DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Here's the text of the article so y'all don't have to have your night ruined by going to that garbage website:

Spoiler

World Wrestling Entertainment just scored a major victory in regard to the lawsuits that have been brought against World Wrestling Entertainment over the last several years by dozens of former WWWF/ WWF/WWE performers regarding WWE's alleged lack of protection when it came to performers in regard to their health, specifically concussions, CTE and other head-trauma related injuries.

In a 39-page ruling issued just a few hours ago Judge Vanessa L. Bryant of the United States District Court of Connecticut officially dismissed all lawsuits against WWE.

Here's what I was talking about earlier. Joe Hendry killing it:

As far as Starrcade only being a house show, why would it be in  Cincinnatti? It's not like that's the first city that springs to mind when you say NWA/WCW, is it? But really the whole thing does smack of Vince thinking that everything that he wasn't involved with could never be as important as anything he was involved with. Starrcade is supposed to be the showcase of the Immortals - meaning, on the level of Wrestlemania. For it to be just a generic house show is just disrespectful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just in case no one sees it in the other folder/thread, I figured I'd also post here: I just got an email from WWE confirming 205 Live is moving to Wednesdays at 7 EST

Has it been determined if it is just during the Mixed Match Challenge or permanently?

14 hours ago, Infinit said:

I wonder if the fans in Greenboro are going to bitch and moan about Starrcade being moved this time too lol

No, they'll stop going like they did last time. Good thing about the old days is, if fans were pissed they knew to stop giving the company money. While the modern "smart" fans keep buying tickets and hope for the best. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Just in case no one sees it in the other folder/thread, I figured I'd also post here: I just got an email from WWE confirming 205 Live is moving to Wednesdays at 7 EST

I wasn't paying attention for it...did they mention this at all during Hell In A Cell or Raw?

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because it is two days after Thanksgiving (roughly the traditional Starrcade time) and the RAW two days later is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and SDL is in Minnesota.

I could be completely mis-remembering this, but wasn't Survivor Series created by Vince and run on Thanksgiving day as a giant middle finger to the NWA?  

1 minute ago, AxB said:

It was run at the exact same time as Starrcade so Vince could get the PPV carriers to only carry one show. Starrcade lost millions.

Actually I think Starrcade was originally an afternoon show, and they sold it on the idea that people could watch both shows on the same day. Vince then pulled the power play by threatening to pull all WWF shows going forward. 2-3 carriers called Vince's bluff and showed Starcade, Vince had forgotten about it by the time their next PPV rolled around.