DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, Victator said:

Its my OCD nature, but Jeff Jones FBI shirt poking out is driving me crazy. 

This FBI were a great team. Maybe the best in ECW history.  They were great at comedy schtick but could also turn into killers on a dime and it worked. 

I'd put Tajiri, Mikey, and the Sinister Minister ahead of the FBI, but the FBI were great, especially Guido and Tony Mamaluke.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Victator said:

I like Mikey and Tajiri, but they never produced matches outside of the feud with the FBI. Another thing is I thought it was a waste of Tajiri, who should have been ECW champion. 

Yes, he should have.

BTW Vic, I still think you should have called him "The Innspectre" and had him hanging out at sleazy motels scaring the meth-heads. This shit just writes itself...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victator said:

I like Mikey and Tajiri, but they never produced matches outside of the feud with the FBI. Another thing is I thought it was a waste of Tajiri, who should have been ECW champion. 

I really liked their match against Super Crazy and Kid Kash @ Massacre on 34th St. in 2000. Plus, the finals of the tag tournament against Simon & Swinger and Tommy Dreamer & Jerry Lynn.

Yes, Tajiri should have been champion, but that's on Paul E. ECW's booking was pretty much a mess at the end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, Tajiri should have been champion, but that's on Paul E. ECW's booking was pretty much a mess at the end.

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

21 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

That is Scott Taylor front left, correct? That dude looks just like Walton Goggins. What a trip.

Thank you for this. I could not figure out who this was and kept wondering if Walt Goggins had some sort of secret wrestling career I was unaware of.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 12:35 PM, The Natural said:

42138746_10156834982478000_2047139012803

Anyone saying who or who isn't a real fan can go fuck themselves, even if he is Dustin Rhodes. Who is he to say what makes a real fan? If you have no expectations, why the fuck are you going to a show in the first place? I'm not going to go in with no expectations and be entertained by something that sucks because I'm supposed to. That honestly just sounds like an excuse for WWE's booking. You know how I avoid disappointment and expectations not met? I don't go to WWE main roster shows. Adam Pearce's ROH shows were a disappointment coming off Gabe's run, so I stopped going. If I have to be worried about being disappointed, I'm not going or I'm not going to order the show. 

Given that a lot of people that go are families and don't know/care about most of the people I can definitely see Dustin referring to them in that statement.  But there's something about knowing your audience and knowing what works.  Some are willing to suspend disbelief that there's reptile tribes and people being brought back to life (Lucha Underground)  Others want a no-nonsense approach and just want 4/5 star classics without needing much story.  All he had to do was take out the "no expectations" part and I would be cool with his response.  But as it is it just feels off.  I will admit though that there's a lot of self-entitled crazies though thankfully it doesn't happen much here.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone saying who or who isn't a real fan can go fuck themselves, even if he is Dustin Rhodes. Who is he to say what makes a real fan? If you have no expectations, why the fuck are you going to a show in the first place? I'm not going to go in with no expectations and be entertained by something that sucks because I'm supposed to. That honestly just sounds like an excuse for WWE's booking. You know how I avoid disappointment and expectations not met? I don't go to WWE main roster shows. Adam Pearce's ROH shows were a disappointment coming off Gabe's run, so I stopped going. If I have to be worried about being disappointed, I'm not going or I'm not going to order the show. 

Read it in Dusty’s voice by the time you get to the booking part it’s perfect. 

On 9/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really feel like it's Dustin trying to be a "good employee" and shift the blame from WWE's booking onto the fans.

I preferred Cody's tweet.

https://www.thesportster.com/news/cody-rhodes-defends-annoying-crowds/

I think both are catering to their respective audience. Cody to those who are annoying, entitled crowds since those are enabling careers outside of WWE these days. Dustin to WWE Management because it enables careers inside WWE.

Both make points about audiences and their treatment respectively which are good. Imo, WWE these days almost always shows a huge disconnect to their fanbase, but wrestlers in general seem to have lost the ability to generate real emotions or "manipulate" crowds in general. Crowds don't get worked the way they used to, but there seem to be lots of fans who try to be too cool for "wrasslin". If I bring a beachball to a Show, there is a decent chance I don't give a f*** about certain aspects of it. I wouldn't say those guys aren't wrestling fans by default, though. They subtract from the presentation in my opinion, and I really don't get their motivations a lot of the time. 

• Like 3