DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] DAY TWO TAPINGS (2nd Round - Semis)

RIPPA

Results

Spoiler

Spoilers from Round 2 Episode 5 of the Mae Young Classic

- Toni Storm def. Hiroyo Matsumoto

- Rhea Ripley def. Kacy Catanzaro

- Lacey Lane def. Taynara Conti

- Meiko Satomura def. Mercedes Martinez.

Episode 6:

- Io Shirai def. Zeuxis

- Deonna Purazzo def. Xia Li

- Tegan Nox def. Nicole Matthews

- Mia Yim def. Kaitlyn.

Dark match: Rachel Evers def. Karen Q

Quarter-Finals:

- Meiko Satomura def. Lacey Lane

- Io Shirai def. Deonna Purazzo

- Toni Storm def. Mia Yim

- Rhea Ripley def. Tegan Nox after Tegan was injured during the match. 

Before the Semi Finals, Triple H came out to numerous "Please Sign Mia" chants. His response: "Okay". He then put over all the work and all the sacrifice every single girl gives for the fans. He noted that Tegan Nox's injury is just another bump in the road. He then hyped the crowd up for the final two matches.

Also, before the Semi Finals, there were two dark matches:

- Jessie Elaban, Xia Brookside, and MJ Jenkins def. Alysin Kay, Vanessa Kraven, and Reina Gonzalez

- Aerial Monroe and Candice LeRae def. Killer Kelly and Jinny

Semi-Finals:

Toni Storm defeated Meiko Satomura in the first Semi Final of the Mae Young Classic. She will face the winner of Io Shirai/Rhea Ripley.

Io Shirai defeated Rhea Ripley to advance.

After each semi final match, Kairi Sane came out and presented flowers to the winner. 

Io Shirai vs. Toni Storm at WWE Evolution.

After all of the matches, the two finalists posted on the ramp with Triple H, Sara Amato, and Kairi Sane.

The finals were exactly what I thought they would be. I wonder if they will play up the history at all, including the fact that this will be a rubber match for them.

Just seeing comments from those who went it sounds like this year's tournament is way better than last year's. I saw a gif of one or two moves from Kacy, and I can totally see why they wanted her in this. She is going to be huge when she get called up.

Feel sorry for Tegan though I'm interested in seeing how Ripley does with Io.

I hope we see Meiko in WWE again at some point, even just for occasional one offs. I know Sasha totally wants to wrestle her.

Yeah night 2 of this year's myc smokes last year's. I've seen a couple meiko satomura matches before but after the past two days, I want to see every match. She was the mvp of the tourney. The semi match was amazing and match of the tourney for sure. As for the Tegan thing, that was the saddest moment in wrestling I've seen in years. When she did the dive and got up and hit the steps, the whole crowd gasped cause we knew it was bad. I've never heard a crowd go silent like that. I hope she can come back. What awful luck.

• Like 2

I honestly thought the final was going to be Nox/Storm to set-up a rivalry on NXT UK. They were really yping both Storm and Nox way more than they were hyping Io. It i a damn shame about Nox breaking her leg, means she is pretty much out for the rest of the year.

James

Outside of Cole's comment during the parade of champions were they really hyping Nox all that much? Also the winner of this gets an NXT title shot going off of Shayna's comments about them needing a second tournament to find a challenger for her belt. It feels like this tournament was always Io's to lose. If anything it seems likely that Nox would have lost here so she could win and defend the NXTUK Women's title at Evolution. Not sure what happens with that now.