DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Renee has done commentary, what, a dozen times? and she's still 10000 times better than Coach ever was. 

Best news in ages

It felt like she had a decently long NXT run,  but it probably wasn’t as long as I remember. Still, I now want the Regal/Renee team to return.

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

Cole doesn't need to be replaced he just needs someone to mute Vince's screaming in his ears. Free-range Cole is quite good.

"MENTION THE FUCKING HASHTAG THINGS THAT WE PAID FOR GOD DAMN IT! NOW MENTION IT AGAIN!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

I think it was the rematch.

AYtr.gif

Was this the one where he started his entrance with the Punk tribute?

Eta: I guess I could look this stuff up, but today's therapy appointments have been godawful and I am hurting for adult, relatively same interaction.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

Was this the one where he started his entrance with the Punk tribute?

Yeah - it turned out to be his last WWE match and it was clear he was in "Fuck It" mode

BTW - that show was Payback 2016

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Renee has done commentary, what, a dozen times? and she's still 10000 times better than Coach ever was. 

Best news in ages

She did commentary for NXT for a decent while.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Didn't Ryback save Kalisto's life in a pre-shiw match?

That wasn't a godawful match, either.

Their matches were actually pretty good.

Not when Steph's around. If he does, she corrects him and makes him feel like an out of touch old man. So as much as he hates saying it, he uses "hashtag" so he won't get a talking to from his daughter. 

• Haha 3

Here's an opinion nobody is going to agree with me on:

Renee is obviously better than Coachman.  But you never knew what idiotic shit Coachman was going to say. You know exactly what Renee is going to say. I think the unpredictability of Coachman (and again, to be clear: he's unpredictable because he's a Goddamn idiot) is more valuable than the serviceable, anodyne Renee on a show that is infamously known for being predictable already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hooker said:

Here's an opinion nobody is going to agree with me on:

Renee is obviously better than Coachman.  But you never knew what idiotic shit Coachman was going to say. You know exactly what Renee is going to say. I think the unpredictability of Coachman (and again, to be clear: he's unpredictable because he's a Goddamn idiot) is more valuable than the serviceable, anodyne Renee on a shown that is infamously known for being predictable already.

Counterpoint: If they could just pair her with Regal again...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Player One said:

I'm sad that now I'll never find out what the difference between men and women is.

I still think Booker T was worst than Coach, fwiw.

Both were in the so bad its funny territory due to Graves being ruthless with both. I'm not sure who is worse. Coach seemed to take two backs back every step forward while Booker would just have no idea what the fuck he was talking about sometimes.

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

"MENTION THE FUCKING HASHTAG THINGS THAT WE PAID FOR GOD DAMN IT! NOW MENTION IT AGAIN!"

"Do you want me to say that every time? Cause I've said it a shitload of times tonight. 
... Ok, yes sir, so you-- yes sir, yep... ok you got it"

• Like 2