DVDVR Message Board

My NXT project

Yo-Yo's Roomie

I've seen maybe half a dozen NXT matches in my life. So, I thought for my next project I would go through all the TV and specials, starting from when it became the official developmental territory (since I have no interest in revisiting the reality show seasons). I'm looking forward to seeing the origins of some of the wrestlers I really love (such as Sasha, Rusev), and maybe getting a new perspective on some that I'm not too fond of (such as Alexa, Finn). And I will suffer through Seth Rollins. I wanna see the genesis of the Wyatt Family, why Paige is in important figure in the women's movement, and just how good the Revival actually are. 

I hope some of you will read along with me.

6/20/12

So this is the start of the new NXT, and we begin with Jim Ross coming out and introducing Dusty Rhodes as the interim GM. Dusty says it's going to be a great show and then Ross joins William Regal on commentary.

Bo Dallas Vs Rick Victor: So, Rick Victor is Victor from The Ascension, right? They talk about him training in the dungeon. This is a Bo Dallas showcase. He gets a big promo package building him up, and then a post-match interview. I don't know who told him it was a good idea to use a spear as a finisher. He's basically a white-meat babyface here, and I can see why that didn't work.

Next Damien Sandow comes out for a match with Jason Jordan (!), but deems Jordan unworthy competition. So he basically just cuts a promo and leaves. Young Jordan sighting is already making this project worthwhile. Kid looks jacked, but needs a haircut.

The Ascension Vs CJ Parker and Mike Dalton: Alright, this is a treasure trove. First of all, I had no idea there was an Ascension before there was THE Ascension. The gimmick would get tweaked a bit over time. Come to think of it, I don't really know what the Ascension gimmick is. Post-apocalyptic cyber punks? Anyway, I'm all over wiki for this one. So that's Connor (or Konor or whatever), teaming with Kenneth Cameron. Kenneth Cameron was married to Charlotte. Interesting. Kenneth Cameron is from my home county! That's insane. He lives in Chesterfield! I've never known any wrestler to come from Derbyshire before. I love this. Is Mike Dalton Tyler Breeze? Why, yes it is. And CJ Parker is Juice Robinson. Awesome stuff. This is an Ascension squash.

What else is going on? There's Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins hype videos. Something in the back with Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman. And now it's main event time.

Tyson Kidd Vs Michael McGillicutty: This main event is very Main Event, if you know what I mean. But that's okay, because I love watching Kidd work. This is a good match. They both work hard, and Kidd in particular, working as an exciting babyface, looks really good. Kidd picks up the submission win with the Dungeon Lock. 

Episode MVP: I have to give the nod to Kidd for his energetic all-action display. 

3 star match: Tyson Kidd Vs Michael McGillicutty

• Like 8

I very recently watched these early episodes for the first time as well and the main thing I took away was how great Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze were. I also felt kind of bad for Emma because she was called up way too quick and missed out on the big NXT women's boom, all so she could do stupid comedy skits with Santino.

• Like 1

6/27/12

Seth Rollins Vs Jiro: Hahaha, holy shit, what the fuck is Rollins doing when he comes out here? He's having some sort of seizure. Well played, Rollins. Here I was thinking your fucking dull ass was going to be a chore to sit through, but you actually made me pay attention to you. This is a total Rollins showcase. Jiro, I guess, is some guy named Taishi Takizawa. He was trained by TAKA, so I wonder if that's how he got in the door here. Rollins squashes him, and then gets a post-match interview, which is interrupted by JINDER MAHAL. NXT must work, because flash forward 6 years and Seth Vs Jinder is a WrestleMania calibre match.

Jinder Mahal Vs Jason Jordan: It's amazing how different Jinder looks here. A bit more natural, shall we say. I'm confused on the time line here though. This is before he was released? Yeah, it has to be because I know 3MB was around after this. Anyway, he cuts a promo about how he's going to mould NXT in his vision, and then squashes Jordan. And then basically cuts the same promo after the match.

Leo Kruger Vs Aiden English: I honestly don't know what I think about Leo Kruger yet. It's a very old school gimmick. This is Adam Rose for those who don't know, and the Kruger gimmick is basically he's a South African strongman/hunter/man's man type. And he actually is South African. Huh. I thought he was from Bermuda. He squashes English here.

