DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hate to be a bad guy but WHEN THE FUCK is NJPW world putting up ALL IN?   I can watch it tonight if they put it up.  If they don't then I'll probably just read the results.  

I was going say that you are like the 6th person to ask that but then I realized you are trying to stay spoiler free so you haven't seen everyone else doing it

NJ said it would be up "at some time" so there was never an official "oh up immediately after" or anything like that.

• Like 1

WWE Osaka results

Spoiler

* Bobby Roode defeated Jinder Mahal with Sunil Singh. Mahal issued an open challenge after the match

* Bray Wyatt defeated Jinder Mahal

* WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander retained over Akira Tozawa and Drew Gulak in a Triple Threat

* WWE NXT Women's Champion Kairi Sane, Sasha Banks and Bayley defeated The Riott Squad

* RAW Tag Team Champions The B Team retained over The Revival and Titus Worldwide in a Triple Threat

* Bobby Lashley defeated Elias

* WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose defeated Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre

* Baron Corbin defeated Finn Balor. Balor got the 3 count first but Corbin announced that this was a No DQ match. He hit Balor with a chair and pinned him

* RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey retained over Alexa Bliss by submission

* WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns retained over Braun Strowman by DQ when McIntyre and Ziggler hit the ring for the beat down. Ambrose and Rollins then made the save. The Shield hit the triple powerbomb on McIntyre through a table to end the show

WWE Shanghai Results

Spoiler

For the second time in WWE history, WWE held its second live event in the Shanghai Mercedes Benz Arena. The event wasn't full, but the fans were pumped and quite welcoming as the 3.5 hour event went on. The event was about 85% full.

* Bobby Roode vs. Bray Wyatt. Wyatt worked as a heel. Roode pinned Wyatt with a roll up. Wyatt received a good reception at the end after Roode celebrated and left the ring.

* The B-Team (c) vs. Titus Worldwide vs. The Revival for the Raw Tag Team championship. Curtis Axel pinned Dash Wilder with a roll up for the win.

* Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose vs Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler. Before the match, Rollins and Ambrose congratulated two athletes that are sponsored by the Special Olympics. Ambrose planted Dirty Deeds and Rollins curb stomped Ziggler for the 1-2-3.

* John Cena, Finn Bàlor & Bobby Lashley vs. Baron Corbin, Elias & Jinder Mahal. Elias kicked off by showing off his guitar skills in front of the audience, which was well received. He immediately invited Corbin and Mahal in without insulting Shanghai. At the end, Bàlor planted the Coup de Gras on Corbin and Cena planted the AA on Elias followed by his debuting finisher which involved Kung Fu theatrics and a punch to Elias. After a pinfall by Cena, Cena gave a long speech in Chinese talking about his wrestling life, being a promoter of WWE to China, addressing the future Chinese Superstars and thanking the audience in Shanghai.

Mike Rome and JoJo promoted a special WWE t-Shirt with all the superstars posted on the t-Shirt with Shanghai in the back and autographs from Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and John Cena.

Intermission

* Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Alexander pinned Gulak for the 1-2-3 after a Lumbar Check. Overall the fans loved this match, they were very impressed and blown away with the match.

* Ronda Rousey, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss and The Riott Squad. The match was OK. Bliss never tagged in. Rousey submitted Logan with an armbar to win the match.

* Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal Championship. The main event was decent enough for the crowd to leave happy. There were heavy boos for Reigns. Braun was the heel, however fans reacted to him as the babyface. Ziggler and McIntyre attacked Reigns causing a disqualification to retain the title. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre ganged up on Roman. Just as McIntyre laid a table in the ring, Rollins and Ambrose came out to save Reigns. Reigns speared McIntyre and The Shield triple power bombed McIntyre through the table, sending them home happy.

This is what is posted on New Japan's site

All In will be available at NJPW World!
New Japan Pro-Wrestling is happy to announce that All In at Sears Centre Arena in Illinois on September 1st will be available at NJPW World as SVOD.
NJPW World will stream 9 matches from this historic event.
It is to be determined when SVOD will be made available. We will announce it later.

I was watching a fancam (not Japan) of Roman vs Braun, It was a good match and they try to come up with new stuff.  Negative is the recent TV has watered down the popularity of Braun and the Shield,  The best part was hearing little kids blown away by stuff I take for granted. It reminded me that their is still magic in the world, but it is for a new generation. 

Negative is the fans are divided over the Shield and Braun. 

2 hours ago, Hagan said:

This may be inside baseball but what's the backstory with Pro Wrestling Tees? Obviously they're a big part of the success of this past weekend and seem to be a good business. Who owns it? How long they been around? 

I thought that they were a regular old t shirt printer. It's an offshoot of 1 Hour Tees, I think.

A few years ago, I bought a t shirt from Barber Shop Window, and it was filled by 1 Hour. Not long after, all of the Barber Shop stuff was hosted on Pro Wrestling tees, so I was of the impression that they saw the kind of business Barber Shop was doing and wanted to get in on it. The shirt I bought was total dogshit, and faded and fell apart hella quick, but their shirts are a much nicer quality now, so there has been some positive change on that end since the early days.

The dude that runs the show made a quick appearance in the 10 Pounds of Gold and talks a little about how it came to be, and he credits a chance meeting with Cabana as his impetus to start a place where wrestlers could sell merch fulltime instead of having to only be able to sell it at shows.

Mind you, I have no idea if any of this is accurate, it's just what I have put together in my head. I'm probably totally full of shit, but it sounds sensible to me, you know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What am I missing there? Am I supposed to see a sailboat? Is Bobby checking out Finn's package?

Um, the caption is the same title as the... adult.. movie that Chyna/X-Pac were in.

• Thanks 2