DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Pscottish Psychopath - 8/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The irony of Bubba tweeting this when he and D-Von would do the Doomsday Device as a mid-match spot is delicious

I thought I was the only person who remembered that.

I also use to hate it when Harlem Heat used a Doomsday Device / Missle Dropkick (The Heat Seeker) as a set-up move for Booker T to hit the guy with a Scissor Kick for the finish after doing the Spinaroonie. 

No one is supposed to be able to stagger to his feet after taking that first spot just so he can be hit by another go home move. 

That is pretty much no selling the elevated impact move which in any other realm would be the finisher.

Pscottish Psychopath

I am :(.

I cannot find a clean video of the WB cartoon, Zip Zip Hooray, where the kid in the cowboy hat pronounces "psychiatrist" and "psychoanalyst" without keeping the P silent.

I did, however, blunder on a playlist made up of all of WB's Ralph Phillips shorts so I am reliving my childhood and destroying my productivity in one shot.

• Like 4

I actually enjoyed Raw quite a bit. Caveat, I fast-forwarded through at least an hour of it.

I was also really pumped up for Dean returning. So about seconds after I got very excited for Dead coming back, this thought crossed my mind: Did Dean cut his own hair?

And honestly, yes, he likely did cut his own hair and then Renee loved him even more for it. 

Dolph's hair though, holy shit. His hair looked fucking terrible and fried. If you have naturally wavy hair and try to straighten it, all I can think of is the episode of Boy Meets World where Cory is jealous of Shawn's cool hair so he tries to straighten his. It doesn't work.

That said, give me Seth/Dean vs Dolph/Drew. At some point we're going to see Drew Claymore the fuck out of Dean when Dean does the rebound lariat.

• Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I really liked Renee as the third. I don't normally watch Raw but I did specifically to see how she did. I don't know if it was genuinely enjoying her or finding Coach to be that loathsome, but if they gotta go with three announcers I'll happily take Renee.

Renee deserved the opportunity and did well with it, and I certainly didn't/won't miss Coach, but it is a little regrettable we had no third announcer at the table who could tell us precisely how jacked Dean came back looking.

I also loved the contrast between Dolph and Drew's pure camp direct-to-vhs looks and fit-throwing, and Dean's absolute refusal to emote, bump, or really even hook the arms for his finisher, while looking like the ghost of an abandoned midwestern strip mall parking lot made flesh. I hope he never tries any harder.  

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how svelte Brock looked last night.  Maybe he's trying to get on 205 Live.

I noticed that too. He's obviously off the juice now that he's in the USADA testing pool. You can really tell in his neck how much he's slimmed down.

48 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I really liked Renee as the third. I don't normally watch Raw but I did specifically to see how she did. I don't know if it was genuinely enjoying her or finding Coach to be that loathsome, but if they gotta go with three announcers I'll happily take Renee.

Michael Cole was very happy too:

• Like 2

tumblr_pdfm94KSdK1wyspnlo1_500.gif

Do guys get tested when they're out with injury? He made Rollins look puny. I remember watching one of those Shield documentaries and most of his workouts consisted of hiking around the Nevada desert doing calisthenics. He's definitely found iron and protein this time round. It's like he rewatched his awkward as shit podcast with Austin and decided to stop fucking coasting and take things seriously. 

25 minutes ago, Player One said:

I know Vince is almost always willing to whore the company out for mainstream publicity (and Saudi cash), but I still don't think giving David Coverdale a title match was the way to go.

The funny thing is, if you played "Here I Go Again" for Vince, he'd probably would think it was an amazing new song.

I liked the training video they showed of Ambrose back when he was facing Lesnar at Wrestlemania and his workouts consisted of rock climbing and running trails in the Nevada desert. 

Ambrose being all muscled up and looking like he's an enforcer for a minor league hockey team, I'm not sure I buy it.