The Ascension Vs The Usos: This is the same version of the Ascension as from last week, and here they're getting a real test. Except not really, as again this is pretty much a squash with the Ascension going over.

Richie Steamboat Vs Rick Victor: This is the longest match on the show at just over 4 mins. Ricky is in the crowd to watch his son. Richie is very bland both in appearance and wrestling style. In his promo package before the match he says he wants to beat his own path, then he proceeds to spend the whole match doing armdrags and working the arm. I remember people being pretty high on him. I'm not going to judge him just off this obviously.

Antonio Cesaro Vs Dante Dash: I can't find anything on this Dash character. He must not have done much else. Cesaro, who has Aksana by his side, murders him.

Derrick Bateman Vs Johnny Curtis: So this main event ends up going less than 4 mins. I don't mind squash matches, or short matches in general, but maybe putting 7 matches on a 45 minute show is not the best idea. Pretty whatever match with Bateman going over.

Episode MVP: Cesaro probably looked the best here, which is no surprise because he is the best.

7/4/12

Sofia Cortez Vs Paige: Cortez is Ivelisse. I've never seen her wrestle before this, but heard the name. She goes over in a short match, notable for how physical both girls work. It's so jarring now to hear the women referred to as divas. The best move WWE ever made towards making their women's division respectable was getting rid of that stupid name. I could go for watching these in the longer match.

Seth Rollins Vs Camacho: You have motherfucking Haku's son, and you package him as a bicycle-riding Mexican henchman? Oh, WWE. Amazing story from Regal explaining the friendship between Hunico and Camacho. Apparently, Hunico got jumped by a gang of thugs in the barrio, and Camacho came along and bit one of their noses off. Imagine it in Regal's voice. Rollins picks up the win, but gets jumped by Hunico. Bo Dallas comes out to make the save.

Jake Carter and Corey Graves Vs Nick Rogers and CJ Parker: Carter is Vader's son. You would never guess. Weird hearing Saxton on commentary bigging up Corey Graves. This is my first time seeing Graves wrestle. I hope his wrestling is better than his commentary. Nick Rogers doesn't seem to have amounted to anything. Squash match for the Graves/Carter team. Not much to go on here.

Kassius Ohno Vs Mike Dalton: This is a good squash, relatively speaking. Dalton/Breeze gets to show off a bit of flashy offence, before Ohno finishes him off with the elbow strike. Ohno gets a bit of promo time after the match too.

Jinder Mahal Vs Derrick Bateman: Some back and forth action before Jinder picks up the submission win. Bateman can't be around for much longer.

Michael McGillicutty, Hunico and Camacho Vs Tyson Kidd, Seth Rollins and Bo Dallas: So this match was made in the aftermath of the Rollins/Camacho match earlier. Pretty fun 6-man. Kidd is awesome again, in an all too brief appearance. I like McGillicutty too actually. JR seems fixated on Hunico wearing a bandanna to wrestle in for some reason. McGillicutty steals the win for his team after hitting the McGillicutter on Kidd. WWE's handling of second generation talent is, on the whole, embarrassing.

There was also a really good Bray Wyatt video, with the promise that he arrives to NXT next week. Can't wait.

Episode MVP: Ohno had a good debut win, and looked impressive.

7/11/12

Camacho Vs Tyson Kidd: Anytime Kidd gets a longish match, you know he's going to deliver. This is probably the best Camacho ever looked. McGillicutty with the run-in to assist Camacho get the win. The McGillicutty/Kidd feud continues, and I'm okay with that.

Bray Wyatt Vs Aiden English: Wyatt comes out cutting a promo. It's not quite the finished article, but they've got something here you know. The fans are already into Wyatt. I wonder what a Wyatt Vs English match would look like now. Good squash win for Bray. I love the spot where he dances with his opponent. So weird and creepy. Can't wait for the family to show up.

The Usos Vs The Prime Time Players: They were all over the shop with the structure of these shows. One week you get 7 squashes, and then this week you only have three matches. I like the PTP. And the Usos for that matter. Solid match, with the PTP picking up the win.

Episode MVP: Gotta be my boy Kidd again. I'm loving him being a focal point of the show.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

7/11/12

Bray Wyatt Vs Aiden English: Wyatt comes out cutting a promo. It's not quite the finished article, but they've got something here you know. The fans are already into Wyatt. I wonder what a Wyatt Vs English match would look like now. Good squash win for Bray. I love the spot where he dances with his opponent. So weird and creepy. Can't wait for the family to show up.

