DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Fuck The Shield - 8/20/2018

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Like I said, definitely not judging. I was genuinely asking if people wear shoes they buy as a collector's item.

I wear some of them but like I was saying before they'll still go right back in the box after,  I'll only wear them at certain times.  I have other sneakers for work and everyday living. 

I assume everyone is talking about hair dye and shoes to sidestep the fact that Dean Ambrose had a wrestling match tonight, the highlight of which was his new offense.

His loose-ass strikes always looked like shit so seeing angry-face Ambrose start off the match with chain-wrestling was weird enough. Then he busts out these new power moves that looked genuinely good.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I assume everyone is talking about hair dye and shoes to sidestep the fact that Dean Ambrose had a wrestling match tonight, the highlight of which was his new offense.

His loose-ass strikes always looked like shit so seeing angry-face Ambrose start off the match with chain-wrestling was weird enough. Then he busts out these new power moves that looked genuinely good.

I was half in my phone, but those clotheslines had something behind them. 

I'm a fan of the guy. I really hope he puts it all together. 

• Like 1

I'm on the west coast, so I avoided this RAW thread, but I saw the "Fuck the Shield" title. I spoiled most of the show for myself, but went into the main event totally fresh. I laughed pretty hard when the shield's music hit and thus this thread title all came together! ? 

I really got into the last few minutes of the women's match. HHH on RAW is so bipolar whether we're supposed to hate him or cheer him, but he cut a hell of a promo to get the crowd behind him. I liked the promo too. 

So, ZERO Brock tonight? I thought Meltzer noted specifically that Brock's contract expired tonight, and then everybody (we) started fantasy booking different possibilities with RAW in mind; maybe they'd swerve us at SS, but then Roman would win on RAW, or vice versa or whatever. Heyman said Hell in a Cell; does that automatically put Brock in that conversation? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I think the real reason that Finn wasn't the Demon, is that he only had 2 hours between getting a title match and the match actually starting, and all that painting takes time.

Well sure if you want to be reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cristobal said:

And no wacky rebound lariat! The transition into the Dirty Deeds at the end was pretty swank, too.

• Like 1

Couple of random things 

- For some reason there was this speculation that somehow the Bludgeon Brothers were going to be moved over to help Braun. That obviously isn't happening and that isn't even factoring in the fact they are tag champs AND tha Erick Rowan supposedly got hurt... again.

- Bray is at least free to do it since they did breakup the Bray/Matt Hardy team (even if it was only on social media)

- As per usual - always amusing when WWE production is able to be ready for a surprise return with music and graphics.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- As per usual - always amusing when WWE production is able to be ready for a surprise return with music and graphics.

I mean they probably have a hard drive of everyone’s themes and videos in the truck so they can be ready for surprise returns

23 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I mean they probably have a hard drive of everyone’s themes and videos in the truck so they can be ready for surprise returns

I always picture it like the lady in this scene - complete with the WWE still using carts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and bleach her skin

I presume that would make Vince happy.

You are both wrong. She is quite simply "too light"...

Lord, somebody will take this seriously, I'm sorry...she is of course exceedingly attractive. 

(For real though, just kidding. I'll stop and contribute.) 

I only saw highlights of Raw, but I thought the Shield and the main event in general came across as quite over with the fans. Surprised to hear it wasn't the case. 

I really hope Brock Lesnar stays away from WWE. Far, far away. And I really like the idea of Reigns as a "fighting champion" who releases the hounds. It could make for a very interesting dynamic. 

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well she was by far the most over woman in that six woman tag...  it sucks they have nothing for her she should be a star.   I'd love a FRUSTRATED ISN'T THE GODDAMN WORD FOR IT from her. 

This.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm disappointed in Liv Morgan - her shoe game was weak tonight. The Homage 2 Home Jordans are the worst thing ever, I thought she'd know better.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

When you are a collector like I am sometimes you are buying J's that are more for the sake of owning them than for personal preference 

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know anything about shoe collectors, but do you generally wear shoes you only bought so you could have them?

I wondered about shoe collectors as well. Thanks for enlightenment.

• Like 1

Finn could always just pull a great Muta and get a custom mask made. That with a Rey Mysterio body suit and boom...The Demon shows up when ever he wants.

I thought RAW started off good enough last night, but by 10 PM I was so bored by the whole show. Of course Stephanie had to make the Evolution PPV about herself. When I was at Takeover, I swear they showed a video to the crowd and the first clips of "then and now" were Stephanie.  Of course my eyes are getting Stan Hansen-esq bad so I couldn't exactly see in focus. But I remember reading the plan was for Ronda to be a female Stone Cold of sorts. So instead of stunners, she breaks arms. 

After that though the show just kept going down hill.

I like The B Team. I like The Revival. But the WWE does nothing to make me care about tag wrestling on RAW or want to watch their matches which is sad since all four guys are good and deserve better than that kind of apathy. 

We all wanted Ambrose to turn heel, well he kinda did. Just in typical WWE fashion they don't give us what we want. Poor Dean is gonna be in a holding pattern until the next Superstar trade. He needs to go back to Smackdown.

I have to agree with the sentiments here that everyone came out of the main looking like a huge, huge star. I really hope the Shield isn't immediately rushed into a break-up angle, because as mentioned by others, I really need some of those six man tags in my life. I saw a Shield/Wyatts match on a house show in 2014 that was so good, I'll sometimes watch other peoples' cell phone videos on YouTube of it. Those kinds of matches, especially the Evolution matches on PPV, really helped give my fandom a second wind of sorts.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Well, for one, she gets all of her shoes for free from Champs Sports (like Sasha does). But, I get where you're coming from because I'm a sneakerhead too. Which is why I'm always talking about her shoes every Monday night. I'm pretty sure it was like, last week or the week before, she wore my favorite pair of Js - the New Love 1s.

I paid $190 for a pair from 2009 that I've worn maybe 5 times since I got them.

Dude do you have a hookup for Nike 6.0s from around that time? The SBs they make now suck and are way too narrow for my big ol clown feet. 

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I will always mark out when SIERRA...HOTEL...INDIA...ECHO...LIMA...DELTA...SHIELD hits. I like that CM Punk's voice wasn't replaced in the Shield intro.

It’s not Punk, it’s Seth... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I looked it up on cagematch. Surprisingly the Curt Hawkins loss record isn't gimmicked. He's 209 matches without a win (so slightly lower than their number) Last time he won was against Apollo Crews on 8 Nov 2016. He only has two other wins prior to that after re-signing with them the previous month (a dark match and a house show)

I really look forward to WWE continuing the trend they started with Bayley of having over babyfaces do something creative thinks is a heel turn, but to the audience it's a face finally standing up for themselves and not taking shit anymore, which just gets that person over as a face even more.

So first Bayley, then Becky. Braun, you're up. Dean Ambrose, you're on deck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

I really look forward to WWE continuing the trend they started with Bayley of having over babyfaces do something creative thinks is a heel turn, but to the audience it's a face finally standing up for themselves and not taking shit anymore, which just gets that person over as a face even more.

So first Bayley, then Becky. Braun, you're up. Dean Ambrose, you're on deck.

When has Braun ever taken shit from anybody?