DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

21 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

For starters the Death of WCW panel shouldn't have happened without Alvarez.  I liked the book and attribute a ton of what worked to Bryan.  Without him on the panel (when asked about doing it he pretty much "Fuck no!") it just isn't worth doing.

Eric was essentially the equivalent of a hostile witness. RD could only do so much, especially when the first thing he said to everyone was "I don't do funny stuff."

Adversely, the Wrestlecrap panel featuring people like Oscar, Dr. D, and Kevin Sullivan featured stars that had no problems whatsoever having fun.

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Eric was essentially the equivalent of a hostile witness.

I've been suffering from insomnia, and not falling asleep until 4-5 AM, so I'm only going on about 5 hours of sleep. That's probably why I misread witness as waitress.

I'd have no problem with Steve Buscemi not tipping Bischoff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, Jasmine St. Claire is allowed to make her living however she wants.

fixed for accuracy

Looking up Jasmine St. Claire on wikipedia will lead you down the wiki wormhole to all kinds of fun topics.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

fixed for accuracy

Looking up Jasmine St. Claire on wikipedia will lead you down the wiki wormhole to all kinds of fun topics.

One time in probably 1998 or 1999 which would've made me around 10-11 years old, my uncle came by the house and I showed him some of the new wrestling magazines I'd picked up that day. I can't remember which it was, but one of them had full page photos of Jasmine and Jenna Jameson who I guess were doing some dates with ECW at the time. "Jeez, I guess wrestlings really changed since Bruno" said my uncle, without further explanation. We upgraded from dialup to high speed internet shortly after this and... I figured out pretty quickly what he'd meant.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

One time in probably 1998 or 1999 which would've made me around 10-11 years old, my uncle came by the house and I showed him some of the new wrestling magazines I'd picked up that day. I can't remember which it was, but one of them had full page photos of Jasmine and Jenna Jameson who I guess were doing some dates with ECW at the time. "Jeez, I guess wrestlings really changed since Bruno" said my uncle, without further explanation. We upgraded from dialup to high speed internet shortly after this and... I figured out pretty quickly what he'd meant.

My guess is probably WoW (World of Wrestling) magazine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My guess is probably WoW (World of Wrestling) magazine.

Actually it almost definitely was because I remember they were full color so it couldn't have been any of the apter mags and I'm pretty sure they were gone from ECW by the time their magazine was out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Actually it almost definitely was because I remember they were full color so it couldn't have been any of the apter mags and I'm pretty sure they were gone from ECW by the time their magazine was out.

Now I'm curious.  Did PWI go back to strictly B&W at some point?  Because they definitely were full color in the early 90s and I quit reading them once i discovered the internet a few years later.  Ironically thanks to an article in PWI telling me about RSPW.  Which shows you how old I am.

I miss the rankings in the back of each mag. I liked to compare dudes from lesser known federations that I hadn't see to WCW and WWF.  Some  of them looked so cool I wanted to see them compete.  It was always interesting seeing a familiar name pop up in one of these feds I had never seen.  

I was always confused about Lawler.  He'd be announcing in WWF but they'd have him labeled as a champion elsewhere.  I wondered why he never mentioned it on commentary and where his belt was.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Was the match supposed to end with the SSP? If so, Angle intuitively moving so Brock didn't crush him was miraculous. 

It'd be a contender for best finish ever if Brock did nail it, though.

By all accounts, yes. Meltzer often says it would be regarded as one of the best WWE matches ever if he hit it. Not sure that's true, but it would be one of the indelible moments they love so much.

• Like 1

Before Bryan signed his new contract: "Can't wait to see him return to ROH and put on constant 5 star Meltzer classics. GOAT!"

After Bryan signed his new contract: "Sucks we have to see him continue burying new talent like Andrade in DUD matches. John Cena 2.0!"

Wrestling fans!

23 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I loved WoW when I was younger. I think I'd have been right around the same age as you when it came out. Sadly, my mom thew my back issues away, including my issues that I got autographed by K-Dawg and Al Snow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Edwin said:

Before Bryan signed his new contract: "Can't wait to see him return to ROH and put on constant 5 star Meltzer classics. GOAT!"

After Bryan signed his new contract: "Sucks we have to see him continue burying new talent like Andrade in DUD matches. John Cena 2.0!"

Wrestling fans!

Was it wreddit?  Sounds like wreddit...

• Like 1