How much (if any) do you want spoiled? There is something really awesome connected to this later on. Not a major plot point or anything but a really great coincidence.

7/18/12

Tamina Snuka Vs Kaitlyn: Both of these strike me as girls who should have spent a lot more time in developmental, but I don't know how much they were going to learn competing against one another. At any rate, it doesn't make for a very good match. Tamina picks up the win.

Jinder Mahal Vs Percy Watson: I wonder why Percy didn't make it any further. The guy has a lot of charisma and a decent look. He doesn't look terrible in the ring either. I've seen way worse get pushed anyway. Still can't get over how different Jinder looks here. Competitive squash win for Jinder.

Leo Kruger Vs Richie Steamboat: Kruger is the type of guy you would have seen in 93 WCW. I can just see him going at it with Charlie Norris. Richie is a good looking guy. Making me reconsider what I thought were some fundamental truths about myself. He plays a nice fiery babyface here, but Kruger steals the win with his feet on the ropes. I could go for these two wrestling again.

Raquel Diaz Vs Paige: So Raquel Diaz is Shaul Guerrero. I don't want to go on about it, because god knows there's plenty of opportunity, but I can't get over how stupid it is when they rename these second or third generation guys, but still acknowledge their lineage. So Diaz's thing is that she's in NXT to rid it of ugliness. She calls it the Exfoliating Ugliness Tour, which is neat. The gimmick does feel like a fresh take on a pretty standard gimmick. She comes across quite forced with her character and promo work though. In-ring, she looks competent. Quite aggressive. Paige matches her in that department, of course. Short match with Diaz going over. I look forward to seeing her develop. 

Justin Gabriel Vs Heath Slater: I didn't sign up for this. I like Heath as much as the next man, but this is a match I've seen a bunch of times, and never cared about it. As it is, this is decent. Slater very dominant working over the neck, but Gabriel pulls out the win.

There was also a promo video for Big E. Langston (cool), and they set up next weeks main event of Antonio Cesaro Vs Alex Riley.

Episode MVP: I guess Heath...

7/25/12

Johnny Curtis and Michael McGillicutty Vs Derrick Bateman and Bo Dallas: Regal is hyping this heel team up as having the potential to be the greatest team in WWE history. I mean, I guess there's still time... Pretty basic, short match. It seems like they've put Dallas on the backburner a bit since his debut. Curtis and McGillicutty get the win.

Antonio Cesaro Vs Alex Riley: I expected this to be a bit more competitive, but Cesaro is pretty dominant here. As he should be. He still needs a distraction from Aksana to pick up the win, but it's mostly one way traffic. Not a great showcase for Cesaro really.

Sofia Cortez Vs Natalya: Cortez comes out as a spunky, happy-go-lucky babyface. I could have sworn she worked heel against Paige. Regal is very impressed, and laments the fact that he can never get a girl like Cortez, and only gets scrubbers. Oh, William. Very odd finish with Natalya getting herself deliberately counted out, but then attacking and beating down Cortez after the match. The commentators seem confused by that one too.

The Ascension Vs Dante Dash and Garrett Dylan: So Garrett Dylan is Kris Kristofferson's kid. He doesn't get to do much of anything here, as The Ascension squash Dash. The Ascension keep on ticking along.

Drew McIntyre Vs Seth Rollins: This is a pretty good match. Drew Mac is always good, and Seth holds up his end of the bargain just fine here. I was surprised to see Drew go over, since Seth seems to be the guy they're pushing the most in the territory. But I ain't complaining.

Kassius Ohno got some promo time in the back. He sounds a bit too nice to really be convincing as a killer. But maybe that will actually help the gimmick going forward. There was also another video package for Big E. Langston, who is debuting on next week's show.

Episode MVP: Drew McIntyre continues the trend of every MVP being an already established talent, with his strong heel performance in the main event.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:47 PM, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The Ascension Vs CJ Parker and Mike Dalton: Alright, this is a treasure trove. First of all, I had no idea there was an Ascension before there was THE Ascension. The gimmick would get tweaked a bit over time. Come to think of it, I don't really know what the Ascension gimmick is. Post-apocalyptic cyber punks? Anyway, I'm all over wiki for this one. So that's Connor (or Konor or whatever), teaming with Kenneth Cameron. Kenneth Cameron was married to Charlotte. Interesting. Kenneth Cameron is from my home county! That's insane. He lives in Chesterfield! I've never known any wrestler to come from Derbyshire before. I love this. Is Mike Dalton Tyler Breeze? Why, yes it is. And CJ Parker is Juice Robinson. Awesome stuff. This is an Ascension squash.

