DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: WEEK 1

Dolfan in NYC

You have survived another offseason.  The first games are this week, first games that matter are next week.  But in the meantime, WE.  HAVE.  RANKINGZ~!

#1 giphy.gif

#2 giphy.gif

#3 giphy.gif

#4 giphy.gif

#5 giphy.gif

ALSO... in other super cool The Ohio State news, fired coach Zach Smith allegedly had sex with a female staffer AND took dick pics at the White House, *with* the Presidential seal in them. 

(I'm debating whether or not the latter is awesome or not.  Leaning to yes.)

I was going to make a snide joke about some team taking a beating for a million-plus dollars, but, uh...wow, all these games on Saturday completely suck.  I'll have to come up with a snide joke about the season being too long instead. Something something more concussions?

2 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

I thought it was just dick picks at the white house not sex AND

The boning was in the Ohio athletic facilities.  The Favre pics were at the White House.

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I was going to make a snide joke about some team taking a beating for a million-plus dollars, but, uh...wow, all these games on Saturday completely suck.  I'll have to come up with a snide joke about the season being too long instead. Something something more concussions?

Why are Purdue and Northwestern playing each other on 8/30?  Since when does the B1G play conference games as their openers?

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Why are Purdue and Northwestern playing each other on 8/30?  Since when does the B1G play conference games as their openers?

Ohio State played Indiana in the opener last season. Basically a way to get the opening Thursday night ESPN slot.

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2018/0#.W3t0hbgnaCg

Television listing for week zero.

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly/football2018/1#.W3t0tbgnaCg

Television listing for the actual opening weekend. The opening Thursday schedule sucks, I liked it better when ESPN managed to get a couple of quality opening night games.

San Diego State-Stanford is probably the best Friday night game.

The Trustees of The Ohio State are currently discussing Urban's fate.  He's on campus and awaiting the University President's decision.  

I'm guessing he'll be on the sidelines on 9/1 when the Buckeyes hang 100 on Oregon State. 

Oooh the most weasely possible move. Admit he handled this terribly, but slap his wrist with two non-conference games and Rutgers. 

I might honestly have respected the decision more if they just ignored it. At least then they wouldn't be trying to save face while not risking any crucial games.

Hide players getting money, near death penalty.  Cover up domestic abuse, 3 games.

I swear, all amateur sports leagues and governing bodies need to be glassed and everything started over.

• Like 2

Guess they figured covering up serious, long term domestic violence made them at them at worst the fourth biggest bunch of shitheads in the Big 10. 

Meanwhile, my school's $75 million coach looks to be under investigation before he's coached a game.  Closest thing I can think of there is legendary Alabama head coachMike Price, and even he only got investigated by the school, not the NCAA.

16 hours ago, Raziel said:

Hide players getting money, near death penalty.  Cover up domestic abuse, 3 games.

I swear, all amateur sports leagues and governing bodies need to be glassed and everything started over.

I thought the point of vitrification was that it's the Ultimate Scorched Earth, though.  At least that's what the Halo games taught me. 

Well, I *hope* that's what they taught me.

But yeah, let's not besmirch a "good man's reputation" any more than this...I've never been more ashamed of being from Ohio.  And that? That right there? That's saying a whole Hell of a lot about North Kentucky and The North Kentucky State University.

Of course Meyer is vile and disgusting and the "penalty" was a sick joke but it's somewhat odd that this seems to be getting far more outrage than the Maryland coach who basically killed a kid and had an assistant take the blame (and getting a huge check walking out the door on top of it). People in that situation should end up behind bars.

21 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Good boy.

I picture Georgia trying to do that with Uga and running through a mess of early-season mascot funerals...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Can we have Baylor nuked off the face of the earth?  Please? 

Bomb the entire campus until nothing is left but rubble, have everyone piss on it and then pour salt on it so that no living thing can ever grow on it again.

• Like 2