DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Crossfit Breezus - 8/6/2018

Dolfan in NYC

For a guy who claims he's never done cocaine, Paul Heyman sure does play a convincing guy who looks like he's been up all week from it.

There has to be a middle ground for Corbin. He has to wear the shirt because his midsection is so flabby from when he used to be much heavier. But he looks dumb wrestling in a hipster waiter outfit. Maybe its the bald head. Corporate...now Mayor Kane at least let his hair grow back to a respectable business length. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

Can I get a quick primer on what the fuck they're doing with Baron Corbin right now? I haven't watched WWE in roughly a half year, but I tune in and Corbin is now the assistant GM? 

He is there in the role of Constable to oversee Angle for Steph. Basically he is trying to make sure Angle doesn't fuck up Steph's show too much, at least according to what she wants generally done. Its pretty much Angle's punishment for his support of Rousey at WM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victator said:

Baron Corbin looks so bad bald and in normal clothes. He looks like a Korn fan who has a desk job.

Jim Cornette said Johnny Ace was the kind of guy who doesn't look big, but only makes big guys look smaller. That is what Corbin looks like now.

I kinda want to like the gimmick, but, yeah, Corbin looks out of place in street clothes.  He leaves the shirt collar open and rolls up his sleeves, which exposes his bad tats and kinda undercuts the purpose of putting him in street clothes.  Same with the shaved head.  I keep noticing the tat behind the ear.

None of this means the gimmick can't work.  My real problem with the gimmick is that, at the end of the day, he's still Baron Corbin and I'm not overly invested in his in-ring stuff or mic work.

I am a bit sad that Corbin lost his land and title and has to work for a living like a commoner. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm a fan of Korn and I chuckled at this.

There were some good tracks on the third album, but it went downhill fast after that. That said, the self-titled debut and Life is Peachy are still classics of the nu-metal genre.

• Like 1

The Renee part was definitely the best part of the Heyman "exclusive"  because unlike all WWE backstage people they easily play dumb.  You can tell that Renee knows what Paul is thinking.   After that I kind of wished they waited for this interview next week so they didn't spend a week trying to figure out how to not show it

16 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Corbin needs to lose a match where the stipulation is he has to permanently wear a big ass fake handlebar moustache in order to complete the ensemble.

Hipster mixologist Baron Corbin is absolutely the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Corbin needs to lose a match where the stipulation is he has to permanently wear a big ass fake handlebar moustache in order to complete the ensemble.

So what you are looking for is an asshole maskless version of Jervis Cottonbelly ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There were some good tracks on the third album, but it went downhill fast after that. That said, the self-titled debut and Life is Peachy are still classics of the nu-metal genre.

I know it's peak of their popularity and a lot of the shit got played out but "Follow the Leader" was a really good album I thought. 

4 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Can Ronda please get an outfit that fits her? I lost count of how many times she kept pulling down her tights. And I hate to be that guy, but can she also get an outfit that is more flattering to her figure (or lack there of)?

Please do not slap her in those flesh colored tights they make every woman (not in long pants) wear on the main roster. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Victator said:

Please do not give them motivation to slap her in those flesh colored tights they make every woman (not in long pants) wear on the main roster. 

On instagram last night i found a random post by Sasha Bank's husband where he said he had designed a different outfit for Ronda, but for whatever reason they decided to go with those ill fitting compression shorts. Ronda wore the same kind of tights when she fought so I don't know what's the difference between those and her new wrestling shorts. At least she isn't having to wear those ugly old lady stockings most of the women on the roster use.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On 8/7/2018 at 8:22 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I know it's peak of their popularity and a lot of the shit got played out but "Follow the Leader" was a really good album I thought. 

I'm probably in a very small minority, but I think See You On The Other Side was their best album by a large margin.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Untouchables (2002) is a personal favourite of mine with Here to Stay, Thoughtless and Alone I Break.

Renee nailed that segment with Heyman, and Heyman is the best at what he does. I probably haven't watched a minute of WWE in at least two months and that 3 minutes worth of YouTube video alone has me thinking "OH SHIT, I GOTTA SEE THAT, I GOTTA SEE WHAT HAPPENS!"

My stupid fantasy booking: Brock without Heyman beats Roman clean, is celebrating "Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman, and I am the advocate for the Monster in the Bank"

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:32 PM, Swiftian said:

Stephanie McMahon: "Roman, you can't wrestle again. We don't want to risk you being injured for SummerSlam. Now Seth, go fight two guys on your own!"

There's actually a story that can be told here, because Triple H has said that he thought of choosing Roman to be part of the Authority in 2014. He didn't because he didn't think Roman would cross certain lines (in other words, be his and Steph's toadie). But it leaves room where Seth was merely their second choice and Roman is who they always wanted.

It won't happen, but it's an interesting premise IMO.

• Like 1