Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Martinez will run into the same problem Killer Kross would run into in the 'E. Now, he's in a promotion where he won't look so imposing, whereas in ROH he was their monster. Martinez has a lot tattoos, just like Aleister Black, Corbin, and Bray. You think he's going to get to keep his Undertaker-like look? The magic 8-ball says outlook not so good. I figure he'll be in the performance center group for a while, like Donovan Dijak. 

I don’t think he’ll do particularly well in the system. But the implication that this is ROH being targeted because of MSG is hilarious. Martínez is exactly the kind of guy WWE is known to bring into the fold. That’s what I was arguing originally.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The notion that ROH is in trouble because fucking Punishment Martinez left is really funny.

It was never the beginning of the end when Bryan, Punk, Steen, etc. left, but it might be because Punishment left?

He always seemed like a better Baron Corbin to me.

People that knock ROH are always going to find some reason even if it's Punishment Martinez leaving. As if this will lead to a mass exodus with Omega, the Bucks, and Cody all leaving and fucking ROH & New Japan before MSG. I would certainly hope they get the four to sign short term deals that guarantee they'll be there for MSG. I personally don't think any of them are leaving anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twiztor said:

i've always assumed it was one of those vague ideas mentioned as a possibility, but nowhere near being a solid plan.

Was anything in Bischoff-era WCW ever more than a vague idea? Outside of when Hogan would win the title, of course.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Was anything in Bischoff-era WCW ever more than a vague idea? 

Pretty sure if you asked Eric that question, you'd get the standard "I don't remember...it's possible" response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Pretty sure if you asked Eric that question, you'd get the standard "I don't remember...it's possible" response.

He likes beer. Don’t you like beer? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Pretty sure if you asked Eric that question, you'd get the standard "I don't remember...it's possible" response.

I'd prefer to never be anywhere close enough to ask Eric Bischoff a question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The notion that ROH is in trouble because fucking Punishment Martinez left is really funny.

It was never the beginning of the end when Bryan, Punk, Steen, etc. left, but it might be because Punishment left?

He always seemed like a better Baron Corbin to me.

If anything ends, it's this big run of signings.

Punishment Martinez just seems like the line where NXT fans finally say "This guy's the best indy signing you have?" Beat. "Okay, we're good. Give us homegrowns."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

If anything ends, it's this big run of signings.

Punishment Martinez just seems like the line where NXT fans finally say "This guy's the best indy signing you have?" Beat. "Okay, we're good. Give us homegrowns."

Works for me. Time for Otismania to run wild! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

People that knock ROH are always going to find some reason even if it's Punishment Martinez leaving. As if this will lead to a mass exodus with Omega, the Bucks, and Cody all leaving and fucking ROH & New Japan before MSG. I would certainly hope they get the four to sign short term deals that guarantee they'll be there for MSG. I personally don't think any of them are leaving anyway. 

Omega is signed to New Japan, not ROH. He's not going anywhere. 

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He likes beer. Don’t you like beer? 

Hey, if Bischoff can pass an FBI background check, he may have another job opportunity lined up if the podcast doesn't work out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Omega is signed to New Japan. I just mentioned ROH and New Japan since the G1 is a joint show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 5:14 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Mania 19. I acknowledge they're disadvantaged by following Rock-Austin, McMahon-Hogan, and Michaels-Jericho, but the crowd isn't there for the bulk of the match. I've tried rewatching it a few times, but normally as soon as Kurt throws on a hold and looks like he's settling into a heat segment, I'm done. Dullsville. 

Any time I see it on a best-of list, it's an immediate eye roll. 

At least the ironman is in front of a TV audience who've been exposed to less star power and the booking of the match is so stupid that it holds my attention. 

To be fair, Angle's neck was at its worse for this match. Nobody was sure he'd even be able to wrestle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Hey, if Bischoff can pass an FBI background check,

That is a pretty big If. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D.Z said:

Why would Vince dismantle nearly everything NWA just to give a man who wants nothing but a NWA clone in the future? 

 

Well 

1. He is the father of his grandkids. 

2. He has been grooming him as a protege since at least 1998. Vince told Stephanie in 2000 "Remember he was mine first."

3. Hunter is railing Vince's daughter. But as shown in 2, Vince might love Hunter more anyway.

Boy I hope you are discussing Hunter taking over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...