DVDVR Message Board

Heels That Are Incapable Of Being Babyfaces

I thought of this as I'm sitting here watching an old Minoru Suzuki match from 2003 against Takayama. Suzuki to my knowledge has never been a babyface, and if he has it's never been a big money run. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I just can't even begin to envision Suzuki as being a virtuous or even a badass face. He just has that look and aura that just yells, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" The closest I've ever seen him be a babyface is during the G1 Climax tournament when he faced Bad Luck Fale and the Tongans kept interfering (three other guys that should never be babyface, especially not Fale!). And the only reason that he and Zack Sabre Jr were cheered is because they defied the odds against those meddling BCOG's.

One name that came to mind was Ole Anderson. I mean seriously, why the fuck would anybody buy him as a good guy? He's a fucking evil, obnoxious, cruel, sinister prick, and when he did become a babyface it was only to do the most asshole thing in the world to Dusty at the Omni in Atlanta. Or when he and the Horsemen turned on Sting at Clash Of The Champions X- practically verbally eviscerated the fucking guy on national television before they preceded to beat the piss out of the guy. Or stalking Fat Man Dust down the highway in Charlotte before a 4-on-1 assault in the parking lot, followed by him taking a baseball bat and breaking his metatarsals, then bragging about it on World Wide Wrestling. Who in their right mind would buy a T-shirt or a figurine of his likeness after something like that?

I'm high as a kite right now so I can't think of any other examples at the moment. I don't watch WWE a lot nowadays so that's not fresh in my head either.

Rick Rude is the go-to name for me, the most naturally gifted heel of all time. Talking of naturally gifted I'd have put Triple H up there too tbh, I'm amazed he ever managed to be a face again after his mid-00s run at the top

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Yes, Demolition were faces for nearly 2 years. That may have been Bill Eadie's only face run as well.

Was One Man Gang ever a babyface? How about Dennis Condrey?

Gang was a face for a time in Florida in 1984. That's at least one run I am aware of.

32 minutes ago, Player One said:

I have no idea how or why WWE has turned arsonist murderer necrophiliac rapist stalker Kane into a babyface so many times.

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Add testicles abuser to the rap sheet.

Priest attacker as well.

• Like 1

It's easy to forget MiSu was so ikemen.  If he had gone to Toryumon, he could have been the next Ital Con member or had his own j-pop dance group stable.

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Yes, Demolition were faces for nearly 2 years. That may have been Bill Eadie's only face run as well.

Was One Man Gang ever a babyface? How about Dennis Condrey?

Condrey worked the South as a babyface when he first started out in the early 70's.  His first major heel turn was in 1975.  I don't remember him working babyface after that.  If he did, it was probably on the indy's after his WCW run.  I mean, crap, I saw him in Missouri near the end of his career and he came to the ring and called out a couple guys for a challenge.  Probably would have gotten a decent babyface reaction if all the guys he called out weren't dead.

5 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Eadie actually had a pretty famous face turn in MACW as the Superstar.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe there would have been a face run somewhere if he didn't die at 34, but Adrian Adonis is I can't think ever being a babyface.

He had a face run in Portland around 1979, teaming with Ron Starr of all people.

• Thanks 1

I think with classic WWF characters, anyone could have been a face or heel based on their opponent or angle. 

IRS could have turned Face if they broke up Money Inc and he announced Dibiase was going to he audited . 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Player One said:

I have no idea how or why WWE has turned arsonist murderer necrophiliac rapist stalker Kane into a babyface so many times.

The real question is why the fuck did it work every single time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1