DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

53 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

People seem ornery or more so than usual anyway. September is the worst month of the year so that's my theory. 

It's the holidays being right around the corner. Once November 1st hits, I get really miserable. Even my birthday being between Thanksgiving and Christmas doesn't do anything for me anymore. It was great when I was a kid, though.

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Kotto Brazil out of nowhere:

Reveal hidden contents

Apropos of nothing, I watched that match and I was trying to figure out why Rich Swann changed his name to Kotto Brazil.

9SObEXq.gif

Okay - I have never seen this version where Sabu just says fuck the top rope and it looks like a 1000 times greater.

I mean it clearly sucked for his hip, leg, back and let alone Spike Dudley

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

9SObEXq.gif

Okay - I have never seen this version where Sabu just says fuck the top rope and it looks like a 1000 times greater.

I mean it clearly sucked for his hip, leg, back and let alone Spike Dudley

Are we assuming that him not stepping on the top rope isn't a botch? Because honestly I am 50/50 on that.

• Like 1

That's half the fun of watching Sabu; trying to figure out what is a botch and what isn't. Sometimes I'm pretty sure that even Sabu didn't know (or care) about the difference. God bless that crazy mofo.

• Like 3

Victor Zangiev's beautiful throw on Buzz Sawyer:

Spoiler

3dyoZ6C.gif

Not exactly Scott Steiner throwing around the Giant, but Salman Hashimikov carrying Crusher Bam Bam Bigelow around before slamming him is quite amazing:

Spoiler

U7ey7ZE.gif

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

Victor Zangiev's beautiful throw on Buzz Sawyer:

Reveal hidden contents

3dyoZ6C.gif

Not exactly Scott Steiner throwing around the Giant, but Salman Hashimikov carrying Crusher Bam Bam Bigelow around before slamming him is quite amazing:

Reveal hidden contents

U7ey7ZE.gif

Goddamn. I really need to sit down some afternoon and watch that first Tokyo Dome show in NJPW World. I have watched the Hashimikov/Bam Bam match a dozen times but nothing else on that show.