DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Here's some fodder for wrestling discourse, (I won't bother reading any of it, but you're welcome anyway).

Teddy Hart moonsaults

Shane McMahon punches (or whatever it is he's doing with his hands)

Why is the guy whose name rhymes with squirrel doing the bird thing and the guy named "Osprey" isn't? Shouldn't Marty be dressed as a bushy tailed rodent?

How much would have to be paid to let someone call you "Mr Ass" on national tv?

There we go, have fun!

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

How much would have to be paid to let someone call you "Mr Ass" on national tv?

kramerassman.jpg

Proctologist...

Edited by Edwin
Don't want to annoy tha POWERZ DAT BE!

Be careful about what pictures you post, Edwin. We don’t want to give Rippa a reason to shout SERENITY NOW. 

Clearly what Shane is doing with his hands is creating a distraction to keep his opponent off balance and tripping over their heels. Though I can see how the novice eye might mistake this for an attempted punch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Why is the guy whose name rhymes with squirrel doing the bird thing and the guy named "Osprey" isn't? Shouldn't Marty be dressed as a bushy tailed rodent?

I'll take this one. The only reasons I can think that Marty does the arms flapping is because he has incorporated wings into his entrance gear and the beaked plague doctor mask. He does use the chicken wing as well. To be true to what a plague doctor was, he shouldn't be flapping his arms or have a tail. Rats spread the plague after being infected by oriental rat fleas. Marty should have his mask filled with aromatic items since the purpose of the mask was to keep away bad smells, which were thought to be the principal cause of the plague, which was disproved by germ theory. He should also incorporate his umbrella more, as plague doctors used canes to point out areas that needed attention and examine patients without touching them.

Woop Woop

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

Teddy Hart moonsaults

Man, Teddy is great. Truly one of the most underrated and entertaining characters and US indy workers ever.

He's everything an indy Brian Pillman would be. Crazy, charismatic performer who carries this presence and aura around him. Teddy randomly popping up on indy events to brawl with Trent Acid and Homicide and/or cut the most stoned out wild promos with cats (although that is a more recent thing) about the Montreal Screwjob, Bret and Owen was/is always great. His shoot interviews are entertaining too as he endlessly rambles about his dad being a firefighter, weight lifter, pro-wrestler, etc. and his odd wrestling innovations -- trampoline rings and mats, skateboard ramp tags, boots that make you taller, jump higher and run faster, etc.

As I've mentioned multiple times on here previously before the Segunda guys picked it up -- his feud with Homicide is a legit great spectacle. Hate filed, brutal, bloody, arena brawls with a ton of fish hooking, mouth punching, moonsaults off vending machines, uncooperative slams on guard rails, brutal chairshots to various body parts, etc. It's what one would hope modern Puerto Rican wrestling would be, but isn't.

Teddy however unfortunately has turned into his own worst enemy and become a detriment to himself.

A few of my friends and I are going to do a Teddy Hart viewing party. The Homicide matches are definitely on the list. I thought we may as well do a scramble cage from early ROH too. Any other recommendations? I'd prefer early 2000s Teddy but I'm not picky. 

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Firstly, as a Southerner Marty pronounces his surname "Scuwwww". Secondly, Squirrel has two syllables in English. Squi-Rull. Not Squirl.

Squirrel Girl only rhymes if you're American.

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

A few of my friends and I are going to do a Teddy Hart viewing party. The Homicide matches are definitely on the list. I thought we may as well do a scramble cage from early ROH too. Any other recommendations? I'd prefer early 2000s Teddy but I'm not picky. 

Teddy/Homicide from JAPW 2/28/04
Teddy & Jack/Homicide & B-Boy from JAPW 10/30/04
Teddy & Jack/Homicide & B-Boy steel cage match from JAPW 3/26/05
Teddy & Homicide/the Backseat Boyz/the SAT/Briscoes from JAPW 10/22/05
Teddy/Lethal from JAPW 7/29/06
Teddy/Homicide/Low Ki/Necro from JAPW 10/28/06
Teddy & Low Ki/BLKOUT/LAX from JAPW 12/8/06
Teddy/Homicide/Kingston from JAPW 1/19/07
Teddy & Samoa Joe/LAX steel cage match from JAPW 3/8/07
Teddy/Homicide/BLK Jeez/Dezmond Xavier from JAPW 2/24/18

That's what I could find on Cagematch. Those 4 bolded are the best imo, but they are all worth a watch.

If you like brawls/spectacles, then you will love most of those.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Firstly, as a Southerner Marty pronounces his surname "Scuwwww". Secondly, Squirrel has two syllables in English. Squi-Rull. Not Squirl.

No joke, I know the guy who writes Squirrel Girl and that subject did come up. They may have even worked it into the comic but I think Marvel overruled it.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

Sorry mate, Squirrel only has two syllables if you're given to speaking like you have a mouth full  of marbles.  Of course, I'm a Yank so what do I know of the Queen's English. Glad to see that the wonderful Squirrel Girl is known across the pond.

7 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Teddy/Homicide from JAPW 2/28/04
Teddy & Jack/Homicide & B-Boy from JAPW 10/30/04
Teddy & Jack/Homicide & B-Boy steel cage match from JAPW 3/26/05
Teddy & Homicide/the Backseat Boyz/the SAT/Briscoes from JAPW 10/22/05
Teddy/Lethal from JAPW 7/29/06
Teddy/Homicide/Low Ki/Necro from JAPW 10/28/06
Teddy & Low Ki/BLKOUT/LAX from JAPW 12/8/06
Teddy/Homicide/Kingston from JAPW 1/19/07
Teddy & Samoa Joe/LAX steel cage match from JAPW 3/8/07
Teddy/Homicide/BLK Jeez/Dezmond Xavier from JAPW 2/24/18

That's what I could find on Cagematch. Those 4 bolded are the best imo, but they are all worth a watch.

If you like brawls/spectacles, then you will love most of those.

Good list, but no Teddy Hart viewing party is complete without squeezing in some interviews, particularly those with his cats. Also, Teddy doing moonsaults into an empty ring just for the sake of doing so is something that ought to be included. What a fucking maroon, a talented maroon, but a maroon nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Sorry mate, Squirrel only has two syllables if you're given to speaking like you have a mouth full  of marbles.  Of course, I'm a Yank so what do I know of the Queen's English. Glad tosee that the wonderful Squirrel Girl is known across the pond.

British accents sound like you have a mouthful of marbles? Take them to Missouri, Pilgrim.