DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the United States of Nakamerica - 8/21/2018

Dolfan in NYC

The little girl yelling "LET THEM FIGHT!" in that was great. There were some neat fans tonight, like the little kids in the front row losing their shit, the honeymoon couple with the signs, the couple dancing to New Day's theme and later the guy doing the same solo. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The little girl yelling "LET THEM FIGHT!" in that was great. There were some neat fans tonight, like the little kids in the front row losing their shit, the honeymoon couple with the signs, the couple dancing to New Day's theme and later the guy doing the same solo. 

I thought that girl sounded like a drunken adult. The solo dancing guy was kinda sad. But definitely a better crowd then last night.

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

In case you were wondering what the live crowd reaction was (without Dunn's greasy fingerprints) 

Any recording from a fan cam is biased by the directly surrounding fans and is not necessarily representative of anything. 

We can all agree Becky was over tonight. But drawing conclusions from fan cams and fan accounts will always be a poor idea. 

• Like 2

Just now, chanandlerbong said:

I have no idea why but Big E being creepy is hysterical to me. Like the creepier it is, the better. 

My Sister feels differently, she can't stand Big E though she likes Dolph Ziggler. How opinions can differentiate between people.

6 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Maybe she should go for a different look to help get over the heel turn?

Im thinking platinum blonde hair, some new gear to show off her midriff, maybe put on a little “Meltzer Weight”??

Hide contents

In case you couldn’t tell; I was being sarcastic.

I tried getting that joke over regarding the Sasha discussion, it didn't work with the old school DVDR crowd. We need a board Vince to push that routine down peoples' throats until they give in or are all gone. 

To be fair, the turn itself was done well enough in my mind. Especially around big events there is a huge meta crowd supporting whom they like, no matter how they are scripted. And WWE has been better booking heels over the last few years, so maybe it is for the better. 

• Like 1

God bless Becky. She really tried but that crowd was not here for it. She had a great promo but, short of sacrificing a baby in the ring, there’s no way that they were going to boo her. Lol The progression of this feud should be interesting to watch. 

Great to see Naomi back. And, as much as it would have been cool to see her win, Peyton needed the win wayyyyyy more. Hoping this leads into some sort of feud. Maybe have Naomi team up with Lana, like  they alluded weeks ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Maybe she should go for a different look to help get over the heel turn?

Im thinking platinum blonde hair, some new gear to show off her midriff, maybe put on a little “Meltzer Weight”??

Hide contents

In case you couldn’t tell; I was being sarcastic.

So...about that:

It's hilarious that not only did that crowd refuse to boo Becky, she's got a stronger babyface reaction than she's gotten the past three years.

She's miscast as a heel.  Charlotte is miscast as a face.  So I assume WWE will continue to book the feud that way.

I half expected Big E to turn heel last night.  Weird stuff from him.

I'm probably in the minority but i won't miss the Bludgeon Brothers.  They seem pretty limited to squash matches (Rowan is awful in the ring, neither one can talk, etc.).  Much prefer to see their tv time given to the Bar, Usos, whoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Player One said:

It's hilarious that not only did that crowd refuse to boo Becky, she's got a stronger babyface reaction than she's gotten the past three years.

She's miscast as a heel.  Charlotte is miscast as a face.  So I assume WWE will continue to book the feud that way.

I half expected Big E to turn heel last night.  Weird stuff from him.

Regarding the former, if we're going off of the YouTube video, WWE may already be pivoting to keep Becky as  the babyface.

Regarding the latter, what's weird about getting ribs from a Chinese food joint?

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, you kinda had to expect the New Day to get the belts again.    But congrats on their 5th reign now. 

Yeah, with Rowan on the shelf for a couple of months after his torn bicep, the belts had to come off of the Brothers.

53 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Becky has skyrocketed to #3 on my lifetime Justified Heel Turns list.

Charlotte Flair had that beatdown coming to her.

Okay, I'll bite.  Who or whom are #1 and 2?  

Oh, and fuck Charlotte. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Player One said:

I'm probably in the minority but i won't miss the Bludgeon Brothers.  They seem pretty limited to squash matches (Rowan is awful in the ring, neither one can talk, etc.). 

Luke Harper is okay on the mic if you limit him to catchphrase delivery.

YOU CAN SEND ANYONE, BUT DON'T SEND SOMEONE THAT YOU WANT TO COME BACK~!

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, I'll bite.  Who or whom are #1 and 2?  

Oh, and fuck Charlotte. 

1. Macho turning on Hogan over the Elizabeth bullshit.  Don't mess with another man's wife.  Guy Code 101...

2. The Rock's first heel turn / Die, Rocky, Die!

Number Three used to be Samoa Joe's heel turn in NXT and the subsequent beatdown of Finn Balor.  Joe being told he had to earn his title shot was bullshit.  The list of the men that Joe has beaten over the years en route to title runs could sub for a HoF entry ballot.  Joe does not have to earn shit.  He deserves a shot because he is Samoa fucking Joe.  It's that simple  Give the man his championship opportunity when he asks for it.

Barry Windham turning on Dustin Rhodes for keeping him from pinning Steamboat is probably Number Five.   HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT WE ARE TRYING TO WIN TITLES, MOTHER FUCKER~?  STEAMBOAT IS NOT YOUR PARTNER, I AM~!

• Like 8