DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Pscottish Psychopath - 8/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Rick said:

tumblr_pdfm94KSdK1wyspnlo1_500.gif

Do guys get tested when they're out with injury? He made Rollins look puny. I remember watching one of those Shield documentaries and most of his workouts consisted of hiking around the Nevada desert doing peyote. He's definitely found iron and protein this time round. It's like he rewatched his awkward as shit podcast with Austin and decided to stop fucking coasting and take things seriously. 

That seems more accurate.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought I was the only person who remembered that.

I also use to hate it when Harlem Heat used a Doomsday Device / Missle Dropkick (The Heat Seeker) as a set-up move for Booker T to hit the guy with a Scissor Kick for the finish after doing the Spinaroonie. 

No one is supposed to be able to stagger to his feet after taking that first spot just so he can be hit by another go home move. 

That is pretty much no selling the elevated impact move which in any other realm would be the finisher.

I guess it's just me, but I never had a problem with wrestlers using other guys finishers as set up moves. I always read it as "he knows how to finish guys with this move", as opposed to "this move is so powerful, no one can kick out".

Like when I see Dolph superkick someone as a setup, I just see it as he doesnt do it as well as Shawn Micheals. It doesnt devalue the move. It 

devalues Dolph.

• Like 4

The Dudleys didn't even protect their own finish cause they'd do that double team neckbreaker that was basically the 3D except the opponent would land back first but the fans would yell out "3D" every time they did it.

If you're seeing a camo pattern in Ambrose's britches then you should probably get your eyes checked.

Ziggler should get his eyes checked too.  Breeze should have his badge taken away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BEN! said:

The Dudleys didn't even protect their own finish cause they'd do that double team neckbreaker that was basically the 3D except the opponent would land back first but the fans would yell out "3D" every time they did it.

If you're seeing a camo pattern in Ambrose's britches then you should probably get your eyes checked.

I blame JR for that. He would often incorrectly call the Dudley's double-team neckbreaker as 3D.

If you focus your eyes on Dean's wet spot, you'll eventually see a schooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

So Bliss has to come out at SummerSlam dressed like Batgirl now yeah?

If ever there was a softball question leading to a "Settle Down,....... netico" reaction this is definitely it.

And with how Dean looks now I guess he's out of the hobo army.

• Haha 2

Guys, Dean has clearly FINALLY discovered that a gym isn't just a class he skipped in high school, thanks in large part to using Mike Dexter's gym membership after lifting his wallet at the most recent kegger that Mike and his friends threw. Dean wasn't invited, but still.

Yeesh it's been a while since I've done one of those, I hope at least one person knows what the hell I'm talking about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I blame JR for that. He would often incorrectly call the Dudley's double-team neckbreaker as 3D.

If you focus your eyes on Dean's wet spot, you'll eventually see a schooner.

I see a sailboat

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, odessasteps said:

You can turn just about anything into clickbait, can't you?  Even the opening credits for a late 70's / early 80's television show.

10 hours ago, Lo-Risk said:

Guys, Dean has clearly FINALLY discovered that a gym isn't just a class he skipped in high school, thanks in large part to using Mike Dexter's gym membership after lifting his wallet at the most recent kegger that Mike and his friends threw. Dean wasn't invited, but still.

Yeesh it's been a while since I've done one of those, I hope at least one person knows what the hell I'm talking about.

I feel badly for whomever doesn't get a "Can't Hardly Wait" reference.

Viva los 90's!

On 8/14/2018 at 4:19 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh and Sasha and Ruby have no match at SummerSlam.  So they just went out there and had what I think might be the best women's match on the main roster in at least a few months time.  Loved it.   Both are such great workers and they brought out the best in one another tonight.   

This will be the first SummerSlam without a Sasha Banks match, she made the main roster in time for SummerSlam 2015. The past two SummerSlams, Sasha Banks was in the WWE Women's Championship match vs. Charlotte at SummerSlam 2016 and against Alexa Bliss last year for the WWE RAW Women's Championship.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 11:58 AM, Beech27 said:

Renee deserved the opportunity and did well with it, and I certainly didn't/won't miss Coach, but it is a little regrettable we had no third announcer at the table who could tell us precisely how jacked Dean came back looking.

I also loved the contrast between Dolph and Drew's pure camp direct-to-vhs looks and fit-throwing, and Dean's absolute refusal to emote, bump, or really even hook the arms for his finisher, while looking like the ghost of an abandoned midwestern strip mall parking lot made flesh. I hope he never tries any harder.  

botchamania-343.jpg

• Haha 1