DVDVR Message Board

Hell In A Cell X - 9/16/2018

ChesterCopperpot

That was one hell of a PPV.  The only 2 matches I'd put below V. Good would be both Cell matches, and even then, the clusterfuck end of the Title match actually worked.  Like, I want Brock to be gone, but that was Cool Brock returning for a night.

• Like 3

I loved this show.  Every single match delivered.  There were some nasty spots in Orton/Hardy.    The tag titles match was very fast paced and entertaining.  Becky and Charlotte was real solid.   AJ and Joe was very good.  

Some interesting finishes too.   I liked how Becky won with a reversal and I loved how McIntyre interrupted the falcon arrow sequence for the win.  

AJ and Joe was a finish that's been done before but it was effective in protecting both and continuing the feud.  

Avoiding any commentary from anyone else. Jeff Hardy is maybe my least favorite wrestler ever. I also really dislike Randy Orton save for some specific runs. I haven’t watched too much WWE lately and barely rememebed they were beefing. I went into watching this (just started) not even knowing they were in the cage. Only reason I watched was because a cage and Jeff Hardy usually results in something nutty at least.

Glad I tuned in. That was so messed up in the best way possible. That screwdriver thing was a straight up freak show. The final bump was insane. 

Great great car wreck.

• Like 1

The main event...  I don't know.  I enjoyed all the craziness in and out of the ring.   Brock is hated by a lot of folks these days but he looked like a fuckin killer.  Heyman was awesome too macing Foley..  hilarious..   

My one gripe is this.  You cannot end a Hell in a Cell in a NO CONTEST..  it's anything goes,  it's the most dangerous match in WWE.   There has to be a winner there.  I didn't like that but everything else was cool.  

• Like 1

Great show until that bull shit heat killing finish all so nobody will forget that Brock is better than the rest of the current roster, so don't get emotionally invested in anyone who debuted after 2009 cuz at any given moment Brock can show up and destroy them. 

They HAD a star in Braun key word is had but they've spent the last year doing everything in their power to kill his heat just cuz they can. 

They show was good very good I had a blast watching it, I'm just a little worked up by how stupid that finish was in the Main. A no contest in a hell in a cell. Bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dolph Ziggler taking a career shortening, dangerous and stupid bump in a match he wasn't even involved in, is the most Dolph Ziggler thing ever.

He's waited his entire life for that moment.

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dolph Ziggler taking a career shortening, dangerous and stupid bump in a match he wasn't even involved in, is the most Dolph Ziggler thing ever.

Even worse a career shortening, dangerous, and stupid bump that the CAMERA COMPLETELY MISSED  ?

• Haha 2

I really enjoyed Charlotte/Becky, Shield/McZiggler (although I hated the outcome), and Joe/AJ (again, I wasn't thrilled with the outcome).

The finish of the mixed tag was embarrassingly bad. Maryse has no business being in a match. If I were a wrestler and took pride in what I did, I'd be offended by her being in a ring.

Nxt is still worth paying $10 a month for. Seinfeld on PIX11 will wash the taste of HIAC out of my mouth quite well.

• Like 3

I wonder where they go from here.  Brock still needs his rematch and Braun was screwed out of his Money in the Bank contract.  But I don't think they can end Roman's title reign yet.  Roman needs a soft challenger or two or maybe to have a Shield feud.  

I don't do fantasy booking but I wouldn't mind a Shield vs. Braun faction war for a while...  without the title on the line.  Then they can make the WWE title the focus for a while.  

A lot of good wrestling tonight. 

They are never going to take advantage of Rusev Day being insanely over.

Other than the screwdriver, Orton Hardy was terrible. But the screwdriver was awesome. Orton moved way to early on the final bump.

Becky/Charlotte was great and Charlotte got the beating she had coming. And then the loser tried to steal Becky's spotlight again.

It's staggering how much better a tag wrestler Rollins is than in singles. That was a fun match with a brilliant and perfectly executed finish.

AJ/Joe was great with a maddening finish. Again.

Mixed Tag was actually really good. I never want this feud to end.

Ronda was, again, really good. Match was good. 

I HATE the no contest, but the main was the insane spectacle and it did avoid either got jobbing. Curious if Brock is working Sydney. He looked lighter and quicker.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I wonder where they go from here.  Brock still needs his rematch and Braun was screwed out of his Money in the Bank contract.

Reigns vs. Braun vs. Brock at Survivor Series.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't do fantasy booking but I wouldn't mind a Shield vs. Braun faction war for a while...  without the title on the line.  Then they can make the WWE title the focus for a while.  

I'm all for Brock joining up with the AOP to level things out in a 3 faction war. Just have AOP take up Heyman as their manager and kick Drake to the side.

Watching Lesnar totally obliterate Strowman...he might as well be Ryback now.  Geez.

7 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Avoiding any commentary from anyone else. Jeff Hardy is maybe my least favorite wrestler ever. I also really dislike Randy Orton save for some specific runs. I haven’t watched too much WWE lately and barely rememebed they were beefing. I went into watching this (just started) not even knowing they were in the cage. Only reason I watched was because a cage and Jeff Hardy usually results in something nutty at least.

Glad I tuned in. That was so messed up in the best way possible. That screwdriver thing was a straight up freak show. The final bump was insane. 

Great great car wreck.

I can't say I'm a fan of either but watching Orton stick a screwdriver through Hardy's ear and then seeing Hardy getting a receipt by ripping Orton's back and leg into a bloody mess, it's definitely a rare WWE match where I was legit worried for the safety of everyone involved.  And WWE can fuck off if this show remains TV-PG.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I'm all for Brock joining up with the AOP to level things out in a 3 faction war. Just have AOP take up Heyman as their manager and kick Drake to the side.

I think that's a little lopsided :lol:   

Brock with AOP and Heyman would pretty much be Thanos and the Black Order 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was really surprised Becky won. I was sure that they were saving her win for Evolution. Really enjoyed her Vs Charlotte and thought the counter to the spear was a cool surprise way to end things. 

As much as I dislike a lot of Ronda’s out of the ring Stuff, she’s becoming a fine wrestler. I especially like her selling. Thought she and Bliss had a decent little match. I kept expecting Nattie to beat her ass post match though lol 

• Like 1