DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Isn't Melina persona non grata n WWE?  That among the rest of the stuff really stuck out.

At a minimum she claims she is done with wrestling but yeah it has always seemed like they weren’t too eager to bring her back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't find it right now but there was a post Meltzer made about Bischoff having a short and lonely line while Dave's autograph line was booming that made me laugh. 

The mental image of Bischoff sitting at a table by himself with no line, like he were Virgil fills my heart with joy. He's one of the biggest one trick ponies in wrestling, whose greatest contribution was lifted from the New Japan vs. UWFi angle. Controversy doesn't create cash. Doing exactly the opposite of what Bischoff did would have created cash and WCW might still be around. Hogan and Bischoff trying to re-create the nWo in TNA didn't create cash. I can't wait until the day people realize Bischoff is completely irrelevant and stop paying him for appearances. Who really wants to meet Eric Bischoff in 2018? To quote Brian Pillman, "former coffee gopher for Verne Gagne". 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since there is no context with WNBB tweet - Bischoff’s “joke” is that he called Meltzer a pedophile

Ah, going the Elon Musk route without having Elon Musk money for lawyers. 

That is definitely a worse stolen idea than the nWo. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anyone feel like explaining exactly what this means? What is FDM?

EDIT- Never mind, posted before reading the rest of the thread. Although I still don't know what FDM is.

Edited by grilledcheese

"He said something about playing me a melody, but wasn't really sure how it goes. A melody is defined as a sequence of single notes that is musically satisfying; a tune. Bischoff also mentioned reminiscing about when he wore younger men's clothing, which is also explanatory for why he hasn't been on WWE TV of late. Vince really doesn't want that sort of physique on TV. Why would Bischoff be singing a song anyway? He's not a classically trained pianist either. Not that I know of anyway. And why would a pianist be a vocalist too? That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, Carmella is getting fat."

• Like 1

Am I missing something about the NXT UK Women's title match being a red herring? I mean, it doesn't list who the champion is, but that's a totally feasible match for the PPV, isn't it?

It's pretty obvious that it's a fake card, but in reality it's probably not too far off from what we're going to get

Re: Melina, I seem to recall that she tried to plan some kind of run-in on a major show with Natalya, after Melina was let go.  She was texting Natalya about how she (Melina) would buy a ticket to the show, during which Natalya had a match, and, after the match Melina would jump the rail and "attack" Natalya.  The theory for why this would work, acc. to Melina, was that Vince loves "real world" angles.

Natalya snitched Melina out to the McMahons, who put security on alert.

• Haha 3

Why is Melina persona

20 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Isn't Melina persona non grata n WWE?  That among the rest of the stuff really stuck out.

Why is Melina persona non grata with the company?  If I've heard this before, I've completely forgotten about it.