DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Listening to this week's E&C Pod got me thinking: What would be the best scenario to go about transitioning Spud to an in-ring role in the near future? I'd hope they wouldn't go the "heel GM opportunistically inserts himself into the title scene" route, because 1) I'm over most heel authority figures, and 2) Baron Corbin seems to be on this trajectory on Raw. 

Considering Spud is still smaller than the bulk of the 205 Live roster, I'd be keen on a shitheel taking liberties and pushing their luck for a few months before Spud finally has enough and stands up for himself. Gulak's strong personality would make him great for the role. Alternatively, Buddy Murphy would probably make Spud look like a million bucks right out of the gate.

I just know I miss that guy having more to do. 

EDIT: Didn't realize this occurred earlier in the week:

I'm more than happy to keep paying my WWE Network subscription if it means I get to see Lio Rush get a mouthful of Spud. 

See last week on Impact, they had a Mexican Death Match between Pentagon Jr and Jerrito Saggscito*, and when they got to the bit of the death match where usually Abyss would bring out the bag of thumbtacks**, instead they bought out a bag full of pieces of Lego. Is that the first time Lego has been used as an international object in the Wrestling?  And if so, why did nobody think of it before now? It's relatable, everyone knows it hurts to stand on a bit of Lego so logically getting slammed on some would hurt too. 

* Sami Callihan. He's like a little Jerry Saggs. Although he looks less like him now he's bald.

** Which he would do at least twice a month for over ten years, until it meant absolutely nothing.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AxB said:

See last week on Impact, they had a Mexican Death Match between Pentagon Jr and Jerrito Saggscito*, and when they got to the bit of the death match where usually Abyss would bring out the bag of thumbtacks**, instead they bought out a bag full of pieces of Lego. Is that the first time Lego has been used as an international object in the Wrestling?  And if so, why did nobody think of it before now? It's relatable, everyone knows it hurts to stand on a bit of Lego so logically getting slammed on some would hurt too. 

* Sami Callihan. He's like a little Jerry Saggs. Although he looks less like him now he's bald.

** Which he would do at least twice a month for over ten years, until it meant absolutely nothing.

Pretty sure the Drake Younger/Sami match from PWG's All Star Weekend 2013 had Lego involved in it. 

18 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Legos have definitely been used on the indies before, but that’s the first time I’ve seen them used on TV. I don’t watch everything though. 

Thanks for hitting the meatball, Eddie. I knew I could count on you. 

Always glad to help.

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Fun post. I think this be the only time Finn Balor is anti LEGO. 

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Definetly happened in a wXw Death Match tournament in Germany between Thumbtack Jack and Adam Polak. Quite a few years back, though.