DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: ReDefined Spoilers for 8/30/18

Taped for Xplosion: LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. Tarik & Brent Banks when Santana pins Banks

Impact Wrestling: ReDefined - Airing August 30, 2018 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*Brian Cage(c) def. Fenix (w/ Pentagon Jr.) to retain the X Division Championship with a Super Bomb. After the match, oVe attack Fenix & Pentagon until Cage comes back for the save.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Allie (w/ Kiera Hogan) & Su Yung(c) (w/ the Undead Bridesmaids) with a rollup on Allie to WIN the Knockouts Championship.

*Eli Drake comes out for a promo. Eli says he never said he was the Cult of Lee's friends. Eli brings out Mr. Atlantis & Brandon Tidwell and says they have one more test. Mr. Atlantis accepts the challenge but Eli decides he will face Tidwell. Eli Drake def. Brandon Tidwell in a quick squash.

*Rich Swann def. Petey Williams with a standing shooting star press.

*Video airs showing that Moose has been taken out backstage by Killer Kross.

*Austin Aries & Killer Kross def. Eddie Edwards & Moose when Moose came out halfway through the match with a bandage, only to turn heel and spear Eddie. The backstage attack was a ruse. Moose joins Aries & Kross in beating down Eddie. Alisha Edwards comes out and slaps Moose.

5 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

*Sami Callihan def. Pentagon Jr. in a Mexican Death Match after a top rope piledriver through a table

200.gif

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

Will be watching for that, certainly.

• Like 2

I like Tessa winning the Knocksout title via roll-up without Su being pinned. That definitely feels like a Blanchard move. If I could transport 1985 Tully to today, I can totally see him winning the IC or US title with a roll-up and handful of tights by not pinning the champion. 

Ideally, Rosemary beats Su for the title when she returns, but I think their angle is at a point where they won't need the title. If someone tried to burn me alive in a casket, just winning a title wouldn't be satisfactory revenge.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Tessa winning the Knocksout title via roll-up without Su being pinned. That definitely feels like a Blanchard move. If I could transport 1985 Tully to today, I can totally see him winning the IC or US title with a roll-up and handful of tights by not pinning the champion. 

What Eddie said.  Shenanigans puts the title on Tessa and still protects Allie and Su.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:16 PM, Oyaji said:

200.gif

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

Will be watching for that, certainly.

Just as a heads up for all since things tape out of order, the Mexican Death Match is moved up to next week (8/23). I'm guessing it will switch spots with the Aries tag instead of that being on the same show as it was set up since this is now one of the bigger episodes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So this was another fun episode.

The Fenix/Cage match was a good opener.

I really like Eli since he can move from a main event guy to mid card comedy stuff with so much ease. He's entertaining no matter what.

Knockouts match was ok and I'm wondering what direction they go with the title. I don't think Rosemary is recovered yet. I remember seeing a tweet a few weeks ago indicating that she was just getting back to lifting weights.

Aries face during the Alisha/Moose slap was hilarious. Also, I hope the heel turn gives Moose an edge. The only time I can think of him kind of having one was during the Lashley feud last year.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Thank God lil Richie is all right. But man, Eddie Kingston is cold. He'd run over his own mother if he had to.

Kingston is a real gangsta.

Not sure how I feel about the Moose turn. I don't see how it does anything for Moose. He had his title shot and lost. Ok, he can go back to the drawing board, try to improve where he needs to, and starting beating other contenders to work his way back up. Joining Aries and Kross kind of guartantees you don't get another title shot. Maybe I'm overthinking it and trying to apply logic to wrestling. I'm still sticking with my prediction that this is an elaborate ruse between Eddie, Alisha, and Moose to lull Aries and Kross into a false sense of security.

Tessa Blanchard is so money, baby. Unlike Jon Favreau, she knows it.

• Like 2

Good stuff indeed, Cage/Fenix ruled. I was a little disappointed in how short the knockouts match was for a title change. As great as Tessa is, I still wanted more of a Su reign. This came off kind of a flat way to end her run with her a non factor in the finish, but interested to see where things go with these three the main focus of the division. Very intrigued by the Konnan/King calls and who if anyone is revealed as the seeming boss of the streets. Amusing when Don and Josh paused to acknowledge the "We Want Jericho" chants. Eli Drake remains the man.

Also unsure of the Moose turn, at first I wasn't feeling the idea at all but thought the execution was very well done. I've thought Moose has been an excellent hot/always over babyface for a good while now but I'm down to see how it plays out. The visual of Aries standing tall with his triple threat of Kross and Moose behind him was pretty cool. Eddie remains awesome in his role.

• Like 1

Cage v Fenix was probably my favourite Impact match this year. Was really great.

I enjoyed the Moose turn.  It wasn’t perfectly executed by any means, but the chair shot / Alisha run in put it over with me.

Grado and Scarlet killed it in that segment. “My, this is a nice little ménage a trois you have here”

“AH KNEW IT!!!!” 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archibald said:

I wouldn't mind it, but in kayfabe I don't see how they just wouldn't destroy everyone. Unless they went with some "they argue with each other" angle.

Or they don't care about Rules and get DQ'ed for kicking too much ass. 

• Like 1

Cage vs. Fenix was either the best match on TV this week or 2nd best. Tessa winning was great just wish the match was longer but maybe at the PPV we get the longer version. The Smoke Show set up next week's match perfectly and made you want to see what will happen. Who is the Big Boss will be very interesting.

Moose's turn was well done and makes that a power house stable at the Top of Impact. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Hypothetically, how would people feel about Moose and Kross making a stop in the tag division? 

They could have some fun brawls with oVe, LAX, and the OGz. I want to see Homicide drive a fork into the head of the Kross. Sami Callihan and the railroad spike would be good, too.

• 2 weeks later...