DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell X - 9/16/2018

ChesterCopperpot

Also a great Bret finish is Owen countering the victory role.

Hopefully, more Bryan/Miz. If I was booking this, Miz wins the title in December, refuses to wrestle Bryan, only for Daniel to win the Rumble. I see other people are sick of this feud, but they are wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I liked it that much that I seemed to have said it twice.

I'll use this post then to ask this question:

Where does Daniel Bryan go from here?

Hopefully, away from this boring Miz feud and into one with somebody able to work a different style match, rather than having the same one over and over and over.

47 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I see other people are sick of this feud, but they are wrong.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Hopefully, away from this boring Miz feud and into one with somebody able to work a different style match, rather than having the same one over and over and over.

As I was saying

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

As I was saying

Suit yourself, but that feud is incredibly boring. Imagine if Bret worked a never ending feud with the Honky Tonk Man, and was always made to look like an idiot at the end. That's what this feud is, and it sucks horribly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Suit yourself, but that feud is incredibly boring. Imagine if Bret worked a never ending feud with the Honky Tonk Man, and was always made to look like an idiot at the end. That's what this feud is, and it sucks horribly.

Honky is so much better than Miz. If he had feuded with Bret in 88 instead of Bad News, Bret would have been a singles star earlier. 

I do get your larger point. Miz is the greatest example of the modern regenerating heel. It doesn't matter if they lose, they will be on TV like nothing happened. They will probably win the rematch and get a title. You can guess the other regenerating villains. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

Eventually they will put the Smackdown women's belt back on Charlotte. And Bliss will fuck finish Ronda to win the Raw women's belt.

There's actually a strong chance Charlotte doesn't get the SDL belt back (setting up Becky for a long run), and her next, record-breaking win is against Ronda.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That pretty much was the Bret Hart-Jerry Lawler feud. It was awesome.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

That pretty much was the Bret Hart-Jerry Lawler feud. It was awesome.

At least Bret got the win in the end, sticking Lawler's foot in his own mouth.

10 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't see how a feud between arguably the best in ring performer on the show and the best all-around performer on the show is boring people. It's been fucking fantastic.

I don't enjoy the Miz at all. He wrestles the same match regardless of who his opponent is. I think his whole gimmick is stale. It feels like he's being doing it for years with no change. Like Victator said, he's one of those heels that if he does get beaten, he's on tv again like nothing happened. How many people have come out of a feud with him looking better than before? 

I would have loved Bryan's match against Almas a few weeks ago if its purpose wasn't to further Bryan vs. Miz. I want to watch Bryan against other wrestlers that can keep up with him: AJ, Joe, Almas, Nakamura, Luke Harper, Rusev, Cesaro, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't mind the Miz/Bryan feud at all I just wish their wives could wrestle....  I mean they are both just bad,  no other way to put it. Maryse is cool as a manager though. 

Outside of a few nice moves both Brie and Maryse were barely passable even during the diva era. I'm not sure why they put them into these matches knowing they have years of ring rust on top of the general mediocrity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Outside of a few nice moves both Brie and Maryse were barely passable even during the diva era. I'm not sure why they put them into these matches knowing they have years of ring rust on top of the general mediocrity.

And both having given birth in the last year and a half. That can't really help, especially Maryse less than six months ago.

But I thought the mixed tag did a nice job hiding them outside the finish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I feel like the only person who thinks that Brie is decent. She sells, shows lots of fire, knees people in the jaw. She busted Miz open hardway. It's all good to me.

Maryse is dreadful though.

I agree that Brie is decent. Botched dive aside, she's been doing acceptable wrestling. Nothing blow away great but decent enough. Maryse showed promise with her initial Diva's Title reign but she hasn't been good since after her injury. That's why I shudder at the thought of a singles match with her and Brie at Evolution. 

• Like 2

You guys sorta nailed the problem in a nutshell. Brie is at best decent, on a roster that includes women like Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, etc. "decent" is pretty weak. Marsye is not "decent" by any stretch of the imagination, she is a small step away from embarrassingly bad, she  needs someone a lot more talented than Brie to cover her many flaws, (the biggest being that she seemingly has forgotten all the fundamentals).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Well, do you think the people fantasy booking Miz-Brian to extend to Wrestlemania are thinking Miz should win in the end?

It's not the people fantasy booking that concerns me. It's the people actually booking. At every turn Bryan has been booked to be outsmarted by Miz. Why do I want to watch the superior wrestler repeatedly coming up short against an opponent he should beat fairly easily?

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

You guys sorta nailed the problem in a nutshell. Brie is at best decent, on a roster that includes women like Asuka, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, etc. "decent" is pretty weak. Marsye is not "decent" by any stretch of the imagination, she is a small step away from embarrassingly bad, she  needs someone a lot more talented than Brie to cover her many flaws, (the biggest being that she seemingly has forgotten all the fundamentals).

This is pretty much what I was insinuating before with the barely passable during the diva era comment. I actually like Maryse, but she was never more than passable in the ring despite having a lot of the character stuff down so well. I mean we complain about Alexa sometimes, but Maryse was never half as good as her. I remember Brie getting praised when she started doing Bryan's moves and a nice second rope dropkick, but she has just never had the athleticism to really keep up. She was a step below the other women even then. She is so much more behind now with so many indy talents and great athletes having been brought in. And that is on top of the lacking fundamentals you mentioned that has been brought upon by ring rust.

• Like 2