history yada yada. She comes off well and the crowd responds to it, so all good. She is interrupted by Blake, Murphy and Alexa Bliss. Bliss does her disingenuous babyface act that she has gone back to time and again, congratulating Bayley before stealing the women's title. Bayley tries to get it back but Blake and Murphy block her path. Alexa says it's going to be that easy to take the belt off her, and then tosses it back to her and leaves. Pretty good segment to set Bliss up as the next challenger. Bliss, Blake and Murphy is a good heel act, and should work for a nice first defense for Bayley.

There's a backstage bit with Finn Balor and Samoa Joe celebrating their victory. Joe changes the mood by saying that he came to NXT to be champion and, since he's undefeated (is he? I guess he is, but it's quite sad how he doesn't really feel special any more), he thinks he deserves his shot. Balor agrees, but William Regal comes in and sees it differently. He says that there's going to be a battle royal to determine the new number one contender.

That battle royal is going to be tonight, and we get some cool little backstage promos from a number of the participants, old school Royal Rumble-stylie. Rhyno, strangely, has my favourite.

The Vaudevillains Vs Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins: None-title match. More good hot tag work from Simon Gotch. Short and sweet.

Nia Jax Vs Evie: Evie is Dakota Kai. Crowd is really into Nia. It looks like she's supposed to be a heel, but I'm not totally sure. She doesn't look great, but picks up the win quickly.

Number one contenders battle royal: This is a pretty good battle royal, but the most interesting thing about it to me was listening to the crowd, who were very vocal throughout. Big Johnny Wrestling chant early on, and Apollo Crews gets booed for throwing him out. Enzo is the next guy they latch onto, and he gets to eliminate both Dawson and Wilder at once, before being tossed by Tye Dillinger. After that the crowd is all in on Tyler Breeze, and we end up with a final four of Breeze, Joe, Apollo Crews and Baron Corbin. Joe takes out Breeze and gets booed for it, then Breeze illegally pulls Joe off the apron to eliminate him to 'thank you, Tyler' chants. So we come down to Crews and Corbin and the crowd is now very hot for Crews. This is all very surprising to me, as Crews is pretty bland and Corbin has, and I know how crazy this reads in the current climate, a cool heel vibe. Crews picks up the big win to earn a shot at Balor. I really didn't expect Crews to win this. For some reason I didn't think he ever got an NXT title match. I quite enjoyed that battle royal.

Episode MVP: Tyler Breeze.

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

NXT Takeover: Respect

Bayley Vs Sasha Banks: Here we go, the ironman match. I've actually seen this match a couple of times before, so I knew what I was getting here. Stephanie McMahon, Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Lita are watching from ringside. Great atmosphere for this before the bell even rings with the fans chanting 'women's wrestling' and 'you deserve this'. That hiptoss early on where Sasha lands on her neck was nasty. They're respectful early on, going for quick pinfalls, but this soon gets heated. Sasha with the eye rake for the cheap first pinfall, but Bayley gets her back with the Bayley-to-Belly. Then this kicks into another gear completely with Sasha attacking Bayley on the floor, and stealing Izzy's headband. Izzy crying while Sasha mocks her in the ring and Bayley gets counted out is just next level stuff. 5 star heeling from Sasha here. I don't know if this is better than the Brooklyn match. Brooklyn was awesome, but this has so many callbacks and such great storytelling that it's at least its equal. Stuff like Bayley attacking Sasha's hand like Sasha did to her in Brooklyn, and Sasha reversing the poison rana. Bayley countering Sasha's dive into a Bayley-to-Belly on the floor, and Sasha getting her foot on the ropes from the top rope B2B are also great moments. And the finish with Bayley gutting out the Banks Statement and countering it into a sub of her own, with Sasha tapping, was perfect. The whole NXT roster comes out onto the stage to applaud the two women, which I didn't so much mind this time as it's Sasha's NXT swansong so she doesn't have to come back and be a heel after this. Is that Sylvester LeFort on the stage? He's still there? Triple H gets in the ring to raise Bayley's hand while Sasha is being consoled/congratulated on the ramp by Steph and the other Horsewomen. Really good stuff all around.

