DVDVR Message Board

Babyfaces who are incapable of being heels

cwoy2j

On 9/10/2018 at 11:01 PM, J.T. said:

Tommy Dreamer is the Hardcore version of Ricky Steamboat.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:44 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dreamer was a scumbag. He bullies the introverted genius suffering from a host of mental disorders at summer camp, rejects the fat girl that liked him at the same summer camp, and knocks her up once she becomes hot. Yeah, fuck Tommy Dreamer.

like he was saying...

?

4 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

The constant murdering of cats with razor blades and the Claw were pretty big red herrings though.

Good point. I forgot about that. I'll go with Kerry being too stupid to pull off being a heel on camera, but a giant piece of shit off camera.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I thought Fritz was the one who allegedly killed a cat with the Iron Claw.

There was also a story in the sleaze thread that Kerry killed a cat behind the Sportatorium throwing a saw blade at it from a far distance. He was able to since he was standout discus thrower at the University of Houston.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happjack said:

There’s video from Florida of David and Kerry doing heel interviews and promos on YouTube, both are rocking sweet roach clips in their hair.

Kerry and Fritz doing a Todd and Marv Marinovich type gimmick would have drawn heat in a lot of territories. 

Yeah, Kerry's schmuck charisma really shined through on that stuff. I think @Rev Ray said they could spend their promos talking about all the poon they were getting and that would be automatic heel heat.

Ricky Steamboat's name often comes up in these threads along with "never worked heel", I maintain that with a sinister Vandyke beard and wrestling under his real name (Richard Blood), Steamer could've been a fantastic heel.  

Just food for thought, if you're going to be a pro wrestler and your real name is "Richard Blood" or "Roderick Toombs", wtf would you change it? Can you imagine a heel team of "Blood & Toombs"?

• Like 1

Steamboat is a guy that never tried to be a heel, not that was incapable of being one, and I think that's a big difference for this thread. It reminds me of a couple years ago when people said Bayley could never be a heel. In both cases, there were some potential heelish directions that could be taken with their characters that were just never explored. And, particularly in Steamboat's case, there is enough talent that it shouldn't be assumed they can't do it without seeing it tried.

Rey Mysterio actually tried to be a heel for a few months, and it was well below his talent level at the time. He would be my front runner here.

8 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Steamboat is a guy that never tried to be a heel, not that was incapable of being one, and I think that's a big difference for this thread. It reminds me of a couple years ago when people said Bayley could never be a heel. In both cases, there were some potential heelish directions that could be taken with their characters that were just never explored. And, particularly in Steamboat's case, there is enough talent that it shouldn't be assumed they can't do it without seeing it tried.

Rey Mysterio actually tried to be a heel for a few months, and it was well below his talent level at the time. He would be my front runner here.

#devilhorns