DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Crossfit Breezus - 8/6/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Paul Heyman looked like he hadn't slept for a week. And I mean that in the best way possible. 

Also, if we could get more of Roman Reigns punching dickheads in the ribs, they may actually get him over as a face!

tumblr_pd2j3vbjdP1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

• Like 3

I actually found myself not detesting Roman tonight. What dolfan said. Just let Roman be a badass without trying to sound smooth, without looking like a loser, don't let him get outsmarted by the heels, and have him going around punching dudes in the ribs or dickpunching them.

• Like 2

I hope Roman taking Corbin to task after he mouths off becomes a semi-regular thing. Their match tonight was decent enough.

I continue to question when we will have a women's tag titles announcement. It was nice to see Ruby back.

Alicia Fox in a main event is something I never though I would see, good for her.

Man Ronda looked like she destroyed Fox’s arm on those judo throws, then threw Fox dangerously into the bottom rope.  

Strowman tilting the stage was so dumb.  Oh no! Owens and Mahal had to jump off a tilted stage from a height likely lower than when they jump off the top rope in the ring!

Baron Corbin making fun of Angle’s shuffle is just cruel at this point.  

I’m really digging Logan and Morgan as a team.  I like their whole dynamic and Logan could be a star if she can improve as a promo because she brings a look and style that’s totally different on the women’s roster.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I continue to question when we will have a women's tag titles announcement. It was nice to see Ruby back.

Speculating of course but I think they'll do a cross brand tournament and have the finals at the women's PPV.   If the rumors of having the titles appear on all shows is true then we could see a tournament with Boss N' Hug Connection,  IIconics,  Riott Squad, Absolution (I believe they are not called that anymore but Mandy/Sonya),  maybe have the Bella Twins involved,  possibly an NXT team or maybe a UK NXT team.  Then depending on who is in the title matches at the show there's a possibility of Becky/Charlotte and maybe Alexa Bliss and Mickie James.  

I think a Sasha/Bayley vs. Becky/Charlotte tournament final would be awesome.   Yes,  cool to see Ruby back.  She's great. 

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I think they're saving that for the Evolution build .  Doesn't make sense to announce it so far away from the event.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Am I the last person to figure out that they named Baron Corbin Baron Corbin because they knew that when he inevitably went bald he was going to look exactly like Baron Von Raschke?

That is all the people need to know.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Poor Mickie.

I believe Mickie got to main against Alexa a few Raws ago. She can spread the wealth a little lol I can’t believe that Alicia Fox main eventing Raw is a thing in 2018 and in her hometown to boot. Awesome. We have certainly come a long way.

Great to see Ruby back and it is indeed high time for those women’s tag titles. 

They made Alicia look like a million bucks in the match promo. I know SmackDown! was in Jacksonville a few times, but never Raw. I think it's dope she got to main event Raw in her hometown after being with the company for over a decade. I would never have guessed Victoria Crawford would have lasted this long when she was signed, let along become a gatekeeper role for the division. Same goes for Layla. No way they knew what they were in for when they signed.

I wonder if her being in that spot was more about her than Ronda?

• Like 2

WWE Creative really knows how to beat a good thing into the ground.  I've got no interest in seeing Braun Stroman or Alexa Bliss right now, to the point that I turned off the show when Alexa came out for her promo.  She does decent character work, but I don't have any desire to see her wrestle and she's really stale, imo.  Her character has been spinning in place for awhile now, to the point where I feel like I've already heard her promos.  I'm guessing the SS match won't be good.  Rhonda's probably too green to lead her to a good match and Alexa's not really the person to be leading someone through the match.

They obviously have no idea what to do babyface Braun.  There's a reason the gigantic monster wrestlers usually end up as heels.

11 hours ago, caley said:

Man Ronda looked like she destroyed Fox’s arm on those judo throws, then threw Fox dangerously into the bottom rope.  

It is something that her armbar finisher looks incredibly safe and yet everything else she does with the arm looks like she is shoot trying to break it

Baron Corbin looks so bad bald and in normal clothes. He looks like a Korn fan who has a desk job.

Jim Cornette said Johnny Ace was the kind of guy who doesn't look big, but only makes big guys look smaller. That is what Corbin looks like now.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Victator said:

Baron Corbin looks so bad bald and in normal clothes. He looks like a Korn fan who has a desk job.

Jim Cornette said Johnny Ace was the kind of guy who doesn't look big, but only makes big guys look smaller. That is what Corbin looks like now.

I'm a fan of Korn and I chuckled at this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, piranesi said:

Am I the last person to figure out that they named Baron Corbin Baron Corbin because they knew that when he inevitably went bald he was going to look exactly like Baron Von Raschke?

I've met Baron Von Raschke. Baron Von Raschke was a favorite of mine. Constable, you are no Baron Von Raschke.

• Haha 1