DVDVR Message Board

SDL is the United States of Nakamerica - 8/21/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Satan bless that crowd. They were hot for everything, and what's more they refused to let Becky turn them (which, btw, was a total money promo from her). Overall the entire show was slightly off the rails and culminating in a garbage match with a title change was perfect. 

The cherry on top? Orton getting wrecked. I looked up just in time for the nutshot and what followed was glorious. 

• Like 2

I am sad that after Becky cutting a money promo and the crowd refusing to let her turn, that her and Charlotte had the most unconvincing pull apart I've seen in years.  That was pretty bad.

• Like 1

So the order of people most likely to kill you with a smile on your face on the Smackdown roster is:

1. Becky Lynch

2. Samoa Joe

3. Luke Harper

I am 100% down for Becky taking arms and names in her conquest for her title. I just don't know how they hold off letting her win the strap till Evolution. The next three Smackdown's take place in Toronto, Detroit, and Lafayette. Yeah they're really gonna need to swap Flair and Lynch because she ain't getting booed for awhile.

39 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I am sad that after Becky cutting a money promo and the crowd refusing to let her turn, that her and Charlotte had the most unconvincing pull apart I've seen in years.  That was pretty bad.

Not everyone’s going to be as wonderfully physical as Brock Lesnar. But it looked like literally nobody involved in this shitshow was interested in going inside on anybody. 

I didn't really care because the chaos of everybody in (and out) of the ring made up for the slap-fighting. 

So we got tonight

- Smug Miz getting his

- Orton destroyed

- Becky kills it, chaos in ring

- Solid enough mixed tag with Rusev winning and successful help from Aiden

- Barely comprehensible Shinsuke promo

- Evil fuckin' Joe

- Killer Bludgeons/New Day No DQ w/title change

in front of a crowd that was big on everything. And I guess Naomi and Festus' English accent. Color me happy.

• Like 2

Money promo from Becky. Love that she tried to heel, the crowd wouldn’t let her & now we get an awesome shades of grey rivalry with her & Flair.

I didn’t realise Rowan was hurt so I was expecting some Big E, Sanity or Uso involvement. Left field pick but could Ohno pull off the Bludgeon look as the 3rd brother?

Great show. Wonder if we get any NXT call ups next week for either brand?

I liked pretty much everything about this episode of SDL.   They have a lot to build on. Samoa Joe is Styles' best opponent in ages. 

I could have did without Naomi coming back and then jobbing;  she should be involved more in the title scene.  I loved the Becky promo it had some Sting to it,  I can't believe they are rolling with her as a heel but hey at least she has something to Sting her teeth into. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well I think Dave might've been a bit wrong about WWE wanting Becky to get a face pop Sunday

Gee, ya think. They literally did the same fucking thing with Bayley just a couple months ago. Dave remembers this shit except for when it actually matters. Anyone with half a brain could see this heel turn failing miserably. People love Becky. She's probably the most pure babyface woman on the roster and a babyface that actually got over as a babyface. So of course in Vince's never ending feud against the audience it's Becky, the natural face, that needs to turn heel and not Charlotte, the natural heel. This company is so fucking stupid that I wonder why I watch.

And then I think, well, Jeff Hardy really beat the shit out of Orton, Joe is delightfully evil, and the New Day won the titles in a killer garbage match so I guess they hooked me again for another week.

• Like 4

It will be amusing to see how long the Becky thing is self sustaining. Can we get weeks or months of these two waiting to see who gives in a quits first:

Vince (sitting on top of nerd fan punching him with the fan's own hand): Stop hitting yourself. Why are you hitting yourself?

Fans (tearing up, lips trembling): I love hitting myself. I'm enjoying this. You're the one who's failing because hitting myself feels great!

Vince: Fine, then I guess you'll just keep hitting yourself then.

Fans: Good, because it's the funnest thing!

Vince: Fine!

Fans: Great!

• Like 2