DVDVR Message Board

Heels That Are Incapable Of Being Babyfaces

Maybe, but I've never really cared for him outside of his initial run as Vickie's toy boy (before they ruined it and started calling him the new and improved Dolph Ziggler purely because he'd... cut his hair and dyed it dark?).

His fairly recent run when he took the title off Miz was okay but he didn't bring much to the table as a face and the Miz seemed to be doing all the legwork so you're probably right

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Let's add Jake to the list. Being born-again is more of a heel move than being The Snake IMO.

Jake was a pretty great babyface in Mid South before he jumped to the WWF. Also had a longish face run in Stampede when he was just starting out.

9 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Would you add Ziggler to the list? or is his incapability of being a face more of a result of him being a dick?

Ziggler's last face run was my favorite of his career. He was bringing the fire in the build up to the Ambrose match at SummerSlam 2016 and of course the Miz feud was peak stuff.

10 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Would you add Ziggler to the list? or is his incapability of being a face more of a result of him being a dick?

Ziggler has some really inspired babyface performances. Some of his face runs overstayed their welcome, but his top work is all as a face. The double turn match against Del Rio, the Surivior Series 2014 tag, and the Miz title vs. career match. I don't think he's done anything as a heel that sniffs those three matches.

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Ziggler has some really inspired babyface performances. Some of his face runs overstayed their welcome, but his top work is all as a face. The double turn match against Del Rio, the Surivior Series 2014 tag, and the Miz title vs. career match. I don't think he's done anything as a heel that sniffs those three matches.

I'd put the Cena ladder match up with them, but that might be it.

9 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

The Miz series was great, but that was far more about the Miz reaching new heights than Ziggler being a good babyface.

16 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't remember any of those matches. We might as well put him in the mediocre thread.

You don't remember the match where Sting debuted? I can kinda see the other two getting lost in the WWE shuffle (but seriously refresh your memory on the Del Rio Payback 2013 match, it's one of WWE's best this decade) since their product has been indistinguishable by year since 2008, but Sting's first WWE appearance seems like a hard match to forget.

Not that the vast majority of Dolph's career hasn't been mediocre, but there's enough evidence out there to show he isn't incapable of being a babyface as the thread title suggests.

The best person to turn Bad News face against in the WWF? Ted DiBiase

Let's imagine if DiBiase didn't try to pay off the Bossman and Slick to get back the Million Dollar Belt, but Bad News instead. You have DiBiase holding it over Bad News' head that he needs the money because his family is dirt poor. It could play out very similarly to the DiBiase/Virgil angle. 

If Bad News doesn't leave prior to the 1990 Survivor Series, he was going to be on the Million Dollar Team. I could see the same scenario as the past two years. Bad News gets accidentially hit by one of his partners, but instead of walking out, this time he snaps and takes it out on his partners. 

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best person to turn Bad News face against in the WWF? Ted DiBiase

Let's imagine if DiBiase didn't try to pay off the Bossman and Slick to get back the Million Dollar Belt, but Bad News instead. You have DiBiase holding it over Bad News' head that he needs the money because his family is dirt poor. It could play out very similarly to the DiBiase/Virgil angle. 

If Bad News doesn't leave prior to the 1990 Survivor Series, he was going to be on the Million Dollar Team. I could see the same scenario as the past two years. Bad News gets accidentially hit by one of his partners, but instead of walking out, this time he snaps and takes it out on his partners. 

Here's the issue with that: if they do the Virgil angle with Bad News in his place, does the need to turn Virgil ever arise? Does he just stick with Ted forever?

8 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Here's the issue with that: if they do the Virgil angle with Bad News in his place, does the need to turn Virgil ever arise? Does he just stick with Ted forever?

Nah - just put Bad News in Piper’s role of getting Virgil to leave DiBiase, and then build an early version of the Nation of Domination.

33 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Nah - just put Bad News in Piper’s role of getting Virgil to leave DiBiase, and then build an early version of the Nation of Domination.

Can you imagine that unstoppable faction?!?  Bad News Brown, Virgil, Koko B Ware and Slick

My god, I just now realized how awesome a heel tag team of Bad News Brown and Koko (in pissed off Memphis mode) would have been - like a bizarro world Hart Foundation. Imagine their tag finisher: Koko hoists the opponent up into suplex position, Bad News Ghettoblasters the inverted head, Koko then drops them with the brainbuster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, iowanole said:

Can you imagine that unstoppable faction?!?  Bad News Brown, Virgil, Koko B Ware and Slick

I know you joke but the fact that Bad News would be involved automatically makes that group unstoppable

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Shit even when t Sheik was in a tag match as a babyface he still turned on his partner (Dusty Rhodes no less) tht no one could honestly be shocked by it

James

That was the double turn where Murdoch then saved Dusty, correct?

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, iowanole said:

What about a Bad News Brown/Allen? 

I never rooted against Bad News Allen.  The man was right.  The system was rigged against Black Excellence.

Getting to see Lex Luger get the shit beat out of him in CWF was just a bonus.

My first answer would've been Abdullah the Butcher, but even he had a semi-credible face run at one point so my answers are Stan Hansen, Black Bart, and Cowboy Ron Bass.  

Yes, I know they all ran Texas / Cowboy gimmicks.

I also don't think that there is even an alternate reality where The Mongols could run as a face tag team.

• Like 1