DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Fuck The Shield - 8/20/2018

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Victator said:

I took Bray with Matt as being in a holding pattern. That could be me waiting for him to betray Matt. 

Bray and Braun have a real life friendship so I think that would help them as a team. 

Isn’t Matt on the shelf, possibly finished (At least for now...)?

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

Roman/Finn was good stuff as expected. Loved seeing the Shield reunion tonight. I do ope they go for the tag belts soon. I prefer them vs. Revival though over a potential B-Team match.

I dunno, you just got one title out of no one being able to challenge for it, thus opening up title opportunities for more wrestlers, it seems like a waste to put them all three guys, thus narrowing your options again. 

1 hour ago, caley said:

I dunno, you just got one title out of no one being able to challenge for it, thus opening up title opportunities for more wrestlers, it seems like a waste to put them all three guys, thus narrowing your options again. 

Let's see if WWE.com has anything on this issue?

...Oh boy.

001_WWE_prelim_19_2348--59a98f0652740076 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

These sorts of collections and policies on how people treat their collections always come off as odd until you recall stuff you collect yourself. 

I'm looking at my vinyl copy of the soundtrack to Iron Eagle II that I carefully washed in a $75 spin cleaner an placed in a pristine new record sleeve and so there is little I can add about this that is in any way judgy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If they go that route, a Strowman-Wyatt feud is almost inevitable.

Strowman has done nothing to deserve that!

Screw Braun, he'll be fine. I worry about Harper getting lost in the shuffle. He and Rowan were finally looking like world beaters, and then this happens.

• Like 1

If we get anything close to this, I'll be happy. Although, we never really got a conclusive finish. To whomever said Harper can't talk in the Smackdown thread, it isn't about how much you say, it's what you say and how you say it.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It’s hard to say. Presumably he asked his barber to do... that. 

You know I realized the biggest hole in that story. Jeff Jarrett was not in a bar. 

With Rowan down with his injury, they could move Harper over to Raw for a reunited Wyatt Family vs Shield.  But WWE booking is close to 2000 WCW booking where you can't really guess what they are going to do based on logic. Monday they might pretend the Shield never reunited and have Jinder challenge for the title.  

39 minutes ago, Victator said:

But WWE booking is close to 2000 WCW booking where you can't really guess what they are going to do based on logic. Monday they might pretend the Shield never reunited and have Jinder challenge for the title.  

If it was 2000 WCW booking, Braun would be a Fat Chick Thrilla' (tm) and the Shield would have 20 guys in various colours of flak jackets and Ric Flair would still be getting pinned in world title matches.

Nothing is as bad as 2000 WCW booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In a lot of ways I find WWE booking more frustrating. Because WWE will have a good premise and seemingly muck it up on purpose. Most 2000 WCW stuff never had a shot at being good. 

Actually let me state Russo 2000 WCW booking. I think the Sullivan regime and the post Russo stuff is better than WWE booking. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Victator said:

In a lot of ways I find WWE booking more frustrating. Because WWE will have a good premise and seemingly muck it up on purpose. Most 2000 WCW stuff never had a shot at being good. 

Actually let me state Russo 2000 WCW booking. I think the Sullivan regime and the post Russo stuff is better than WWE booking. 

Agreed. Invasion from 2001, Nexus in 2010, Summer of Punk II in 2011 etc...

• Like 2