DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Fuck The Shield - 8/20/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Giggling like a toddler through that entire main event and Shield reunion. It's been awhile since I felt that much enjoyment from the sheer mayhem of booking like that.

That was fun and for the first time ever I genuinely felt bad for Roman when it looked like maybe they were just using him to hotshot the belt onto Braun.

• Like 2

I liked that I just wish there was more foreshadowing going on beyond "we need a way for Braun to not get the belt".   Because there's been plenty of times where Seth could have used Roman's help and vice versa over the past 6 months and they NEVER DO...   

One more thing that didn't make sense -  Finn Balor becomes "DEMON" for Constable Corbin but not for a title match?   Why?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It might have just been good acting but some of the women out there looked like they couldn't have given two fucks about the Stephanie speech and Ronda coming out.  It's always kinf of dumb to bring all the women out like that anyway.   They don't bring out Lashley and Braun and have them stand around for nothing so why do it with the females. 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

It might have just been good acting but some of the women out there looked like they couldn't have given two fucks about the Stephanie speech and Ronda coming out.  It's always kinf of dumb to bring all the women out like that anyway.   They don't bring out Lashley and Braun and have them stand around for nothing so why do it with the females. 

I thought it was kind of weird but also funny that none of the heels stepped into rescue Stephanie. Everyone there was like

949c38558eb7dda57eaa77e6fc61baff.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked that I just wish there was more foreshadowing going on beyond "we need a way for Braun to not get the belt".   Because there's been plenty of times where Seth could have used Roman's help and vice versa over the past 6 months and they NEVER DO...   

I’m just gonna pretend they needed Ambrose back to file the necessary paperwork. 

I love it, so I’m willing to be generous, and everyone involved looks better for now. The Shield prevented what would have been a somewhat “unjust” cash-in—except it literally, according to the contract, isn’t, so Braun can be rightly pissed. Hell, even Finn can claim plausible distraction (and at least was in one of Raw’s best matches this year). Everyone having clear motivations and plausible perspectives to do wild violence is all I ask for. 

Sasha with her “I’m booked to lose tonight” face while accepting Rousey’s compliment was another highlight for me.

• Like 6

I love proud nxt papa HHH. Mother hen of the women's division Stephanie on the other hand...

I will always mark out when SIERRA...HOTEL...INDIA...ECHO...LIMA...DELTA...SHIELD hits. I like that CM Punk's voice wasn't replaced in the Shield intro. I'm glad Rollins and Ambrose came out in the swat gear. 

I know it's already been said, but Finn not coming out as the Demon for a title match, but for Baron fucking Corbin makes no sense.

Who would I stick with Braun to combat The Shield? The Authors of Pain. They could have some fun six man tags that might be reminiscent of The Shield/Wyatt's.

• Like 7

Other thing I didn't really like. The "I don't know  if the bell rang, I don't think he cashed" line from Cole, and obvious Braun keeping his briefcase aspect to it all.

Makes the Shield look like idiots for not waiting another 30 seconds for the bell to ring. Also, I think it adds a great layer of heat if the Shield have screwed him out of the briefcase, and necessitating a chase to get his rightful shot at Roman. 

Instead, with the way Braun's been booked, he's going to look weak if he doesn't dispose of Ambrose and Rollins and gets his fair shot at Roman in under a month.

3 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

This is beyond a meme now. She is either trolling someone intentionally or needs someone backstage *cough*Hunter*cough* to tell her to pull her head in.

Well she was by far the most over woman in that six woman tag...  it sucks they have nothing for her she should be a star.   I'd love a FRUSTRATED ISN'T THE GODDAMN WORD FOR IT from her. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

Finn needs to explain that the Demon is a severely dramatic diva, and needs advanced booking in order to assemble a properly dramatic entrance—and even then, he can’t confirm whether it’ll ultimately show up at all.

So The Demon is Barbara Streisand?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One more thing that didn't make sense -  Finn Balor becomes "DEMON" for Constable Corbin but not for a title match?   Why?  

Used all his makeup last night?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well she was by far the most over woman in that six woman tag...  it sucks they have nothing for her she should be a star.   I'd love a FRUSTRATED ISN'T THE GODDAMN WORD FOR IT from her. 

...Preferably holding a blackjack over an unconscious Ronda Rousey.

• Haha 2

Why didnt Corbin say that it was wrong for the ref to ring the bell for the Demon if there going to try and play it as Corbin doesnt know Finn is the Demon. Then say that because Finn didnt come to the ring he has ordered WWE officals to change the final of the match to a count out win for himself? Also if Corbin was against Finn vs Roman at the start of the show why once he was acting GM did he let it happen?