DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

33 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

The latest episode of Wrestlecrap Radio has Schultz on there. Among some of the (many) hilarious stories he clearly explains his distaste for Hogan. However the man he seems to hate the most overall is Vince.

He screwed him, with the whole Stosell incident, I guess Vince figured he had Piper and didnt need Dr D. Shultz even claims Inoki wanted to Recreate the Stossel incident in Japan with him after he left WWF

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

hey wasn't there a thread for current indie matches that are on youtube? I could have sworn there was one but I can't find it.

I am assuming you mean this

DDP was indeed on Fuck, That's Delicious. He made Action Bronson and Meyhem Lauren do some DDP Yoga and cursed at them a lot. Meyhem wears his weight well while Action withheld his weight from Page for a reason -- I mean, I'm overweight myself, but if you see what this guy eats on a daily basis you'll understand. Then they both promptly went out to eat a "good" meal at the local Hare Krishna spot and left half of it on the table. It was probably free. What a pair of jerks, I hope the crew finished it. 

DDP surprisingly did not pimp his website or show a DVD cover

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

DDP was indeed on Fuck, That's Delicious. He made Action Bronson and Meyhem Lauren do some DDP Yoga and cursed at them a lot. Meyhem wears his weight well while Action withheld his weight from Page for a reason -- I mean, I'm overweight myself, but if you see what this guy eats on a daily basis you'll understand. Then they both promptly went out to eat a "good" meal at the local Hare Krishna spot and left half of it on the table. It was probably free. What a pair of jerks, I hope the crew finished it. 

DDP surprisingly did not pimp his website or show a DVD cover

I'm pissed I missed it. My DVR is weird so I might have to wait til it's on again. Action and Meyhem I love but Im meh on Bess.

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

He screwed him, with the whole Stosell incident, I guess Vince figured he had Piper and didnt need Dr D. Shultz even claims Inoki wanted to Recreate the Stossel incident in Japan with him after he left WWF

He should cut a deal with PW Tees to do a shirt with his hand in a slapping position with the words "You think this is fake?". Make some money on the whole thing.

I don't know who this Evan Bourne character is. Frankly, it sounds made up. Matt Sydal, on the other hand, has a beautiful SSP. He used to also use a pretty nice looking corner clothesline before some clown from the Real World starting using it.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, Technico Support said:

A group of guys without a real common cause who just have the same representation?  Stable

A gang with a cause like "let's watch each other's backs and make sure we all succeed?"  Faction, gang, whatever.

Kind of thinking about this and the 1987/88 Jimmy Hart group might be the closest to an actual faction that 80s WWF ever had.

They had Danny Davis running interference all over the place for them, primarily for the Hart Foundation but he would often end up ringside at Honky Tonk Man matches as well. They interviewed as a group on occasion and you had things like the Macho Man attack, where they worked together. They even did some house show six man matches together.

They weren't the Horsemen or nothing, but they clearly seemed to be working towards a collective goal beyond just having a common manager.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, elizium said:

Kind of thinking about this and the 1987/88 Jimmy Hart group might be the closest to an actual faction that 80s WWF ever had.

They had Danny Davis running interference all over the place for them, primarily for the Hart Foundation but he would often end up ringside at Honky Tonk Man matches as well. They interviewed as a group on occasion and you had things like the Macho Man attack, where they worked together. They even did some house show six man matches together.

They weren't the Horsemen or nothing, but they clearly seemed to be working towards a collective goal beyond just having a common manager.

The Heenan Family operated as a group in 1989. Also Piper, Orndorff and Orton operated as a faction, but did not have a name.