DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 9/5/2018 at 11:38 PM, Dewar said:

Bischoff asking what kind of steroids Meltzer uses on twitter amused me far too much.

Looks like he didn't learn very much from that time he said Bruce Mitchell had lots in common with disgraced pedophile ML Curley (Bruce sued him and ended up with a nice out of court settlement).

On 9/8/2018 at 1:26 AM, sydneybrown said:

Now I'm curious.  Did PWI go back to strictly B&W at some point?  Because they definitely were full color in the early 90s and I quit reading them once i discovered the internet a few years later.  Ironically thanks to an article in PWI telling me about RSPW.  Which shows you how old I am.

Im pretty sure by 96/97 when I started reading them they were black and white, but the centerfolds and certain pages were color. Like "Get to Know Kevin Northcutt" was for sure black and white, but "PWI Spotlight: Buff Bagwell" was color, for example

• Haha 1

Now all we need is Coach saying something stupid about "these women are taking all our jobs" so he can permanently go back to ESPN 

The only I way I would approve of Coach on the kick off show is if he is a replacement for Pat McAfee.  But at least I can avoid the pre-shows.  Especially during football season.

22 minutes ago, Edwin said:

The Kickoff shows are free and not Network exclusives; they stream them on Facebook, too.

Youtube also

You really don't miss much outside a couple of matches - which can vary from torturous to good

• Like 1

The Kickoff shows would be insanely better if they were used like how they should be used, which is what Talking Smack used to be.

No one gives a shit about anything that's said on the kickoff shows. If you're tuning in then you already know about what you're watching. Meanwhile, Talking Smack was probably the best and most original thing they've done and of course Vince killed it because he didn't understand it.

• Like 3