I almost feel bad telling you that Kenneth Cameron went on to become Bram. No-one deserves to becomes Bram.

Loving this thread BTW, the early days of NXT are a fascinating period.

• Like 2

8/1/12

Okay, here we go. Dusty Rhodes announces the Gold Rush tournament to crown the first NXT champion. Wait, where's Tyson Kidd? You have a place for Justin Gabriel, but not the NXT MVP? That's weak, Dream.

Richie Steamboat Vs Leo Kruger: Here's our first tournament match. Richie, oh my. I do declare. This is a pretty good match between these two. I'm on board with Richie now. He's a very solid babyface worker. Richie picks up the win to advance in the tournament.

Big E. Langston Vs Adam Mercer: Very impressive debut for Langston. Mercer didn't do anything after this. Power and intensity from Big E, and he picks up the win in a squash.

Raquel Diaz Vs Audrey Marie: Okay, Diaz's gesticulations during her entrance are ridiculous. I don't know who looks more foolish out of her and Rollins. A 'you can't wrestle' chant after a slight miscommunication in the corner. That's the first time I've heard this crowd turn on the workers. Another squash win for Diaz after a Gory Bomb. Paige is seen watching in the back, and she doesn't look happy.

Jason Jordan and Mike Dalton Vs Hunico and Camacho: Jordan and Dalton pick up what is presented as a huge upset win. I'm ready for Dalton to be more featured.

Seth Rollins Vs Drew McIntyre: A rematch from last week and also a tournament match. Rollins picks up the win this time, with a callback to the finish of the last match. This is even better than that last match. Rollins looks very solid here, and again Drew is awesome. 

Episode MVP: A couple of contenders this week, as the wrestling was of a pretty high quality. I'm gonna go for Big E though, who looked like a player from the off.

3 star match: Seth Rollins Vs Drew McIntyre

• Like 1

8/8/12

Michael McGillicutty Vs Justin Gabriel: Continuing with the Gold Rush tournament. Pretty basic, but solid enough match here with McGillicutty going over to advance to the semi-finals.

Kassius Ohno Vs CJ Parker: Parker gets a little bit of offence to show what he can do, but this is more of a competitive squash win for Ohno. He performs well, I just have a hard time buying him as this violent killer character that he's portraying.

Paige and Tamina Snuka Vs Kaitlyn and Caylee Turner: So, Caylee Turner is Alicia Fox's sister. I guess she got released a week after this match aired. I'm not surprised. This is by far the worst match I've seen for this project so far, and probably one of the worst matches I've ever seen. Paige seems to be building up quite a following. Tamina as a happy, smiling babyface doesn't work. I'm not sure if Kaitlyn and Turner are supposed to be heels or not. Paige picks up the win.

A bit in the back shows Derrick Bateman congratulating Bo Dallas on making it into the Gold Rush tournament, whereas he, Bateman, did not. It looks like it's to set up a heel turn for Bateman, but who knows.

Jinder Mahal Vs Bo Dallas: Regal says he remembers when Jinder Mahal was born. I love Regal- I think sometimes he just starts saying stuff and has no idea how he's going to finish. Lots of talk between Regal and JR about Dara Singh and Gama Singh. I'm sure Saxton had no clue what they were on about. Not a particularly good match. You can feel already the crowd just starting to see through Dallas's white meat babyface act a bit. Mahal wins clean with the camel clutch which surprised me a bit.

Episode MVP: Not a very good show this week. I'll give this award to the steady Eddie of the brand, Michael McGillicutty.

8/15/12

Jinder Mahal Vs Richie Steamboat: The first semi-final in the Gold Rush tournament. This wasn't given a lot of time, and wasn't particularly good. Came off like a routine win for Jinder.

Scotty 2 Hotty Vs Heath Slater: Get this Raw-level bullshit off my TV. This was obviously during the time Slater was wrestling the 'legends' on Raw, and he came out here to make an open challenge which was answered by Scotty. Scotty wins with the worm.

