DVDVR Message Board

Raw is KO is All In - 8/27/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't think anyone here is a big enough scum bag and/or hack comedian to make an Owen Hart joke. It's obviously a Crow Sting reference.

Well, if you donned some suspenders, I could see you throwing your account’s set. 

• Haha 2

I'm worried about Braun getting Ryback'd.  Remember Ryback had a ton of momentum but they weren't ready for him to win the title so they booked him to get beat down repeatedly and then he eventually lost...  you guessed it a Hell in a Cell match and that was that.  

I think Braun will be okay after all this,  but it could really fuck up his momentum if they don't seriously protect him.  I don't think him joining Bray and Harper is just an internet fantasy booking idea because honestly it makes so much sense to do it.   Hardy is done.  Bray has nothing to do.  Rowan is hurt.  Harper has nothing to do.  It makes perfect sense and they could milk weeks out of Wyatts/Shield. 

• Like 2

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm worried about Braun getting Ryback'd.  Remember Ryback had a ton of momentum but they weren't ready for him to win the title so they booked him to get beat down repeatedly and then he eventually lost...  you guessed it a Hell in a Cell match and that was that.  

I think Braun will be okay after all this,  but it could really fuck up his momentum if they don't seriously protect him.  I don't think him joining Bray and Harper is just an internet fantasy booking idea because honestly it makes so much sense to do it.   Hardy is done.  Bray has nothing to do.  Rowan is hurt.  Harper has nothing to do.  It makes perfect sense. 

Nailed it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

After the KO Segment he deleted his tweets and just put up a few pictures. First batch was his big career moments. Then next batch was his recent bummers. Hopefully this leads to a meta gloomy on internet storyline. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/FightOwensFight

Those pictures were posted way earlier in the day.

Owens deletes his tweets all the time. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Corbin is going to do something with the briefcase, that much is clear. Braun gave it up presumably to lull Roman into thinking all would go well in their tag match, but he seems to be missing the big picture. He has no control over MITB now. And Corbin is just dangerous enough to do something dumb with it. Corbin trying to get a world title shot after goofing on his own MITB cash-in makes sense and any fallout with Braun makes sense if they draw on Corbin eliminating Strowman from the Royal Rumble a while back.

Corbin enters himself in the HIAC, gets pinned by Roman, then has to face the wrath of Braun. In a callback to Corbin singlehandedly eliminating Braun, to a big pop mind you, Braun will eliminate Corbin from the 2019 Royal Rumble en route to winning and then pointing at the WM sign for another two months.

After KO got squashed I started to wonder if he was going to have a "pipe bomb" moment. He wasn't at Raw the next day and so I thought that maybe sooner or later he was going to just unload on everyone.

Instead we got this.

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm worried about Braun getting Ryback'd.  Remember Ryback had a ton of momentum but they weren't ready for him to win the title so they booked him to get beat down repeatedly and then he eventually lost...  you guessed it...

rJ4tW7g.jpg

But seriously. He’ll end up in a better spot than how The Ryback ended up. He’s not injuring anybody and quite honestly, while he’s not my cup of tea, I’d rather watch Braun, and I don’t believe I am alone in that regard. So we shall see. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Raw is a bit light on top heels. Taking KO off the table, their top heels going into tonight were Corbin, Mahal, Ziggler and McIntyre. Corbin is with the Authority, so his position is firm. Mahal is mid-card. Despite being elevated since WM, no one cares what Ziggler does. McIntyre's interesting, but needs to separate from Ziggler for his face turn.

The Shield wasn't ever turning for various reasons. That only leaves Balor and Lashley. Balor, like Reigns, is too popular with women and kids to turn. And Lashley is sinking fast, so don't waste time with him.

That only leaves Braun who, based on being a well-protected monster, can be put in a flex position. He's heel against the Shield, will destroy Ziggler sooner or later to massive applause, while losing little ground. Braun is getting above alignment. And it keeps him in the main event circle.

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Braun will be okay after all this,  but it could really fuck up his momentum if they don't seriously protect him.  I don't think him joining Bray and Harper is just an internet fantasy booking idea because honestly it makes so much sense to do it.   Hardy is done.  Bray has nothing to do.  Rowan is hurt.  Harper has nothing to do.  It makes perfect sense and they could milk weeks out of Wyatts/Shield. 

Don't forget, they already nearly Ryback'd Braun once already. Then someone had the stroke of genius to book him in the "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU" moment where he destroys Roman all night and flips the ambulance. From that point on he's been bulletproof.

Until now. The other thing too is that Braun calling his shot for f'n Hell in a Cell just makes me think that Braun will lose and we'll either get the Shield triple threat for the title at WM or we'll get Roman vs the Rock at WM. I kinda thought that maybe for once they wouldn't go with a part timer and we'd get the two top guys in the company in Braun and Roman going at it, but it doesn't look that way now.

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That only leaves Braun who, based on being a well-protected monster, can be put in a flex position. He's heel against the Shield, will destroy Ziggler sooner or later to massive applause, while losing little ground. Braun is getting above alignment. And it keeps him in the main event circle.

That just makes him the Big Show 2.0, which is lame as fuck. It also gives the writing staff and Vince way too much credit that they won't just constantly keep flipping Braun like they did with Show.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

So who is winning the Hell in a Cell main event?

