DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/6/18

*Taped for Xplosion: Matt Sydal def. Josh Alexander

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 6, 2018 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*Petey Williams def. Rich Swann with the Canadian Destroyer after Matt Sydal distracted Swann.

*The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Gursinder Singh w/ The Great Gama Singh) def. Grado & Joe Hendry (w/ Katarina). After the match, Katarina asks Grado what's wrong with him, calls him an embarrassment and says she doesn't love him. Katarina tries to kiss Joe Hendry but he tells her that his love for her is merely platonic so she slaps him and leaves.

*Eli Drake def. Stone Rockwell in a quick squash.

*Tessa Blanchard(c) def. Su Yung after the Hammerlock DDT to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, the Undead Bridesmaids bring out the casket which distracts Tessa, allowing Su to attack her. Su goes to put Tessa in the casket but Allie & Kiera Hogan arrive to run Su off. Tessa tells them that she doesn't need friends.

*oVe (Dave Crist, Jake Crist, & Sami Callihan) def. Ace Austin, Trey Miguel, & Zachary Wentz when Callihan pinned Ace after the Doomsday Cutter from the Crists. After the match, Sami continued beating up Ace. Sami got the mic and said they are the best trio on the planet and the feud with the Lucha Brothers will never end.

*Austin Aries, Killer Kross, & Moose out for a promo. Moose says Eddie Edwards is a fraud and he exposed him. When Eddie was having problems, Moose had his back but when he got a concussion, the only person who came to check on him was Killer Kross. Aries called Moose and told him he'd never be #1 if he catered to the fans. Johnny Impact interrupts and says he thought Kross was more ambitious than to be somebody's bodyguard. Aries says Johnny looks the part but he is the part. Johnny announces Austin Aries vs. Johnny Impact for the Impact Worlds Championship will headline Bound for Glory on October 14. Aries and Johnny get into a brawl on the ramp until Kross & Moose take Johnny down. Aries hits Johnny with a chairshot to the throat.

Please don't turn Tessa into a face...

..... unless you are going to bring Rosemary back as a heel when she returns from injury rehab and align her with Su and her Bridesmaids and have them all rumble with Tessa / Allie / Kiera....

I'd like an alliance where Tessa doesn't trust Allie or Kiera Hogan and they don't trust Tessa, but they need each other to combat Su Yung and the undead bridesmaids. Once it seems like Allie and Kiera trust Tessa, then have Tessa walk out on them during a match. Once Rosemary comes back, you've got Rosemary, Allie, and Kiera on one side, Su Yung and the bridesmaids on the other, and Tessa in the middle with no allies.

• Like 1

See, this is where the new management team is cheating us out of some classic "Only in TNA" style booking. It's a shame we won't get Aries/Kross/Moose against Impact/Fairplay/Morasca in a 6-person, immunity idol on a pole match at BFG. 

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd like an alliance where Tessa doesn't trust Allie or Kiera Hogan and they don't trust Tessa, but they need each other to combat Su Yung and the undead bridesmaids. Once it seems like Allie and Kiera trust Tessa, then have Tessa walk out on them during a match. Once Rosemary comes back, you've got Rosemary, Allie, and Kiera on one side, Su Yung and the bridesmaids on the other, and Tessa in the middle with no allies.

I suppose that makes sense.  With those kinds of battle lines, you could always sneak Scarlett Bordeux in there for attacks of opportunity on Tessa or Allie in order to push her into the title picture.

As much as I think that Su and Rosemary would make a pretty decent KO Unholy Alliance, there's probably no way that Rosemary could come back to an immediate heel role unless she did something really dastardly.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm more into Moose's turn after tonight. I'd like to see some six man tags with Aries, Kross, Moose vs. Impact, Edwards, and a mystery partner. This would have been a good spot for PCO. The face off between Kross and PCO would have been awesome. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

They still have to tape TV in Mexico so there's still a chance. Plus I want to say he was X when Callis was in  TNA. 

They wanted to bring him in to put over Brian Cage, and he refused. Brian Cage got over just fine without beating PCO. There's a number of guys I could think of if they chose to go the 6 man route. From outside, Masada would be a good choice, or perhaps Chris Dickinson or Jaka. If you look at in-house candidates, Abyss is still around. You could also add Kongo Kong since Jimmy Jacobs was amongst those attacked by Kross. Then, you have an the added story of an uneasy alliance between Jacobs/Kong and Johnny Impact.

Sydal on commentary was hilarious, great stuff from him all around. Glad to finally see a longer Su Yung match but still a little disappointed to see her beaten so decisively and what on earth took place after (at least for me) with a sudden commercial break cutting into the post-match deal and practically missing what took place. Very good match nonetheless, Tessa did come off more face-ish against Su. oVe six man was a lot of fun, Jake mimicking Sami's movements is still the best. Looking forward to the LAX/OGz Final War at BFG with Konnan returning to the ring (!!!!). Thought Alisha was great in her little bit confronting Moose, solid stuff so far. Wondering if they'll stick with Aries/Johnny for BFG or add Eddie to it before then. 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They wanted to bring him in to put over Brian Cage, and he refused. Brian Cage got over just fine without beating PCO.

Most odd since PCO did put over Cage that same week for Beyond Wrestling.

• Like 2

Agreed on Sydal on commentary he was great throughout. loved Callis’ line “well, we are trying to make money here”, Swann ate it big time on that missed corkscrew.

Joe Hendrys song was out of this world. “But only as a friend”. It reminded me of My Lovely Horse from Father Ted.  

STONE ROCKWELL~~~~

Jake Crists crescent kick really is a thing of beauty.

Am I supposed to know who the 3 Dons were? King continues to bring the greatness.

They really have made me care about most of the guys and girls on the show.  Even Morrison on the mic was entertaining.

• Like 3