The Usos Vs The Ascension: The Ascension end up getting DQ'ed after a short match for, I'm not sure what exactly. Seemed like a standard interference spot. Anyway, one of the Usos gets wiped out on the outside, leaving the other one to get a 2 on 1 beatdown.

They show a video from last week of Bo Dallas reacting to his defeat by Jinder. Bateman again interjects, acts a bit heelish, but says if he wins the NXT title, Bo will get his shot. 

Raquel Diaz cuts a promo in the back while looking in a mirror. There's also a bit with Leo Kruger being interviewed, and he says that something has been bothering him. Then he takes his own tooth out. I have no idea what is going on here. The guy doing the interviews is Briley Pierce, Dolph Ziggler's brother.

Seth Rollins Vs Michael McGillicutty: Another basic match with Rollins going over to make the final of the tournament. Jinder Mahal comes out and the two get into an altercation to set up their final match.

Episode MVP: Another weak show. I guess we'll call Rollins the MVP this week. He's been working hard and getting over.

8/22/12

Antonio Cesaro Vs Derrick Bateman: Decent match, routine win for Cesaro. Regal is gushing over Cesaro on commentary.

Tamina Snuka Vs Sofia Cortez: Okay, I know I'm not going crazy. Cortez was definitely a bubbly babyface last time out. Now she's back to being a bitchy heel. She gets a little bit of offence, but jobs pretty quickly. It's a shame, because Cortez looks promising. Raquel Diaz attacks Tamina after the match and paints an L on her head with lipstick.

Kassius Ohno Vs Jake Carter: So, I guess the Graves/Carter team is no more. Carter is a generic babyface here who doesn't even get an entrance. Standard win for Ohno, who continues the assault after the match which brings out Richie Steamboat for the save. I'm down for Steamboat/Ohno.

Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel Vs Johnny Curtis and Michael McGillicutty: Yes, Kidd is back, and looking good here. Decent tag match actually with all four guys playing their part well. Kidd in on the hot tag and he slips while going for a springboard moonsult. That could have been bad, but he recovers well and the babyfaces take the match.

Byron Saxton brings out Rollins and Mahal for a face-off before their NXT title match next week. Rollins cuts a decent promo about how much winning the belt would mean to him. Jinder responds with a generic heel promo and then attacks Seth. Seth turns the tables and hits a dive, and then they are separated by officials. And that's your show.

Episode MVP: My boy, Tyson. Good to see him back.

8/29/12

Hunico and Camacho Vs Mike Dalton and Jason Jordan: Rematch from a few weeks back when the rookies pulled off the upset. Dalton is really looking good in these early shows. It's interesting seeing him work this flashy babyface style when I usually associate him with comedy stuff. Jordan is taking a backseat in these matches. Hunico and Camacho avenge their defeat.

The Usos call out the Ascension, but get jumped from behind. The Ascension lay them to waste.

Big E. Langston Vs Chase Donovan: Total squash for Big E. Donovan was released shortly after this.

Seth Rollins Vs Jinder Mahal: Here we go, it's time to crown the first NXT champion. They're doing their best to make this seem like a huge deal. There's been video packages of various wrestlers giving their predictions, and the whole NXT roster is standing on the ramp to watch. Love Raquel Diaz's reaction to Rollins's ceremonial pre-match spasm attack. Yes, the Fink (!) on ring intro duty. Still the best. And Dusty is out too. The match is surprisingly decent, with Jinder working over Rollins's back for the majority of it. Classic Rollins as he brushes that off to hit the turnbuckle bomb on Mahal to lead into the finish, but that was the only really egregious bit of no-selling from him. Big celebration from Rollins in the crowd with the fans as we go off the air.

Episode MVP: I have to go with Rollins. He's actually surprised me here in NXT, and seems a good fit for this atmosphere. And he's the champ, so you've gotta give it up for him.

3 star match: Seth Rollins Vs Jinder Mahal.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Raquel Diaz Vs Paige: So Raquel Diaz is Shaul Guerrero. I don't want to go on about it, because god knows there's plenty of opportunity, but I can't get over how stupid it is when they rename these second or third generation guys, but still acknowledge their lineage.

