DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

22 hours ago, supremebve said:

I didn't know I needed a double underhook brainbuster in my life, but now that it's here...

Davey Richards used one as a finisher for years. It never looked any good cause he wasn't trying to kill the person usually.

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

2f497516583f9fae-600x400.gif

Braun Strowman levelled up from this to the running powerslam. Do miss the lifting arm triangle choke though.

The Amaze Impact. as it was known when Morishima did it, is quite difficult to make look any good. Most of the roster aren't going to make it look as good as Ellsworth did. Imagine him doing it to Roman. Yeah...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Davey Richards used one as a finisher for years. It never looked any good cause he wasn't trying to kill the person usually.

I'm going to go ahead and say that I've seen maybe 2 Davey Richards matches and decided I didn't need to watch any more Benoit cosplaying, so I've never actually seen this.  

• Like 1

Maybe he didn't realize that Backlund is freaky strong and didn't think he'd get him high enough to drop him on his damn head, idk. It looks sweet though and if there is a safe way to do it and make it look good someone should steal it, someone who is not Davey Richards.

Here's a spot I don't think I've ever seen before -- Ashura Hara backflip Samoan suplex:

Spoiler

kIhFpu5.gif

Chavo Guerrero with the 1980's Package Piledriver:

Spoiler

CCYT2Hb.gif

Flying briefcase:

Spoiler

ziVkSJ9.gif

Tiger Mask vs. Villano III:

Spoiler

9P4mGGC.gif

I wanna say I've seen someone, perhaps in DGate using that Vertical Samoan Drop, but fucked their neck up so bad it retired them so it's not used that much,  It's why I cringe when Dream does his Cartwheel DVD or whatever he calls it since you can't list moves on Wiki anymore.

What sets that rana counter apart is that EZ Money and Kash totally make it look like Money was actually trying to hit the superbomb rather than setting Kash too high and making the counter obvious.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, supremebve said:

I'm going to go ahead and say that I've seen maybe 2 Davey Richards matches and decided I didn't need to watch any more Benoit cosplaying, so I've never actually seen this.  

On 9/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, Sublime said:

Maybe he didn't realize that Backlund is freaky strong and didn't think he'd get him high enough to drop him on his damn head, idk. It looks sweet though and if there is a safe way to do it and make it look good someone should steal it, someone who is not Davey Richards.

Still shitting on Davey Richards? Talk about lame, outdated gimmicks. The guy is semi-retired.

Gran Hamada, ladies and gents:

Spoiler

TpYCkDi.gif

There's that Joey Ryan spot Jim Cornette hates and then there's Roland Bock making the ref bump over the top rope with his neck/head strength?:

Spoiler

2L62M2S.gif

This spot looks like it's straight out of 1960's Batman:

Spoiler

IdHPPbA.gif

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Still shitting on Davey Richards? Talk about lame, outdated gimmicks. The guy is semi-retired.

A) Semi-retired or not, Richards still sucks;

B) Not sure you're the right person to complain about someone making outdated references...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

A) Semi-retired or not, Richards still sucks;

B) Not sure you're the right person to complain about someone making outdated references...

Seinfeld is still relatable because of WWE's out of touch owner. It's not my fault that WWE is also very much a show about nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1