DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Full Saxton - 8/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

If they're remotely serious about Becky being a heel, they'll need to change her music, because that's an immediate pop generating, absolute banger of a theme, and no one is booing when that hits.

They never changed Sami's theme after turning heel, did they? I believe they will stick with it... 

My DVR magically skipped from right after Charlotte bridged into the beatdown. Like it digitized for two seconds and when it came back Carmela was gone and Becky had magically appeared like Sabu, beating the hell out of Charlotte to a massive reaction. 

ALL HAIL KING BOOKAH

LOL at the fans continuing to cheer Becky Lynch. Newsflash WWE: Try as you might,  Becky Lynch is so likeable, even when you turned her heel at SummerSlam instead of Becky as champion and Charlotte heel as Charlotte isn't a good face.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was bothered more by Carmella's air kicks.

I thought it was a decent performance from Carmella, but, yeah, some of her kicks....  The sorta-kick right before the sorta-flatliner looked terrible.

Love the new narrative from some people that if you REALLY like Becky you will boo her and if she gets really hated then the angle works and Becky gets the push she deserves.  

Let's investigate how bad this argument is:

1.  It really hasn't worked that much for babyfaces except maybe Daniel Bryan so why would it work the opposite.   

2.  No matter how hated Becky gets, she is never facing Ronda Rousey at WM.  That Charlotte spot was locked up the day after this year wrestlemania in my opinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Love the new narrative from some people that if you REALLY like Becky you will boo her and if she gets really hated then the angle works and Becky gets the push she deserves.  

1.  It really hasn't worked that much for babyfaces except maybe Daniel Bryan so why would it work the opposite.   

2.  No matter how hated Becky gets, she is never facing Ronda Rousey at WM.  That Charlotte spot was locked up the day after this year wrestlemania in my opinion.

Poor Christian.

• Like 1

He also said in his review that he's been told from an internal source that they're essentially abandoning the heel turn and Becky's going to be an 'anti-hero' and both women will be 'ex-friends who both have valid points.'

For the record, Stone Cold Becky Lynch works fine for me.  However, Becky's attack from behind makes me think he's talking out his ass. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I didn't know the end goal was Becky vs Ronda. I thought the end goal was to get Becky to be booked as something more then Charlotte's friend who can get the spot light when Charlotte is out injured or doing something else.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

I didn't know the end goal was Becky vs Ronda. I thought the end goal was to get Becky to be booked as something more then Charlotte's friend who can get the spot light when Charlotte is out injured or doing something else.

No the end goal was and is always Charlotte vs Ronda.  I was just saying that no matter how much hated she gets Charlotte will still be the top person 

I hope they use this new character to change up Becky’s gear into something a little more flattering.

She looked great in the pants & tank top.

Same way I wished Owens would have changed when he became Universal Champion. I like him for the most part but he still looks like an indy guy...