That reminds me of something in OVW that always amused me.  When Sylvester Terkay was working there as the Collector, he was billed as being from Parts Unknown.  At the same time, on commentary Cornette would freely refer to Terkay's legit NCAA credentials.

So I guess it's a developmental thing.

• Like 1

9/5/12

Richie Steamboat Vs Kassius Ohno: A good couple of minutes of action before Ohno is DQ'ed for repeatedly raking the eyes of Steamboat. Ohno beats down Steamboat after the bell with a big boot and roaring elbow to the back of the head. The refs pull him away, and then Ricky Steamboat comes out to check on his boy. Really good angle that continues with Ricky confronting Ohno in the back: "what are you gonna do? Armdrag me?" They shove each other and officials intervene. Okay, now I want to see the older Steamboat against Ohno. This is probably the best angle they've run on NXT so far.

Paige Vs Audrey Marie: Paige chants from the crowd. Regal is very taken with Paige, and corrects Byron on how to pronounce Norwich. Another very physical match from the girls, short, with Paige winning. It's noticeable how much more the NXT girls seem to lay their stuff in.

Leo Kruger Vs Percy Watson: Kruger has sinister new music and a sinister new look, wrestling now in militia-type combat trousers. He's foregone some of the more campy elements of the character. Regal says that Kruger was 'politely asked to leave South Africa by the great Nelson Mandela'. Percy gets a barrage in, but Kruger puts him away.

Brodus Clay Vs Ryan Collins: Collins also wrestled in NXT as Brandon Traven, but didn't last long. Fuck Brodus Clay. Squash match for Clay.

The Ascension Vs The Usos: These two teams get a decent amount of time, and have a pretty decent little match. Certainly the best Ascension match so far. And the Ascension go over again, keeping them looking very strong.

The show ends with JR interviewing Rollins in the ring about being champion. Nothing really interesting here.

Episode MVP: Kassius Ohno for his performance in the Steamboat angle.

• Like 1

9/12/12

Jey Uso Vs Kenneth Cameron: Finally the Usos get one over the Ascension, in this singles match. Connor got involved, but ended up being neutralised by Jimmy. Maybe I'm imagining it, but it looked like Cameron was angry at Connor after the bell. The Usos celebrate in the crowd.

They do a bit in the back with Rick Victor asking Dusty Rhodes for a shot at Seth Rollins. I have no idea why they're thrusting Victor into this spot, when all I remember him doing was jobbing on the opening show. Is that Rob Naylor with Dusty? So Dusty says Victor needs to earn his shot, which leads us to him later interrupting an interview with Rollins and slapping him across the face. Rollins then goes to Dusty and demands a match with Victor, and that's how we get our main event for next week.

Big E. Langston Vs Chad Baxter: I can't find anything on Baxter. Big E is looking awesome. So intense. He plows through Baxter and then gives him a second Big Ending after the match as the fans chant 'one more time'. He counts his own 5 count and then tells us that from now on he wants all his matches to be decided by 5 counts. He then gives poor Baxter another Big Ending. Really strong stuff. On a side note, I used to think the weight in his entrance video was a roll of toilet paper.

There's a video package for Trent Barretta, who I guess is returning to the ring on NXT next week.

Damien Sandow Vs Garrett Dylan: Another outing for Kristofferson Jr. He seems to be playing a classic Texas good ol' boy-type character. He does a pretty quick job to Sandow, who I maintain was a very good talent squandered by the petty WWE. I wonder why they didn't play up Dylan's heritage at all. I mean, I know Kris Kristofferson isn't some hot celeb in 2012, but I still think it's pretty cool and something you might bring up.

Michael McGillicutty Vs Tyson Kidd: Another showdown between these two, with this time the winner getting a shot at Seth Rollins's belt. Well, I think that's the case. I thought they said it was a straight number one contender's match, but they seemed to get more vague about it as the match went on. Regardless, this is a really good match, the best match of NXT so far. The story is the speed of Kidd against the strength and aggression of McGillicutty, and they get that across very well. What I like is that they don't do a lot of flashy stuff, but the stuff they do do, they really let sink in and mean something. McGillicutty picks up the win with the neckbreaker. 

Episode MVP: Since the main event was by far the best thing on the show (though Big E. put in a strong showing), I'm going to give the nod to McGillicutty this time. Very good performance from him.

3 1/4 star match: Michael McGillicutty Vs Tyson Kidd.