DVDVR Message Board

SDL is 8 Years in the Making - 8/14/18

Niners Fan in CT

Those video packages were good stuff, and Miz and Mrs. even got a second season announced tonight. I also like the way they're continuing to build up the Becky/Charlotte story, with their tag match actually having continuity from last week's with Becky refusing to tag Charlotte in near the end, (Its a small thing, but its careful detail like that which makes the matches feel like they have purpose rather than being random filler.) and Becky later leaving Charlotte hanging on tea-time. Hoping they get a chance to have a major singles feud after Summerslam, preferably with the belt involved unless WWE really wants to keep this Carmella reign going.

Its also really cool that both go-home shows opened with 30 minutes of build for the women's title matches.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love Bludgeon Brothers squashes. I hope they keep the titles at Summerslam. I really want a Bludgeon Brothers/Sanity feud. That would take me back to the days of Demolition vs. Powers of Pain.

Except for the fact that Powers of Pain were treated like actual shitkickers and Sanity are the 1988 version of the Bolsheviks.  I would have loved a feud too before I realized they were Smackdown's answer to the Authors of Pain.  Seriously, Authors of Pain were a shit team that actually earned my respect.  And apparently both teams did all that for nothing since they are still being treated as shit.

• Like 1

1 - Bludgeon Brothers to hold the titles until the Rumble when they lose to the team of Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura. 

2 - Nak and Orton then drop the belts to R-Truth and Tye Dillinger on a random ep of SDL, split up, and face each other at Mania while Tye/Truth get squashed by the Bludgeons on the Mania Pre-Show.

3 - War Raiders debut after Mania for the 'HOSS WARZ'.

4 - Profit

• Like 1

Loved the women opening the show again. I like what they are doing building Charlotte vs. Becky. One of them really needs to win the belt at Summerslam.

The video packages for Bryan vs. Miz were great. They could easily end up stealing the show.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Loved the women opening the show again. I like what they are doing building Charlotte vs. Becky. One of them really needs to win the belt at Summerslam.

The video packages for Bryan vs. Miz were great. They could easily end up stealing the show.

They're carrying their segments well. Also feel that logically, Becky should be SDL women's champ by Evolution at latest, though I fear online fans are going to ignore the careful storytelling if Charlotte wins this Sunday.

5 hours ago, Morganti said:

I actually think they have two cool stories they can tell will Charlotte and Becky.  

The ending should still be Becky as champ coming out of Evolution though 

Absolutely. I imagine that's the end-game here, especially if they're going to transition to Ronda/Charlotte afterwards.  I also like that even their social media stuff is pushing the story. Becky's tweet (and her instagram stories post, which I highly recommend) is presenting her as absolutely confident she's winning the title at Summerslam, whereas Charlotte's is about Becky leaving her hanging on tea-time:

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Miz/Bryan have a chance to cement this as one of the greatest feuds in WWE history with a great match Sunday.

An argument could be made that a short match with a shitty finish would be much better for the feud.  If the Miz wins.  If he isn't winning then it would be pretty stupid.  

The weird thing about the videos is that even though the Miz is the clear heel and a jerk, Daniel Bryan kind of comes off like an asshole as well.  The idea that Miz still doesn't have respect and the effort for the WWE even after 8 years is pretty delusional.   

41 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I guess it depends on whether the feud ends on Sunday or continues.  Hopefully it continues

Ultimately it should lead to a respect angle, followed by Miz saving Bryan from a beatdown to a nuclear pop...but I certainly don't have that much faith in WWE creative...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Comedian said:

Ultimately it should lead to a respect angle, followed by Miz saving Bryan from a beatdown to a nuclear pop...but I certainly don't have that much faith in WWE creative...

...Neither does Bryan:

Skip to 18:39.

4 hours ago, Rows said:

Bryan has always been the jerk when it comes to Miz 

Miz started dressing down Bryan without provocation on minute one of day one. When Bryan made his return at SummerSlam 2010, Miz took the low road and knocked him out of the match with a cheap shot. Miz took his frustrations with his shortcomings as a professional out on someone who was in no position to give him the response he deserved. He went well beyond the line verbally. 

Bryan's always been someone who thinks highly of his ability and doesn't hold a high opinion of Miz as a professional. But Miz's response to that has always been disproportionate. 

I know "WWE faces are the real bad guys" takes are always in vogue. But this is a bad one. 

• Like 7