DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 135: Gaethje vs. Vick (8/25/2018) - Lincoln, NE (Pinnacle Bank Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_Fight_Night_Lincoln_Gaethje_vs._Vick

UFC Fight Night 135: Gaethje vs. Vick 
August 25, 2018
Lincoln, NE (Pinnacle Bank Arena)

Justin Gaethje (156) vs. James Vick (156) - Gaethje, KO (punch), R1 (1:27)
Michael Johnson (146) vs. Andre Fili (146) - Johnson, DEC (split)
Cortney Casey (115.5) vs. Angela Hill (115.5) - Casey, DEC (split)
Jake Ellenberger (170) vs. Bryan Barberena (170) - Barberena, TKO (punches), R1 (2:26)
John Moraga (125.5) vs. Deiveson Alcântara (125) - Alcântara, TKO (punches), R2 (3:08)
Eryk Anders (185.5) vs. Tim Williams (185) - Anders, KO (head kick), R3 (4:42)

Fox Sports 2 Preliminary Card:
James Krause (170.5) vs. Warlley Alves (171) - Krause, KO (jumping knee and punches), R2 (2:28)
Iuri Alcântara (136) vs. Cory Sandhagen (135) -  Sandhagen, TKO (punches), R2 (1:01)
Andrew Sanchez (185) vs. Markus Perez (186) - Sanchez, DEC (unanimous)
Mickey Gall (169) vs. George Sullivan (170.5) - Gall, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (1:09)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Joanne Calderwood (125.5) vs. Kalindra Faria (125) - Calderwood, SUB (armbar), R1 (4:57)
Drew Dober (156) vs. Jon Tuck (155.5) - Dober, DEC (unanimous)
Rani Yahya (136) vs. Luke Sanders (135.5) - Yahya, SUB (heel hook), R1 (1:31)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Eryk Anders
Performance of the Night: Justin Gaethje
Fight of the Night: Iuri Alcântara vs. Cory Sandhagen

Attendance: 6,409
Gate: $478,337
Rating: 596,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Angela Hill vs. Alexa Grasso - Injury to Grasso (Knee)
Andrew Sanchez vs. Antônio Braga Neto - Injury to Neto

I suggest people track down Sandhagen vs. Alcantara. Marajo gumby'd one of Sandhagen's arms, Sandhagen somehow escaped, and then he proceeded to beat the everloving shit out of Marajo as payback.

• Like 3

Anders scraping that by with 15 seconds left on the clock was shocking, at least to me -- he wasn't impressing at all the entire rest of the fight for having those odds in his favor. Then the kick, and apparently him and the ref were psychically linked as they both declare the match over immediately haha

Holy fuck that KO. That was what I was expecting from Gaethje the last two times, and when we didn't get that ... I thought maybe Vick would pull this one off. Nope.

Sandhagen/Alcantara was awesome. Impressive wins from Figueiredo, Cortney Casey, & Gall. Also loved Calderwood's win.

• Like 2

Lots of good fights on the card and a rad KO in the main event. Vick looked good early but once Gaethje, whose footwork I'm not a fan of, got him against the cage a minute in it was not a good sign. But yeah, the Sandhagen/Alcantara fight was all sorts of bad ass. 

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Casey/Hill was really good but I had Hill over Casey. The last round was just about as fast and impactful as the first. 

I had the fight on mute because I was trying to watch three or four things at once. However, with no commentary to sway me, it looked like Angela Hill was regularly outlanding Casey.