DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell X - 9/16/2018

ChesterCopperpot

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The kickoff panel will be Coach, Booker, Otunga, Sam Roberts and Peter Rosenberg

That legit is the worst panel they have ever done

What if ... they subbed out Booker for Lawler?

That would be the first show I'd avoid simply off the "strength" of the pre-show panel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, nate said:

What if ... they subbed out Booker for Lawler?

That would be the first show I'd avoid simply off the "strength" of the pre-show panel.

I've avoided most of the kick-off shows anyway. The "strength" of this panel will keep me away. Sam Roberts is tolerable on his radio show because of Jim Norton.  Peter Rosenberg is fine on The Michael Kay Show in very small doses.

That rule's not always foolproof. Before their match at Extreme Rules, Carmella got the last licks in against Asuka on the go-home show. The real problem with Braun blowing it is that he'll join the select company of other guys who dropped into limbo after they failed like Mr. Kennedy and Damien Sandow. Baron Corbin has only been allowed to stick around by cosplaying as Corporate Kane. 

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So last night was the go home show.  Roman stood tall over Braun.  Booking 101 would tell me that Roman wouldn't stand tall over him two weeks in a row?  I don't know..  

If that's the case, then Ambrose/Rollins don't win the tag titles. I'm fairly confident the story in play is for the Shield to have all the Raw men's belts.

Baron Corbin has proven to be a pretty inept authority figure, so I have no doubt that since he has possession of the briefcase, he's going to insert himself into the match and get pinned by Roman after Braun has been put through a table or something to keep him down. 

I have no doubt Raw doesn't open with The Shield all holding gold. Corbin gets fired, and Dolph might get his head kicked off when he and Drew don't win their rematch.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 7:23 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

If that's the case, then Ambrose/Rollins don't win the tag titles. I'm fairly confident the story in play is for the Shield to have all the Raw men's belts.

I could see this happening and then making the 6 man tag in Melbourne for both titles.

• Like 1

Well, no one gets to blade, and that finish doesn't work without blood. (It could, maybe, with a different submission. But the figure eight doesn't have any air/blood restricting component. At least the sharpshooter had a guy sitting on your torso, compounded with blood loss.)

More importantly, I don't think it works with the present character dynamics. Becky's whole thing is being done with winning moral victories because gosh, she really fought hard; and if Charlotte just beats her straight up, then she's been right all along. If you want a double turn and Charlotte retaining, I think some sort of cowardly escape win would be closer to the mark.

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

Well, no one gets to blade, and that finish doesn't work without blood. (It could, maybe, with a different submission. But the figure eight doesn't have any air/blood restricting component. At least the sharpshooter had a guy sitting on your torso, compounded with blood loss.)

More importantly, I don't think it works with the present character dynamics. Becky's whole thing is being done with winning moral victories because gosh, she really fought hard; and if Charlotte just beats her straight up, then she's been right all along. If you want a double turn and Charlotte retaining, I think some sort of cowardly escape win would be closer to the mark.

Well, they already did cowardly escape victory when Charlotte won the belt (which is why the heel turn failed with the crowd), so doing another would work, I suppose.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Becky not being aware of her surroundings in a sanctioned three way match doesn’t make Charlotte’s victory cowardly. 

Especially as the match also featured:

-Becky trying to roll Charlotte up from behind.

-Carmella tricking Becky into thinking Charlotte had slapped her.

-Charlotte trying to apologize to Becky mid-match and almost losing for it.

-Becky interrupting a Charlotte Figure 8 with a guillotine legdrop, in an analogous spot to the match's finish.

• Like 2

For what it's worth--maybe nothing!--a lot of network subscribers are getting one of those emails they periodically send out to promote an upcoming show "from a wrestler." Since I'm one of them: This one features Becky, asking you to watch her take the title from Charlotte; the video accompanying the promo prominently features Charlotte hitting the natural selection from behind, and just shows Becky punching her--but doesn't include any sneak attacks. Granted, it's her promo, so you'd expect it to take her side. But if you wanted to read too much into this, there's at least a bit of tweener angling going on.

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That would be cool but i don't think they want anyone getting color esp the women

I think the only time women have bled is when Charlotte gets minor scrapes. Also they won't blade, but they do seem to occasionally approve hard way like they did with Brock against Orton and Roman.