Show MVP: Who else but Sasha Banks. Bayley is an awesome babyface in this match, but Sasha's heeling was proper next level stuff. Sasha's locked in as wrestler of the year at this point.

4 1/2 star match: Bayley Vs Sasha Banks. 

Looked forward to getting your take on the Iron Woman match between Bayley and Sasha Banks and you didn't disappoint. I've always been in the camp preferring that to the Brooklyn match for the use of the stipulation, Sasha Banks cheating, taunting Izzy and the callbacks to Brooklyn. Two of the best matches in the history of NXT and crucial to the change from Divas to Women's Wrestlers. Sasha Banks without question was the 2015 NXT Wrestler of the Year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10/21/15

Asuka Vs Billie Kay: This is a better showcase for Asuka. Kay looks good eating her offence. 

Enzo and Big Cass Vs Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder: Short match. Dash and Dawson work over Enzo but Enzo gets a win with a small package. After the match, Dash and Dawson lay out Enzo and Cass. 

We get a Tyler Breeze promo challenging Samoa Joe to a match, and then an Eva Marie promo from Paris, saying she's on vacation but hopes the fans don't forget about her. Her delivery is as wooden as ever.

James Storm Vs Danny Burch: Burch gets his own entrance, maybe for the first time. His opponent is unannounced, and the crowd pops big when Storm walks out. I know Storm was with NXT briefly, but didn't think he ever made it to TV. I'm not all that familiar with his work. Doesn't look too impressive here, but the fans are big-time into him and the commentators are putting this over as a huge deal. He wins with the '8 Second Ride', which looks like a terrible move.

We get a nice little video package on Apollo Crews, similar to the one they did on Finn Balor to build him up for his match with Kevin Owens. It's nice to learn a bit more about these guys. Part 2 will be next week.

Alexa Bliss Vs Peyton Royce: Peyton gets a nice reaction from the fans, but she's here to do the job and continue to build Alexa up for a match against Bayley. Solid enough.

Joe Vs Breeze is announced for next week.

Baron Corbin Vs Rhyno: This is based on Baron Corbin severing their union last week by eliminating Rhyno from the battle royal. This is pretty boring stuff, I found. Probably went too long. Corbin kicked out of a gore, and hit End of Days to win. I don't see much point in Rhyno being in NXT anymore.

Show ends with Joe cutting a good promo in the back on Tyler Breeze.

Episode MVP: Samoa Joe. That promo alone was the best thing on a pretty down week.

It seems really strange, after watching this stuff, that Bayley beat Sasha in March Madness this year. What is the reasoning behind that, do you think? Does Bayley pad her case with more good stuff before the year ends, whereas Sasha was a bit lost in the shuffle on the main roster? Even so, Sasha is comfortably ahead on NXT work in my opinion, and I rate Bayley's 2015 quite highly, so that's not me being dismissive of her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

It seems really strange, after watching this stuff, that Bayley beat Sasha in March Madness this year. What is the reasoning behind that, do you think? Does Bayley pad her case with more good stuff before the year ends, whereas Sasha was a bit lost in the shuffle on the main roster? Even so, Sasha is comfortably ahead on NXT work in my opinion, and I rate Bayley's 2015 quite highly, so that's not me being dismissive of her.

Yeah, Bayley beating Sasha Banks in the final of March Madness annoyed me as Daniel Bryan losing to Antonio Cesaro in the March Madness final did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I think it's what you said. Without spoiling anything Bayley was a great champion and Team B.A.D. wasn't given much to do which led to all the "WE WANT SASHA" chants during random women's matches.  Even so the poll on here was basically a tie in the finals.  

To answer @The Natural I still prefer the NXT Brooklyn match but it's close.  Some of the highspots were awesome and I love Sasha's limb work.  Her heeling in the Iron Man match is tremendous,  like I said it's close I just prefer the layout of the first match.  

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 2:35 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it's what you said. Without spoiling anything Bayley was a great champion and Team B.A.D. wasn't given much to do which led to all the "WE WANT SASHA" chants during random women's matches.  Even so the poll on here was basically a tie in the finals.  

To piggyback off this, I think it boiled down to a quality vs quantity argument, where Bayley’s run as champ put her over.