DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Full Saxton - 8/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

They booed Charlotte's entrance and cheered Becky running in to beat on the exhausted babyface.

It's always funny when WWE fails to read the room and insists on plowing ahead anyway.

On the plus side, Becky's getting better babyface reactions now than she's ever gotten on the main roster.

• Like 3

Hey, Road Dogg. How's that Becky Lynch heel turn going? I said it last week, but that man has smoked himself retarded.

I can't be the only one that forgot the Colons were still employed, am I?

A Bryan/Almas feud would be so money, and a breath of fresh air from the never-ending Bryan/Miz feud. After HIAC, I never want to see Bryan and Miz anywhere near each other.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Player One said:

They booed Charlotte's entrance and cheered Becky running in to beat on the exhausted babyface.

It's always funny when WWE fails to read the room and insists on plowing ahead anyway.

On the plus side, Becky's getting better babyface reactions now than she's ever gotten on the main roster.

Hmm, I'd say they did some work tonight to make it a more intense and heated feud than just conventional heel/face. Charlotte's promo had edge (she's a face but she's definitely not just 'happy to be here'), and Becky was just angry and aggressive rather than trying to criticise the fans again. I also think that was probably Carmella's best singles match. One of Charlotte's radio interviews today had her talking about how you have to work hard to develop the best chemistry you can have with everybody, and that you can't just write someone off as not gelling with you, because "if you can dance with everybody, then everybody wants to dance with you." I think you could see the benefits of that approach tonight, and Carmella should be credited for her performance too, it was nice seeing spots like the hurricarana feel like an actual struggle.

Also, Almas/Bryan was a great tease of a match, and King Booker's appearance was some fun silliness. About the only off-part tonight was the short and mediocre Billie/Naomi match.

• Like 2

If WWE has taught us anything, it’s that a too-aggressive, self-interested, foul-mouthed, black-clad, nominal heel will never get cheered for raining down punches on a chosen one babyface. It’s so obvious I almost have to conclude it’s intentional. Almost. 

More Bryan/Almas, while we’re at it.

• Like 3

Glad Hardy/Orton gets the Cell, especially since Jeff said a few years back that working a HIAC was one of the things he wanted to do before retiring. But surprised that Styles/Joe will not be in the Cell. Also they did confirm Styles/Joe for Super Showdown as well.

Mella is Money, legit. Loved the main.

Booker coming down to celebrate New Day's fifth reign was fun. Its nice to know the Colons are still employed.

Bryan/Alams was fun. Dug the attack by Miz and Maryse.

Jeff/Orton getting the HIAC is nice news. Still I wish Joe and AJ were getting the stip as well.

Charlotte/Carmella was a little too much Mella on offense, but definitely one of Carmella's best matches. I really wish they would course correct and let Charlotte turn heel via attempted crippling or murder of Becky.

Becky is on fire and that whole segment ruled. They're not gonna let it play out likenkt should, but I'll just enjoy the moment.

The King Booker thing was absolutely fantastic.

Bryan/Miz should be more fun than this, but they're just gonna go through the playbook until Mania, I guess. Real waste because Bryan is clearly getting subdued pops because no one really believes he's around long term. Just blow this off and run through the fantasy matches. Almas stuff was cool.

Still hate Lana without the accent and think it drags down the wonder that is Rusev. 

I watched a little bit, King Booker because well, ALL HAIL KING BOOKAHHH! I saw the triple threat because I like Cesaro and Sheamus. I saw Charlottes promo then shut it off. I saw Brie punch Bryans hand. I saw nothing in between before or after any of that. From my view 4* show. This is how I watch WWE must days so I always have a higher view of it. 

Shame Styles/Joe isn't inside the Cell, made sense to. May still be as sometimes there's three HIAC matches on the Hell in a Cell card. Should be no more than two.

Jeff Harry's first HIAC match, one of the few things he's not done in wrestling.

Team Becky Lynch is still going strong as it might. #LassKicker.

King Bookah appeared you say? Best version of Booker T. All Hail King Bookah!

• Like 1

A few quick drunk notes on tonight...

KING BOOKAH made me mark out more for anything last night. 

Pretty cool to have a hate filled non title feud inside HIAC

The Miz/Maryse interference was almost a forgone conclusion but FUCK YES we got Bryan/Almas. Hope the get the opportunity to do a long PPV match at some point.

Becky was over HUGE. I want to see how that came off on tv.

At the end of the day I wish SDL was the 3 hour show...they have so much more talent that I give a fuck about.

Had a blast the past 2 nights with my buddies, looking forward to doing a grand slam weekend next year for Summerslam!

• Like 2

Isn’t it funny what a huge reaction Becky calling Charlotte a “bitch” got?  Back in the Attitude era you’d hear it several times per show, every show and it had no impact but when you do it rarely it KILLS. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, caley said:

Isn’t it funny what a huge reaction Becky calling Charlotte a “bitch” got?  Back in the Attitude era you’d hear it several times per show, every show and it had no impact but when you do it rarely it KILLS. 

Reminds me of Cornette & Russo talking about booking Kane v Undertaker the first time.

Russo wanted violence from day 1 with Kane putting Taker through a table the night after he debuted. Cornette said they shouldn't touch each other for 6 months.

33 minutes ago, caley said:

And it was delivered with such hate! Becky's a very good heel and they're really bringing the intensity to this feud.  Though its fun to see Becky  in one of her final pre-SummerSlam interviews talking about how "lovely" Charlotte is and how quickly they became non-kayfabe friends: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0824/645155/becky-lynch-on-how-charlotte-flair-and-sasha-banks-helped-her/