DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/13/18

*Taped for Xplosion: The OGz (Homicide & Hernandez w/ King) def. The Deaners (Jake & Cody Deaner) when Homicide used the Tequila Sunrise on Jake.

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 13, 2018 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*Show opens with Austin Aries, Killer Kross, & Moose coming out for a sitdown interview with couches in the ring. Aries says we won't see Johnny Impact or Eddie Edwards for a long time. KM & Fallah Bahh interrupt. KM calls Aries a liar and a horrendous world champion. Aries offers Fallah a world title shot tonight.

*The Lucha Brothers (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) def. The Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley) when Pentagon pinned Trevor after the Fear Factor. After the match, oVe appear on the tron and say they are the best trio in the world. They challenge Pentagon, Fenix, and Brian Cage to an oVe Rules Match at Bound for Glory.

*Alisha Edwards def. Katarina after a distraction from Grado & Joe Hendry.

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana) def. The Fraternity (Channing Decker & Trent Gibson). After the match, King & the OGz come out. King says there is a ceasefire and LAX won't do anything. King says the one thing he regrets is that Richie, who they hit with a car, is still breathing.

*Brian Cage def. Kongo Kong after an F5. After the match, Cage accepts oVe's challenge for Bound for Glory.

*Austin Aries(c) def. Fallah Bahh (w/ KM) via submission to retain the Impact Worlds Championship. After the match, Moose & Killer Kross beat down KM & Fallah with Kross giving KM the chairshot to the throat.

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The best name they can come up with for Pentagon Black and Fenix is The Lucha Brothers/

That's the name they have been using on the indies for awhile

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

More of a filler show this week but still a good amount of fun stuff throughout. Aries/Fallah was actually really good, got time, and was way better than I expected. I loved the counter into the initial Last Chancery then the 2nd one being the finish when the Brainbuster wouldn't work. Fallah had some great hope spots. LAX squash was a lot of fun and had some killer spots. Cage/Kongo wasn't quite as explosive as their last match but felt like a condensed version of that. Kinda weird how the Kongo/Johnny feud just sorta ended, I guess Johnny sending him into the pool was the end of it. Opening tag was also real good, Jake Crist miming Sami's mannerisms continues to be the best thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

So Katarina is the allegedly incestuous Katie Lea Burchill but not, presumably,  the drug-raping lesbian vampire Winter. Good to know.

Image result for mind blown gif

That is her too, "it was a different season.."

I just wish she kept the Winter theme music, that was greatness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That was almost like a stand alone episode.  “The rise of Fallah”. They did such a great job building Fallah up during the show that I bought all the near falls.  Aries and Impact creative did such a great job building that. The last chancery reversal out of the steamroller was incredibly creative.

KM really brought the fire all night. His opening promo was great. He really is a good talker.

Impact should get a lot of credit for doing more with arguably lesser talent than WWE does with some of the best in the world.

• Like 3

Yeah, I tried adding Impact back into my viewing rotation fairly begrudgingly when their last PPV got rave reviews, but it's starting to grow on me. The one thing it does that WWE sorely misses is that different feuds cross over and interact with each other sometimes. Two guys starting a programme doesn't seem to automatically lock them into a bubble for three months until they've had five matches where you know the first four won't matter, there are diversions to keep it interesting. That way you can have corny bollocks like Scarlet Bordeaux appearing out of thin air and LAX running over children, but maintain the integrity of the ludicrous world they're presenting. 

• Like 4