DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Pscottish Psychopath - 8/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Nope, didn't see a thing. What was it this time? 

Because I had to see a photo (and for those he didn't, yes he is wearing camo pants)

dean-ambrose.jpg

Those are some fucked up lines. It's like he stole one of those razors they sell in the Raw commercials and said "hey, I can do three different levels!"

• Haha 3

Oversimplifying, Bret thinks he should be in and Martha is standing in the way. Martha says damn right she is, that company killed my husband and should not profit off his memory. 

On someone's pod (cant remember who), they were putting forth the argument that Bret's poor logic and behavior in this matter mean he is showing the effects of his brain injury/stroke. 

I haven't heard Bret's take but it could be as simple as his brother was awesome and deserves that day of celebration. 

Shit,  not only the Hart Foundation..  they are an iconic tag team but I'd say the entire Hart Foundation stable should be inducted as well.  1997 is probably the best year in WWF history and a lot of that is due to the Hart Foundation.   

• Like 2

I hope it will one day be worked out between Martha and the rest of the Hart family. Perhaps a very large donation to the Owen Hart Foundation from WWE would go a long way toward changing Martha's stance.

I would love to see Bret up there for the Hart Foundation induction along with Nattie, Tyson, Harry, Brian Pillman, Jr., and perhaps even Owen's children.

• Like 2

I'm guessing he's already pitched going the Hart Foundation route if Bulldog and Pillman aren't (and really, I thought at least one of those two already was in). And of course she could probably chain that one to the bottom of the lake too. 

Bret loves the business -- like REALLY loves it, so his opinion isn't gonna change any more than her's.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I haven't heard Bret's take but it could be as simple as his brother was awesome and deserves that day of celebration. 

There was a bit here in the Herald a couple months back detailing the conflict between Bret and Martha. Bret feels Owen’s fans are deprived of celebrating him in the manner they wish to. Martha wants sweet fuck all to do with WWE.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

What's Renee's WAR?

M  I  K  E  T  R  O  U  T

K

E

T

R

O

U

T

• Like 3

If you've never read Martha's book, it's... Well, i don't think she cared about word of mouth. It's mostly a screed about how terrible wrestling is, how terrible wrestling fans are, and how much Owen didn't want to wrestle.

And i don't blame her one bit for hating wrestling, it quite literally killed her husband. I just don't know who she thought would buy her book other than wrestling fans.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Shit,  not only the Hart Foundation..  they are an iconic tag team but I'd say the entire Hart Foundation stable should be inducted as well.  1997 is probably the best year in WWF history and a lot of that is due to the Hart Foundation.   

Here's a question: if they do that, do they count the original version with Jimmy Hart? Not to say he gets to go in twice, but as a mention?

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

Here's a question: if they do that, do they count the original version with Jimmy Hart? Not to say he gets to go in twice, but as a mention?

Well, there is precedent for people going in multiple times (like Flair).

There's also her Getting To Set The Story Straight. Just having read the Stampede and Bret books she totally seems the kind of person that would jump at the chance to do that, and if she's getting paid all the better, hypocrisy/appealing to wrestling fans nonetheless.

I don't blame her either. It's her husband and her life. 

48 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Beat me to it!

I always heard it was Haku for both. I can't remember who's book it was, but they mentioned for the second scenario Haku just closed his eyes and sucked in the mace and then just breathed it out.

Everyone is sleeping Alexa's promo. The part where she mentioned the stupid faces Ronda made was SPOT ON and was even funnier when they cut to Ronda making the exact stupid face Alexa was just mentioning!

And the growling! ?

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Beat me to it!

I always heard it was Haku for both. I can't remember who's book it was, but they mentioned for the second scenario Haku just closed his eyes and sucked in the mace and then just breathed it out.

Everyone is sleeping Alexa's promo. The part where she mentioned the stupid faces Ronda made was SPOT ON and was even funnier when they cut to Ronda making the exact stupid face Alexa was just mentioning!

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

160192.jpg?b64lines=IE1NTS4gTE9CTy4gTE9C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought the Rousey/Bliss stuff was decent.

Heyman's setup of Roman was good.

The tribute to Neidhart was nice.

Dean coming out a mini HHH was just weird. Also not sure why it happened here instead of Summerslam.

That was a solid tag match that the crowd got way into. 

I guess the Mojo push is dead. Pinned clean two straight weeks after his merger win streak. 

I liked Dolph’s look and his promo. The straightened hair made him look more punchable, which as a heel, it should.  The only thing I don’t get with the Dolph/Drew pairing is why do they care if superstars are getting complacent? Are they in upper management? TV execs? Angry shareholders?

8 minutes ago, caley said:

The only thing I don’t get with the Dolph/Drew pairing is why do they care if superstars are getting complacent? Are they in upper management? TV execs? Angry shareholders?

Dolph and Drew are the Bob's and they're going to be doing "a little housecleaning".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2