DVDVR Message Board

Raw is KO is All In - 8/27/2018

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If Meltz is to be believed on Roman’s merch sales, over is over and everyone needs to take a deep breath.

I guess. I mean, I'm not even suggesting Roman turns, just that turning Braun seems to carry a much higher risk than reward. Best case scenario he stays as over as he is now. Worst case they kill off an extremely over act.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Worst case they kill off an extremely over act.

Which they are incredibly adept at.  

It’s okay though. We could always direct our complaints towards Road Dogg on Twitter, where he’ll tell us that Braun climbed the same mountain, or whatever stupid rhetoric he’ll spew out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

They have been advertising Cena v Owens as the 2nd marquee match behind “Last time ever” for the Melbourne show...

They changed it last week to Cena and Lashley vs Elias and KO.

Also announced tonight Rousey and the Bellas vs Riott Squad and The Shield vs Dolph/Drew/Braun

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also,  WrestleMania main event should definitely be about huge marquee matches. Sure, sometimes that can mean bring in The Rock but I too would like to see a new Hogan vs. Macho or Bret vs. Austin or Rock vs. Austin where it's the top current guys...     We haven't had much of that.  They've used Brock,  Triple H,  Undertaker,  Goldberg..  The Rock..  

When is it going to be okay to book current guy vs. current guy?

The problem [cranky old man] is they give away too many matchups on free tv![/cranky old man]. The brand split helps (as did Brock’s seldom appearances honestly), but there aren’t many current guy dream matches because we’ve seen most of them already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If hes a heel now, hook him up with Alexa again. 

This would be the only reason I'd ever turn Braun heel.  Even if you take the romantic part out of it having him do her bidding would be some amazing TV.

And count me in on the "he heeled with the wrong guys" camp.  It's almost like they hate giving the fans what they want (Wyatts reunion)  and instead pulling random shit like this out of their ass.

But hey, at least I had the latest Being the Elite as my palate cleaner.

• Like 1

Y'all made me google Trish Stratus to find out how old she is.  I'm trying to not think about what truly useful bit of information I've had to forget so I can remember Trish is 42.

Heels making fun of Trish's age would sit better with me if I didn't remember Meltzer's comment (5-10 years back) that Vince thought 35-year-old women were too old to be on TV.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm going to be so upset next week when The Bella Twins beat the Riott Squad.

As I said on Twitter, the countdown has started to Ronda making them both simultaneously tap out to her armbar. 

Wait, I thought Elias was supposed to be a heel? Last night he was to any decent person the biggest babyface on the entire planet. GOD BLESS ELIAS!!!

9 hours ago, Casey said:

I cringed when I saw that graphic. I have a bad feeling Sarah Logan will be eating that pinfall. It won't be Liv. We know she's Vince's type.

8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

The problem [cranky old man] is they give away too many matchups on free tv![/cranky old man]. The brand split helps (as did Brock’s seldom appearances honestly), but there aren’t many current guy dream matches because we’ve seen most of them already.

I don't disagree with your basic point about giving away matches, but I feel as though the brand split actually hurts that because there are smaller pools of guys to work with while keeping two top guys apart. That's my logic but I could be wrong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Casey said:

And when the Bellas escape having to do 50/50 booking with the Riott Squad, Sasha and Bayley are going to look on and remark "there's a way out of this cycle?"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, L_W_P said:

With Roman in a 6 man I’m hoping it means we get AJ v Joe 3 after HIAC. I could see them switching to AJ v Miz for a simple defence & maybe a Bryan v Joe #1 contender match for the work rate.

Bryan vs Miz #1 contenders match was also added for Super Showdown, so Styles/Joe 3 does seem likely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIShane said:

And when the Bellas escape having to do 50/50 booking with the Riott Squad, Sasha and Bayley are going to look on and remark "there's a way out of this cycle?"

With the way Nikki was eating pinfalls for Carmella, they ain’t getting off that easy lol