4 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

rJ4tW7g.jpg

I was soooo tempted to make the Frank Stallone joke when I saw FlaeBlazer's post. I'm glad another perfect opportunity for it didn't get wasted. Bravo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WWE is determined to keep Roman face since the Shield is still fairly over as a face stable, Braun had to be the guy to turn heel despite being a molten hot baby face right now.

With Brock gone back to UFC to hopefully get his ass beat by Daniel Cormier, the main event is without a major heel so for better or worse, that' Braun's job now. 

I don't like it, but it was a logical booking decision.

I am happy that Murder Bear will take some time off to maybe heal some nagging injuries and get repackaged.  Dude needs a break.

Just now, J.T. said:

With Brock gone back to UFC to hopefully get his ass beat by Daniel Cormier, the main event is without a major heel so for better or worse, that' Braun's job now.

Unless they call up Kona Reeves. 

But really, yeah. Now’s his time to uhh, shine. 

I just don't like the idea of booking people in roles that they've quite clearly either outgrown or do not fit as well as the one they were in.  

We talked a lot... A LOT about both Bayley and Sasha.  Both could have been bigger than they are and while they were on TV tonight they had nothing for them compared to the Alexa/Trish/Ronda stuff and now the Bellas are involved too.  

Over on Smackdown I love Becky and I think she'll do well in the new role but christ she's a natural babyface and Charlotte is a natural heel.  Why try to fit square pegs in round holes? 

And now this week you have Braun who is still massively over and listen.. the crowd did not want to see him heeling with Ziggler and McIntyre.  If it was a Wyatts thing it'd have been fine. 

• Like 2

While we're fantasy booking Corbin and the case, they pretty much established that the HiaC *is* Braun's cash in, he just called the shot.  Like, everyone point blank said it's the cash in.

Also,  WrestleMania main event should definitely be about huge marquee matches. Sure, sometimes that can mean bring in The Rock but I too would like to see a new Hogan vs. Macho or Bret vs. Austin or Rock vs. Austin where it's the top current guys...     We haven't had much of that.  They've used Brock,  Triple H,  Undertaker,  Goldberg..  The Rock..  

When is it going to be okay to book current guy vs. current guy?

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also,  WrestleMania main event should definitely be about huge marquee matches. Sure, sometimes that can mean bring in The Rock but I too would like to see a new Hogan vs. Macho or Bret vs. Austin or Rock vs. Austin where it's the top current guys...     We haven't had much of that.  They've used Brock,  Triple H,  Undertaker,  Goldberg..  The Rock..  

When is it going to be okay to book current guy vs. current guy?

Never.  Current guys aren't stars.  We need the stars to make Mania moments.  Because all Mania is now is Moments.

In 10 years, we'll get the guys that should be going over now going over guys that should be going over in 10 years.  The cycle must go unbroken.

• Like 6

Is it wrong that until I saw someone post a gif (here or Reddit, I don’t fucking remember), I had absolutely no recollection of the Boss Hug’s being on Raw?

I mean, I was doing NYT Crosswords on my phone, but still. I feel like I’ve gone full Stanley Hudson every Monday night. 

I could say the same for a lot of Raw every week, as it just seems to be background white noise for what has seemed to be a long time. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Over on Smackdown I love Becky and I think she'll do well in the new role but christ she's a natural babyface and Charlotte is a natural heel.  Why try to fit square pegs in round holes? 

When Finn turned heel and formed the Bullet Club, his reasons were nearly identical to Becky's.  He was tired of not getting the recognition he felt he deserved.  Becky tuning heel with that motive is perfectly fine.

The problem with Becky's booking is that the rationale didn't fit with the screwjob finish of the championship match. 

We wouldn't be talking about this if Charlotte's win didn't reek of opportunism, especially after being injected into the match and pretty much saying that she'd be happy no matter who won... and then dropping Becky on her head seconds before Becky would secure a victory by tap out and win her first single's title.

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

And now this week you have Braun who is still massively over and listen.. the crowd did not want to see him heeling with Ziggler and McIntyre.  If it was a Wyatts thing it'd have been fine. 

I agree totally.  Braun's heel turn would've made more sense if it had been linked to his former role with the Wyatt's.  Wyatt is incredibly over as a heel despite not really having produced too many quality matches.

• Like 1

Last year Braun got the big push and then beat by Brock clean. I hope this ends the same and we can finally move on.

The thing with the case is he told Corbin to "make sure he brings it" to HIAC, which is weird to not just keep hold of it to begin with, but what if he forgets to bring it.

27 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Those pictures were posted way earlier in the day.

Owens deletes his tweets all the time. 

Nope. First time.

In other news: right after Raw, Cena posted the hashtag #loveyourself . I think they're going to tie this into a storyline. 

2 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

Nope. First time.

In other news: right after Raw, Cena posted the hashtag #loveyourself . I think they're going to tie this into a storyline. 

Great. So John is gonna be Owens’ Stuart Smalley. 

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Is it wrong that until I saw someone post a gif (here or Reddit, I don’t fucking remember), that I had absolutely no recollection of the Boss Hug’s being on Raw?

They were a hot topic for a moment after the "I love you" segment last month, then they went nowhere and have been 'just there' ever since. Of course tonight was just a two minute Sasha match, but it was nice to see Dana get to do a little bit.

• Like 2