DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] August 8, 2018 TV Show

HumanChessgame

Borne/Conti was ok. Honestly it feels like Borne was cheated a bit not gettign the spot. On the other hand she has been on tv semi-normally the past few months.

This is the first time I have seen Keith Lee wrestle and I certainly didn't hate it.

Nothing noteworthy match wise, but they did a decent job building and moving all of the stories.

Been waiting for this debut for the last 18 months, this is not quite how I imagined it to go down. I hope he doesn't get turned into one of those guys like Aichner and Mendoza, who only get to show up every few months or so only to make someone else look good.

This was my first time ever seeing Keith Lee. Dude oozes charisma. Very cool finisher, too. Never saw a fireman's carry into a powerslam. They did give the German guy too much offense, but Keith came off as a major star in this match. He could really go places on the main roster if they let him.

22 hours ago, The Z said:

Been waiting for this debut for the last 18 months, this is not quite how I imagined it to go down. I hope he doesn't get turned into one of those guys like Aichner and Mendoza, who only get to show up every few months or so only to make someone else look good.

I assume you're talking about Marcel? You don't really need to start worrying until he get's his new name. If he's still doing it then, he's in trouble.

2 hours ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I assume you're talking about Marcel? You don't really need to start worrying until he get's his new name. If he's still doing it then, he's in trouble.

Yeah, but the fact that it took them this long to debut him at all and it was only for this worries me. I always thought they had bigger plans for him, because they didn't use him as a JTTS right away like the other guys I mentioned. There's even a guy posting right after me, saying he got TOO MUCH offense, *sigh*.

1 hour ago, The Z said:

Yeah, but the fact that it took them this long to debut him at all and it was only for this worries me. I always thought they had bigger plans for him, because they didn't use him as a JTTS right away like the other guys I mentioned. There's even a guy posting right after me, saying he got TOO MUCH offense, *sigh*.

The plan is to start NXT brands in Europe, South America, Asia, the Middle East. So, even if they don't do much with Marcel on the main brand, gotta think he would be a main guy for NXT Europe. Of course it would be nice if they did something with him before then.

Was this a throwback 80s episode? Probably one of my favorite episode of NXT too. Are all the  jobbers already signed? Cause I hope they are.

For just 2 years experience, Nova seem relaxed in ring.

Ohno match was all kindsa fun. Really dig Adrian "Judo" Jaoude.

EC3/Velveteen was like an 80s music video.

Absolutely love Keith Lee/Marcel Barthel.  The match was a blast and both guys looked great. Barthel's build is deceptive; he comes off like Alex Wright but wrestles great as a powerhouse.

I assume that the pool area was with small notice because I would assume the Dream''s experience would be a lot more purple.  Plus it is kind of confusing that this is his place and he doesn't know how deep his own pool is  ?

Marcel Bethel is what Alex Wright's Berlyn character was supposed to be without the goofy WCW bullshit around it