DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Pscottish Psychopath - 8/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Roman's biggest issue is going to be facing his uncle Haku* after he couldn't deal with a little mace to the eyes. 

*- I'm assuming they're related.  I think that makes me racist. Or jingoist. Something. 

It was nice of Triple H's little brother help out Seth Rollins for Summerslam.  Oh that was Dean my bad ?

Speaking of looks Dolph is way too young to have a mid life crisis with that hair style.  And was that acid wash jeans 

Oh and I still don't trust that Reigns is winning the title even though everything point to him winning. 

Anvil tribute was good,  difficult to get through..   I feel so bad for Natty and Bret,  I can't believe Anvil isn't in the hall of fame?  I heard that today.   Hart Foundation is an iconic tag team.  I had people who barely watch wrestling talkin to me about Anvil today.  

Dean's new haircut suits him well,  he looks like he just cooked a batch with Jesse Pinkman.  

Dolph?  What the fuck I guess this week was "Evolution era Triple H"  or some shit? 

Oh and Sasha and Ruby have no match at SummerSlam.  So they just went out there and had what I think might be the best women's match on the main roster in at least a few months time.  Loved it.   Both are such great workers and they brought out the best in one another tonight.   

• Like 4

I thought Renee did a decent job, very robotic and scripted at times, but she can get better if she can inject a bit of her personality.  Either way, the commentary is a lot better when there's not bickering with the 3rd person on the commentary team. 

• Like 3

The tribute to The Anvil was very nice. It got a bit dusty in the room while that was on. I loved The Revival busting out the Hart Attack.

I really enjoyed Ruby vs. Sasha. It's ashame that Summerslam's card is so bloated because the Riott Squad, Bayley, and Sasha all deserve a spot.

I haven't noticed this since his haircut, but it appears Baron Corbin has HOBO tattooed on his neck behind his right ear. That seems like an odd choice for a tattoo. All this time we thought it would be Ambrose leading the HOBO Army, but I guess it'll be Corbin after he loses the constable job.

Speaking of Ambrose, I'm surprised he returned tonight. I fully expected his return to be held off until Summerslam. Hopefully, the Shield reunion doesn't get kiboshed due to injuries or another measles outbreak.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Coach is levels below a replacement value commentator.  They could plug in Mr. Potato Head and it'd be a better show. Renee was okay at times but Coach not being there is a huge plus no matter what. 

What's Renee's WAR?

• Like 3

Renee needs to watch it on responding verbally to shots wrestlers take, but otherwise (from what I paid attention to) she seemed fine. 

Doing screen-in-screen to plug merch is so brazen. You can understand the spots on Smackdown because those are advertisers, but this is WWE merch. We don't need ads covering parts of actual matches for anything much less that. 

Judging from that (and it was very well done) Anvil will 99% likely go in this year. Is he the only Foundation member not in the HoF?

EDIT: 

vol31a.jpg

41 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I thought Dean was the 3rd Bushwhacker

Beat me to it!

4 minutes ago, BubblegumRogue said:

Haku no sold it in kayfabe (Miss Elizabeth on Nitro), Barbarian no sold it in a shoot (in a bar vs. an entire police force)

I always heard it was Haku for both. I can't remember who's book it was, but they mentioned for the second scenario Haku just closed his eyes and sucked in the mace and then just breathed it out.

Everyone is sleeping Alexa's promo. The part where she mentioned the stupid faces Ronda made was SPOT ON and was even funnier when they cut to Ronda making the exact stupid face Alexa was just mentioning!

• Haha 3